Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Lurker

Status
    Name
    Aaron
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

Well I decided to go ahead and bite the bullet on doing the 24x conversion. I would rather the car be running at its best rather than to have a new S60 and the car not performing at its full potential. So here I am basically prepping for the swap. Parts should start to pour in this week.

Check out my 97 Turbo Trans Am Build Here --> = B( . )Y( . )STED

Where did you get your hotside piping from and is it stainless or mild, did you have to remove your AC and how much did it cost?

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Aaron
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

I had the kit fabbed up. Cost me about $1k. Its mild steel wrapped with PTP lava wrap

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Aaron
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

Im in baby mode right now . Lol! But have fans, trans cooler, flexplate, stall and trans is in. Ordering driveshaft this weekend and torque arm in the next couple weeks. Wiring harness finally came in and also my 0411 PCM. So I have slightly started wiring. Everything is a mess right now.

Next I am trying to figure out how to do my coolant lines. Since the inlet/outlet lines to the rad/water pump are different sizes. Any thoughts?

Heres some crappy pics.....

Installing a dual fan setup......

Installed in the car. Tight fit tooo......

Derale trans cooler w/fan installed with AN fittings. Now just need to run lines from trans to cooler

Flexplate and ARP bolts

Installed TH400 w/crossmember

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Aaron
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

I finally got a chance to get my drive shaft ordered. I took my measurements at least 6 times to make sure that I got the same number (Old saying: Measure 3 times and cut once instead of measuring once and cutting three times).

A well known local shop in STL got it done for me. With 1350 U joints. It was a very nice quality piece too. I was very impressed. Rated to 1500hp. I hope im at least half that hp

I've learned so much during this build. I know how to do everything but weld at this point. But thats next on my list.

2 things about this pic:
    1. I think stock diameter is 2.5in and the new one is 3in. Made of steel but way lighter than the stock one.
    2. I dropped my old shaft off at the shop @ 4pm on a Thursday and picked it up @ 4pm on a Friday. Extremely quick turnaround!

The fit was effin perfect! Gosh I love cars :burn:

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    KYLE
    Vehicle
    95 MQBM Z28

Looking good swamps.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Aaron
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

Thanks @dawdaw. Its a tiring process that makes you wanna give up sometimes.

LTX Master

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 z28 2005 gxp

nice work. what fans and radiator did you go with?

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Aaron
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

dunno @blkchevyz Lol. Came from a 406 SBC custom setup. They were free. So hoping they will keep it cool enough

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Aaron
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

Moving along slowly but surely. Got a few parts in the other day and of course I couldnt wait to install them. Nothing major, its just when you spend money on the car, its always exciting .

Here I have my new B&M Stealth Pro Ratchet Shifter. A very cool piece!

Here is my new BMR Tunnel mount Torque Arm. TA013 is the part #. I chose this model so I can always keep it even when I upgrade the rear end. Also chose tunnel mount so it would not put a lot of strain and stress on the tail housing of the trans.

Next I have my TCI transbrake button. I am currently debating on whether to mount it on my center console near my shifter or just have it hang in a convenient area since it has a firm "snap-back" spiral cord.

Monster Carbon Fiber Tach. Not really a concern on mounting it yet. Got it for a great deal brand new!

Got a free catch can. So me being a dumb ass and trying to make my own coil bracket, I made the bracket extremely close to the breather hole on the valve cover. So I had my fabricator weld a -12 bung on the VC and just trying to figure out where to actually mount the can. A battery relocation would really work in my favor now. But $$$$$

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast