Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5th gen

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    JeremY
    Vehicle
    1972 NovA
    '72 Nova "HadeSS"

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    95albinobird
    Vehicle
    95 firehawk tribute

funny i just got the civic for dd duty and you guys are rocken ss 5th gen's i feel totally lame now lol. nice car's guy's
    i love this forum no one gave me shit about the civic just positive comment's thank you all !!!!
    i got on a 9th gen civic forum an they are TOTAL DICK'S for the most part
    if it's a v8 i'm all about GM if it's a 4 banger i roll a honda.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 95albinobird For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by 95albinobird View Post
    i love this forum no one gave me shit about the civic just positive comment's thank you all !!!!....
    Thats part of what makes this site and community so special.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Featherburner View Post
    The reason they don't go with 4.10-4.33 is first gear is shorter in the 6060 than the t-56. 3.01 in the 6060 and 2.66 in the t-56. Who is porting your intake and TB?
    Edit: Never mind, I read your intake thread and figured out who is porting the intake.
    It's like pulling teeth trying to get good info like that on Camaro5! Everyone has opinions, but getting useful tech advice is like winning the lottery. Thank you for the details, I do appreciate it. Still debating if 3.91's would satisfy my needs lol.

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project

7. The Following User Says Thank You to harner For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    @meissen
    @jcznova
    Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    @harner has one as well.
    I get no love

Quote Originally Posted by meissen View Post
    I've had two.

Started with a 2012 1LS (base model LFX 3.6 v6 with a manual transmission). The 3.6L v6 with the 6 speed is a really fun daily driver. *If you're going to go with a v6 make sure you get the 2012+ as the 2010 and 2011 come with the LLT 3.6L v6 which is prone to engines seizing up from consuming oil. Otherwise it's a blast to drive.
    Attachment 31610

I too wanted MyLink and more of the newer features, so in July 2014 I ended up making a deal with my website's sponsor to trade in my 2012 Camaro 1LS and get a 2014 Camaro 1LT (another LFX 3.6L v6 engine with a 6 speed transmission). For those that go on about new cars losing their value once it's driven off the lot... I walked away completely clean from my 2012 Camaro, got exactly what I owed for it. I was extremely happy about that.

The 2014+ design is very polarizing. I love it. I like the nose having a little more attitude to it, and I love the rear taillights on the 2014+ because the taillights are truer to the Camaro heritage than the 2010-2013 taillights.
    Attachment 31611

That said - I don't have any input on car seats, I haven't tried putting one in my car yet.
    No input on car seats from me either. Nobody has ever sat in back. I think the refreshed look of the '14's looks way better than the '10-'13 models. Messien has great taste in colors too! I would totally rock a V-6 car as a daily driver if given the choice. Something to think about though, the newest models do not have CD players, only inputs for phones and flashdrives, etc. If I was in the market for a V-6 car, I would shop around and get a stripped '14 LS model. I bet you could find one for around $20-$22k. It would have a lot of the factory warranty remaining. It's easy to option any new car up with "fluff", and suddenly it's $10k more for stuff you don't really need.

Here's my baby. Crystal Red is the color which is the best imo!

'94 coupe, 10.15 at 133.65 414" LT1, 4500 stall, n/a, pump gas, mufflers, street trim
    '15 Z/28, Red Hot, AC, Autocross beast

9. The Following User Says Thank You to joelster For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Im sorry man... i totally forgot. @joelster

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Nice 1LE! I do like the Crystal Red. My Mom sat in the back of my car on the hour and a half ride home from the dealer. She's like 5'2" and had plenty of leg room...on the passenger side lol. The passenger did have decent leg room as well despite the seat not being all the way back.

As for a CD player - who listens to CD's anymore? lol. I've been looking into doing the DIY MyLink retrofit in my '10 with the reverse camera. Finding a used MyLink that is priced right is the hardest part. The install doesn't look terrible, though.

After my T/A is done, I have some plans later this year for the SS and would like to "finish" it off next year with the performance and cosmetic mods for awhile.

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by harner View Post
    Nice 1LE! I do like the Crystal Red. My Mom sat in the back of my car on the hour and a half ride home from the dealer. She's like 5'2" and had plenty of leg room...on the passenger side lol. The passenger did have decent leg room as well despite the seat not being all the way back.

As for a CD player - who listens to CD's anymore? lol. I've been looking into doing the DIY MyLink retrofit in my '10 with the reverse camera. Finding a used MyLink that is priced right is the hardest part. The install doesn't look terrible, though.

After my T/A is done, I have some plans later this year for the SS and would like to "finish" it off next year with the performance and cosmetic mods for awhile.
    Lol we all know that mods done "really" stop but kind of just put them on the back burner for a while hahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
    Lol we all know that mods done "really" stop but kind of just put them on the back burner for a while hahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You got that right! Haha. I'd love to look into a whipple or one of those on7 kits, but the car's function right now is a fun DD 8 months a year. But yeah, it'll never stop, ever.

LTX Master

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 z28 2005 gxp

damn you guys got some nice 5th gens.
    i love my daily driver grand prix gxp, but man do i miss shifting and rear wheel drive lol

thanks for the info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12