Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

View Poll Results: Which would you choose?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • S60 rear

9 64.29%
  • EFI/24x conversion

5 35.71%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    David
    Vehicle
    1985 Camaro Z28/1994 Firebird Formula

I would go with the EFI/24x for the reasons mentioned above. I don't think I would want to tear everything apart again to change harnesses once I had it together.
    -David-
    1985 Camaro Z28 (Under Construction)
    1994 Firebird Formula - LT1/4L60e (The Daily)

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Alex Rauld
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am GT

Quote Originally Posted by SwampWS6 View Post
    Well with being a LT1 with a TH400 I didnt wanna lose any whp if I could help it. I need every hp I can get. Plus the price between a 9" and a S60 is a big difference for me. I can get a good shipped deal on a S60 and no even eclipsing $2300 brand w/ powdercoating...........

I understand the budget approach but never settle just because anything is initially cheaper, the difference will long be forgotten but in the end you'll still have whatever you bought. Of course this isn't to say it's a bad choice, just don't let dollar amount be the only deciding factor. Turbo cars from my understanding and especially a 3 speed one, will tend to favor a taller gear. The tallest gear available for a S60 is a 3.55, maybe this or something steeper will be ideal for your combo. If that is not the case though you have no option since the S60 only has about 13 available gear choices, the 9" on the other hand has gearing as tall as 3.00 and has almost 50 available choices.

Like I stated though, I'm not a turbo guy and someone with more experience could give you better advice on what gearing will best match your combo
    Last edited by myltwon; 02-11-2015 at 07:19 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123