Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

The C6Z will be missed, but there were some reasons why it was necessary (but not required) to go. I put ~1k miles on it in over a year of ownership. No one's fault but my own and the glorious PA roads. Gaining so much profit on a late model modified car is almost unheard of, especially when you have almost nothing into it. I will miss seeing the car in my garage and rowing gears in a high HP N/A car, but I won't miss mapping out what routes to take to avoid the potholes, speed bumps, etc. Anyone who has a lowered Corvette understands. The C8 is an amazing car, I got to drive a customer car recently and it's just a well engineered car. The shifts are instant. Having a man pedal in that car would be cool, but that auto trans is next level.

I will say that the next late model car will soon be acquired, but awaiting some tuning and last minute stuff from the build before it can be shipped. I don't want to jinx myself and give up too much info yet. But, it's coming barring anything catastrophic on the dyno.

Plenty of room in the garage...no time to do anything haha. Well after a week or however long it's been since the shop opened up a bit, I got to spend a few hours on the T/A.

The BP Automotive harness was spliced in and I verified high and low speeds are working and can trigger the fans to come on in HP Tuners (I had to modify the fan settings in HPT since the truck ECU I am using did not have efans), but I'm not sure why Fan 1 (a setting in HPT diagnostic) turns both fans on low speed and Fan 2 relay clicks but does nothing. I haven't done much outside of the wiring piece to see what is going on, but I am happy it WORKS. So outside of the wiring (soldering and splicing new connectors on the power and ground), I ripped out the old ebay catch can and fluid reservoir and mounted the Motion Raceworks stuff. I also mounted the BP fan relays/fuses in place near the Motion stuff and cleaned that area of the bay out a bit. I'll post a before collage and after pics. Wiring is not done and I want to do something a little nicer for the ground stud underneath everything.

Waiting on some fittings and adapters to show up so I can finish plumbing and clean up the catch can hoses more. For anyone following along with my power wiring and distribution block, I moved the "double-fused" starter power wire in the distro block to utilize a direct connection from the battery. There is still a circuit breaker right next to the battery, but I had to move this around to make the fan relay wiring cleaner.

I added a homemade little zip tie house mount for the catch can on the PS head as well. Hopefully the zip tie doesn't get too hot and melt, but damnit that took me a hot minute to figure something out lol.

Next up is cleaning up the fan relay wiring and finish plumbing the cans. Then run the car and ensure the fans kick on automatically at 175* or whatever I set it to. Then thrash time on the other low hanging fruit.

Screenshot_20220130-205930_Chrome.jpg

20220130_203842.jpg

20220130_203848.jpg

20220130_203835.jpg
    Last edited by harner; 01-31-2022 at 01:27 PM.

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harner For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Just a quick update from some shop time yesterday. First, I nix'd the detail side business to focus more time on life in general. I spent some time on the car windowing two spots for a wire tuck. You know, I'm not sure why this took so long to do, but it did. My air saw did not want to cooperate so I resorted to the death wheel, dremel, drill, and some files. It just took forever. 1/4" fuel line with a dab of weatherstrip adhesive cleaned up that wreck haha. I made it a little big since I may eventually relocate the power wire there as well.

The LS fenders were installed (loosely for now) and wheel well liners. The bumper support was installed, but LED fogs need wired. I threw a skinny on the front just for picture's sake. I think it looks awesome! Outside of all that, the fan harness is wired in after being soldered, heat shrinked, and loomed. I have some "service loops" tucked next to the cans unfortunately taking up space. Oh well.

Last week I picked up some ls1 calipers, Baer rotors, and Hawk HPS pads. So that is happening soon. I also picked up another LQ4 sbe, LQ4 block, and 241 ls1 heads for the collection of LS crap.

20220219_154244.jpg

20220219_154234.jpg

20220219_154254.jpg

20220219_154957.jpg

20220219_174028.jpg

20220219_181727.jpg

20220219_181738.jpg

20220219_181845.jpg

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harner For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

I made pretty decent progress with the car and then went radio silent for months. Ever since I purchased my latest toy, the '09 CTS-V, that has mostly taken priority over the little time I have to do car stuff. I did end up wiring up the fog lights temporarily and verified they worked off the switch. I wanted to make a little list here of what I need to do next and start crossing them off lol (laughing because it will be a couple weeks until I'm back in the shop).

- Clean up wiring for fogs
    - Mount or relocate Corvette fuel regulator
    - Finish the dash removal/HVAC delete/reinstall dash
    - Wiring and seats

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harner For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Cameron
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula

Them fog lights look familiar just can't put my finger on it.

Looks good man, like your taste on the catch can setup.
    2012 Sierra - 5.3, Summit "Stage 1" Truck Cam
    1994 Jimmy - LS? LT? 4wd? AWD? Time? Money?
    1994 Formula - 5.3, Terminator X, Billet VS7875, "Best Cam", T56, QP 9"
    Formula Build Thread

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sahara54 For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

More months went by and I sold the original seats with some hardware, as well as used the spoiler as a shelf for a while. I've been putting a little time and money into my POS Olds lately. I made a slick relay panel and switch setup for it and plan to do something similar for the T/A. Once the wiring is done in the Olds and radiator swapped/efans wired in, the T/A will go back on the lift.

Also, if you're interested - the Olds build thread is very picture heavy:

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...achine-166876/

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harner For This Post:

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728