Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Shuffled some crap around and pulled the car on the lift with a couple tow straps and the truck (very carefully). I must say, I'm very excited to have this thing in the air right now! I couldn't help but take a quick video and snap a picture or two. I don't even know where to start tonight, so I'll probably just put a bunch of parts on the work bench and set it up for when I get some wrench time on the car. My birthday present to myself is to spend some quality time with the car, and that will be going down most of this weekend. Assuming my Saturday morning Covid shot doesn't knock me on my ass.

Anyway, here ya go.

20210302_205043.jpg

20210302_210948.jpg

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harner For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

20210306_195348.jpg

I was able to spend some quality time with the T/A.

- Installed most of the BP Automotive 94 LT>LS harness. I will be installing the rest behind the dash tomorrow.
    - Charged the battery
    - Clearanced ribs on the bottom of the LS6 intake and massaged the crossover lines.
    - Installed intake w/injectors and rails, coils, plug wires
    - Bought some O2 sensors and an LS3 to LS2 MAF adapter (my bad)
    - Cleaned up a bunch of stuff and rerouted some wiring under the car.
    - Finally installed my fancy braided trans cooler lines

I have a laundry list of crap to do tomorrow, but I may be close to hearing this unit run. Big items next are fuel system, fluids, some more wiring tidy/cleanup and it actually might happen.

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harner For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

No pictures, sadly. If you saw this thread, you may have seen a little bit of a snag I had with the junk AGM battery. Ugh, probably won't be buying one of those again anytime soon.

In the process of removing and reinstalling the starter a few times, I broke the wires off the oil level sensor, but otherwise the car is ready for me to put the fuel system together. I think I'll install the Corvette filter in the driverside hole next to the firewall, just above the inner fenderwell. This also gives me an excuse to use the rolling air jack on my lift. The old nitrous system had some relays in there and now it's pretty open.

I will be using a different battery as well, just a typical C6 battery. Since it's pretty big, I need to find a good battery tray for it. My original intent for this car was to basically be NHRA legal in every way, and now I don't really care, I just want to drive it around and experience that 400whp throwing my mullet back. The interior is still semi gutted, with a few hours of rewiring just sitting there, waiting for the moment. That is last on the priority list until I hear the engine run.

Fun fact: Last summer I started making a list of things to do to the car, Roadkill-style. That followed over to this year and I found it really helpful to keep me on track.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harner For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

TA Wiring.jpg

Updated starter circuit drawing, updated with the new fuse configuration

8. The Following User Says Thank You to harner For This Post:

Is the fuse block rated to pass thru 200amps?
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shownomercy For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by shownomercy View Post
    Is the fuse block rated to pass thru 200amps?
    Good question.

300 Amp https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TFQ5CPZ

12. The Following User Says Thank You to harner For This Post:

Seems like you are good to go
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shownomercy For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

A lot has changed in a few weeks, but I'll do my best to summarize.

- Battery wiring was altered a bit from the above diagram, I'll update it eventually for anyone curious. But, I added a 2g ground off the block on the passenger side to a good ground on the chassis due to a voltage drop during cranking. Moved battery ground from the bolt near the DS exhaust tip to inside the car at the rear seatbelt bolt on the DS. The circuit breaker in the car, once I started digging, was a damn ANL 250a fuse connected via two studs. That was removed with some 0/1g wire. I did not put a circuit breaker in, maybe down the road.

- Spare Corvette Napa battery is in along with an ICT Billet battery hold down.

- Interior is now gutted. There was water under the carpet and it smelled funky. The carpet actually smelled funky since I got the car in 2006 lol. Cameron talked me into an HVAC delete panel, so dash is currently half off as well and that BS is coming out. Seats are out for now. I want to replace them with the Summit seats, but have them aside since they will likely go back in for the maiden voyage. I have plans for adding a bulkhead to the HVAC delete panel for the 1/0 power cable to get it away from the hack job under the factory grommet (I'll snap a pic of that nonsense when I fight that battle.

- Dash is not out yet, I'm still trying to find all the bolts holding it on.

- Started painted my OEM plastics ebony to match the headliner and future carpet.

- The engine is pouring oil out of the back of the block somewhere. Not seeping, not slowly running, but POURING oil when it cranks and as it ran. I am having a hard time locating the leak, but am leaning towards a rear main seal blowout. I need another set of eyes on it. The flexplate is slinging the oil everywhere and my time is very limited.

- My son was born on 4/5 so time has been null or limited even more than normal. But, I can't wait to have him in the shop with me and started looking at pack n plays for when I am on Dad duty when detailing lol.

- Fuel line is temporary in the engine bay. I have the @Fastbird fuel line relo kit on the car, but may be pulling it off and mounting the Corvette regulator under the car and then running a single ptfe line up.

- Big shout out to Cam for working on my base tune and providing advice. I'd tag him but forget his screen name on here. If you guys know it, tag him for me.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

I forgot to add that I replaced the Racetronix pump with another one. Tested relays and no dice. Not sure what caused the premature death on the old pump except maybe oh...years of sitting in turpentine old gas.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to harner For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast