Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    1995 Z28 A4

Default Brakes or shocks?

Alright, so I'm putting a nice little chunk of my tax return toward the camaro. I know I'm gonna go with Strano springs and swaybars and probably slp Bilstein shocks. Also gonna get some ZR1s in 17x9.5 and put 275-40-17s on all 4 corners. Next is brakes though. Should I do the LS1 brake conversion or do the C5 brakes? I'm guessing I won't notice much difference between the two on the street or even the occasional autocross. If I can find a good deal on the LS1 setup, I could upgrade to Koni yellows...

So- given the choice, would you go with the Koni yellows and the LS1 brakes or the Bilsteins and C5 brakes?
    1995 Camaro Z28- T56 swap, LPP, Strano, Koni, Magnaflow, etc...

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Sean Cross
    Vehicle
    1995 Camaro Z28

Given the fact that better brakes are valuable no matter where you are I would go with C5 brakes.

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    1995 Z28 A4

Well from what I gathered on frrax, I don't think I'd see much difference between the LS1 brakes and the C5 brakes. It supposedly makes a difference on road courses, but not so much on autocross and street. I'll probably just go with the LS1 brakes with good pads, stainless lines, and good fluid, then get the better shocks, unless anyone can convince me that .8 inch bigger rotors and pressure cast calipers will benefit me on a mostly street car.
    1995 Camaro Z28- T56 swap, LPP, Strano, Koni, Magnaflow, etc...