Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Threaded View

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Dan Dalessandro
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro Z28

Default New member from south east Michigan

Howdy ya'll.. Wait I'm not from the south. I mean hello everybody! As you can see I have a terrible sense of humor. I haven't slept in like 20 hours. I'm too excited because the weather is finally starting to get nice in Michigan! Woohoo!
    So, about me. As you can probably guess, my name is Dan. I'm a college student studying mechanical engineering. I bought my 97 z28 back in march of 2014. March 21,2014 to be exact! I wanted an LT1.. and it had to be a camaro too. Don't get me wrong, I like Firebirds and Trans Ams. But the Camaro is just what I wanted more. So what got me into camaros. Well my cousin, had a 94 z28. This thing was a machine. Little ol LT1 pumped up to a 383. He was probably around 450. He never had it dynoed. Well he sold the car a year or so before I bought mine sadly. But I like his car so much, I said heck I want one. That want turned into NEED. His car was so loud, it set of alarms in wide open parking lots. His exhaust setup? Shorty headers, no cats, and the stock exhaust. It was a quasar blue too. This is probably the longest intro posted on here, my apologies!

My car is currently under construction however I ran into a ton of problems when the summer ended. Good ol fashion cooling problems. I finally had it all sorted. Then the water pump started leaking so I called it quits, and now she sits in the back garage, wanting to be fixed.

I've heard of this site, never took to the time to check it out and sign up. I'm happy to be in a environment where we appreciate the LT1, instead of hate on it like some other sites Because after all, isn't the new corvette using the LTx platform again, and not the LSx platform?

TL;DR: I'm a loser kid from michigan who has a LT1 and dislikes some LS1 operators because they hate on the LT1.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dan For This Post: