Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Regarding the Z06, I never did do some kind of mini photoshoot of the car after all the work I put into it. I also did not do a traditional ceramic coat, but rather 2 coats of a "Resin Coating," which is a ceramic (sio2) base. Looks great and repels water differently than anything I ever saw before. I used this product on a few cars including my own, now. The downfall is it isn't durable, only lasting 3 months, up to 6 with 2 coats. I'm still experimenting with it. It's cheap and easy to use with proper lighting. If you are interested in trying it out, my supplier calls it Trench Coat. Search for it here: http://surefiredetail.com/gcc

Here is an album with some detail pictures, videos, and a walkaround video from a week or two ago: https://photos.app.goo.gl/VRQWJmuYm6suniB48

##########

ANYWAY, back on topic lol.

This year has been nuts for everyone. For anyone who knows me or has been following this "build" thread, I was prepping my house to sell. Welp, it sold in 3 days with a healthy chunk offered on top of the asking price. The crazy thing is I had multiple offers and went with the one that had minimal inspections. We sold, had 3 weeks to move out (spent 1 of those weeks in Ocean City, MD for the Fall Cruise), and moved in with my parents. We had no idea where we were going as we saw a few houses and lost the bids or knew they weren't for us. We also talked to multiple builders but failed to find the right lot. We ended up finding a house in between my parents' house and my wife's parents' and not far from where my detail shop is/was. Had the most attractive offer and won. The house sits on 5.6 acres and it's basically at the top of a hill with a long, private driveway that wraps around the back of the house.

It's a split level, nothing too crazy, but it does have a 2 car attached garage where the Corvette now resides. There is a nice old shop on the property which will serve as my new detail shop, and more importantly, where I plan on doing hoodrat $hit out of. 32x60x14 (in the center of the roof) steel building, ~8" concrete, even a bay under the garage. It has 2 oil furnaces (1 seized and retired, 1 f'd up that needs work) and an A/C slash air handler unit, an office area, and old scary knob and tube throughout. It is wired for 220 everywhere, literally outlets dangling from the ceiling as it used to be a machine shop of some kind. Also, there is a pretty sweet gantry lift in the ceiling. The first order of business is to add/replace all overhead lights with LED. I'm about halfway through that project, but ran out of ladder height. I tried running the oil furnaces, but the big old unit on a rafter is locked up and super old and the other turns on, throws fire bombs and creates a smoke show in the garage. There are also 8 translucent fiberglass panels in the roof that all leak (either on the floor or into the insulation) and am trying to find some replacement panels, plastic or steel before the white stuff flies. Also, a lift will be en route in a month or two. The wiring will be addressed in time. There is no water in the shop currently, so I'd like to have that and also it has a fuel pump that works lol. Not sure what to do with that other than store race gas in it.

20201126_093831.jpg

20201115_101827.jpg

TA-Skates.jpg

20201115_105158.jpg

The T/A now resides on some of these wheel dollies aka Pentagon Tools Tire Skates (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) - which are pleasantly easy to maneuver the car around on and heavier duty than Harbor Freight according to some Youtube reviews. I need to pop the trans dipstick out and run the braided lines that I made, but may wait until the car is on a lift. After that, I the new LS harness from BP can go on along with the intake, fuel system installed, etc. This winter should be fun.

Also not sure if I even want to dig into the IROC. I may try to offload it as-is for the next guy to resurrect and have fun with. Not sure.

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harner For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

CONGRATS on the house and the shop. thats a pretty dope setup.
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Thanks, Shaun! You'll have to visit when you're in the area next.

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harner For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by harner View Post
    Thanks, Shaun! You'll have to visit when you're in the area next.
    I was gonna say if i could get a day off id come get one of those heaters working

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Very cool shop/garage! Jealous
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

10. The Following User Says Thank You to shownomercy For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

More garage stuff. Installed LED overhead shop lights. Husky 72" tool chest, Husky 72" workbench on casters, and Husky storage solution for my detail stuff. Also, a 4 post lift from ontimeautoequipment.com rated at 9000lbs with a rolling air jack to be able to take off wheels, casters to move the lift around, and a few other accessories. Still moving crap around, but every week I am chipping away at it. The T/A will be on the lift soon, which is exciting! I have an old tire machine and balancer coming in a few weeks.

As far as garage projects go, the short list is putting up plywood walls, at least by the Husky storage system, so that I can mount the overhead cabinets. Eventually, the entire shop will have painted plywood walls. I need to remove some of the old crap yet (already sold 1 oil furnace) like the old seized rafter-mounted oil furnace, AC/air handler unit, old air compressor, and misc old machine shop power tools that are mounted to the steel beams. Next year, I will figure out running water and will be re-wiring most of the shop.

20210102_203753.jpg

20210131_174937.jpg

20210206_194144.jpg

20210206_221854.jpg

20210214_213706.jpg

Hopefully, the next update will include some T/A progress pics!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harner For This Post:

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Post a review on those Husky cabinets after you've used them for a while. I just ordered myself a new toolbox (Extreme RX-722519 in Black w/Blue trim) and have to rearrange the working area in my garage which is going to necessitate some cabinets so I'm in the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    Post a review on those Husky cabinets after you've used them for a while. I just ordered myself a new toolbox (Extreme RX-722519 in Black w/Blue trim) and have to rearrange the working area in my garage which is going to necessitate some cabinets so I'm in the market.
    Nice box! That was one of the many I was checking out before grabbing the Husky. The drawer layout of the Husky is pretty vanilla, but it does have an adjustable height top and I went with the HD series after seeing the non-HD in person. There was a display model at the local Home Depot and one of the drawers was pulled out and mangled. Upon closer inspection, there was a very obvious boot print inside of it lol. Even the HD was super reasonable, I thought. Watching the goofballs load it in my truck was interesting. The gantry lift made it REAL easy to unload.

The cabinets are NOT the HD version. I have a hard time justifying HD for detail supplies. Maybe some day they will be used for something else and I'll regret it, but they will serve a purpose. They, along with the other Husky stuff, is very well packaged. The cabinets, what is standing so far, is plenty sturdy for my needs. I don't think there was anything that I recall which made me scratch my head at the design. I went with a stainless top with them instead of the wood top. The only thing I regret is not buying more cabinets right away. I have more crap than I thought. I'll report back when the overhead cabinets are installed and I get some more details under my belt this year.

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Nice box! That was one of the many I was checking out before grabbing the Husky. The drawer layout of the Husky is pretty vanilla, but it does have an adjustable height top and I went with the HD series after seeing the non-HD in person. There was a display model at the local Home Depot and one of the drawers was pulled out and mangled. Upon closer inspection, there was a very obvious boot print inside of it lol. Even the HD was super reasonable, I thought. Watching the goofballs load it in my truck was interesting. The gantry lift made it REAL easy to unload.

The cabinets are NOT the HD version. I have a hard time justifying HD for detail supplies. Maybe some day they will be used for something else and I'll regret it, but they will serve a purpose. They, along with the other Husky stuff, is very well packaged. The cabinets, what is standing so far, is plenty sturdy for my needs. I don't think there was anything that I recall which made me scratch my head at the design. I went with a stainless top with them instead of the wood top. The only thing I regret is not buying more cabinets right away. I have more crap than I thought. I'll report back when the overhead cabinets are installed and I get some more details under my belt this year.
    I looked at those Husky boxes and really for the price they're a great buy, but my concern was depth and layout. I needed more than a single oversize drawer, and that took the Husky out of the running. Shame because I'd have ordereda white HD Husky box in a heartbeat if it had the right layout (REALLY wanted a white box).

Another box I looked at and was originally intent on getting was the Icon box at Harbor Freight. That thing is an absolute TANK, and if I hadn't gotten impatient I'd have walked with one for $2311 out the door after tax (20% off using the Inside Track coupon, another 10% off for opening a CC which has 0% for 36 months on purchases over $1799), about $200 cheaper than the Extreme box. That Icon box is a serious Snap On competing piece of hardware. It's legit. But I got sick of waiting for a 20% offer to come around, ordered the Extreme, and THE NEXT MORNING, HF put the 20% offer out there. Cest' La Vie.

First world problem for me was all this started because I was originally just going to get a 72" HF US General box and call it a day. Then I realized that it was going to cost me literally $0 out of pocket because I had accumulated a little over $1000 to redeem from Swagbucks.......so I decided if I was originally going to spend $1K out of pocket, then I'm going to get something bigger and better and still put in the $1K or so out of pocket. First world problems I tell ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

More garage stuff. Installed LED overhead shop lights. Husky 72" tool chest, Husky 72" workbench on casters, and Husky storage solution for my detail stuff. Also, a 4 post lift from ontimeautoequipment.com rated at 9000lbs with a rolling air jack to be able to take off wheels, casters to move the lift around, and a few other accessories. Still moving crap around, but every week I am chipping away at it. The T/A will be on the lift soon, which is exciting! I have an old tire machine and balancer coming in a few weeks.

As far as garage projects go, the short list is putting up plywood walls, at least by the Husky storage system, so that I can mount the overhead cabinets. Eventually, the entire shop will have painted plywood walls. I need to remove some of the old crap yet (already sold 1 oil furnace) like the old seized rafter-mounted oil furnace, AC/air handler unit, old air compressor, and misc old machine shop power tools that are mounted to the steel beams. Next year, I will figure out running water and will be re-wiring most of the shop.

20210102_203753.jpg

20210131_174937.jpg

20210206_194144.jpg

20210206_221854.jpg

20210214_213706.jpg

Hopefully, the next update will include some T/A progress pics!
    nice set up. ive been eyeing that husky workbench/box as well since i need to maximize storage/space and i dont have a workbench, been using the tailgate of the truck for 2 years.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392

19. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast