Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Another day, another defeat. I should have known better, but the bottom flex hose failed as well. WHAT A SURPRISE! At least I got it to about 180 or so and it seemed to stay there. idling for a good 20ish minutes. The fans didnt even kick on.

20211215_214138.jpg

On the plus side, I plan on spending some more quality time on this POS over the holidays. I need to get it mobile enough to be able to hop in, start it up, and move it reliably. The IROC has to go on the lift next and it's difficult to maneuver stuff around on the dollies, let alone with a lift in the middle of the shop.
    Attached Images Attached Images

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project

2. The Following User Says Thank You to harner For This Post:

LTX Master

Status

What a barf mess! At least it was clean coolant. When I first cranked up my project truck LT1 as soon as the thermostat opened it barfed a bunch of nasty rusty dexcool remnants out of the block which fouled a new radiator, coolant recovery tank , etc. I need to move it out of the shop to flush it but just haven't had the time to get back on it.
    Last edited by JOATMON; 12-16-2021 at 09:19 AM.
    '97 SS SLP,T56, Spec stage 2+ clutch,385 stroker,AFR210,XFI292,Moser 12 bolt eaton posi 4.10's. NO traction til top of 3rd gear.
    '57 Chevy 3100 p/u LT1/T56
    Wife's '94 Z28 has been sold.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by JOATMON View Post
    What a barf mess! At least it was clean coolant. When I first cranked up my project truck LT1 as soon as the thermostat opened it barfed a bunch of nasty rusty dexcool remnants out of the block which fouled a new radiator, coolant recovery tank , etc. I need to move it out of the shop to flush it but just haven't had the time to get back on it.
    Dexcool is the WORST

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Just a brief update. I went to the local parts store (mom and pop place) right next to my house. They are getting to know me very well lol. I checked out their 300+ radiator hoses in the storage room and nothing fit my upper or lower hose. One was close for the top hose, but the ends were different sizes. So my top hose is two cobbled together hoses that are butted together with a billet coupler. The lower hose was such a weird angle that I threw my hands in the air and bought an aftermarket thermostat housing that is straight instead of a 90* or whatever harsh angle the stock one is at.

Seriously, this shouldn't be that difficult!

Anyway, the older style thermostat housing actually had a tstat pressed into them. So I had to buy a new tstat as well. I saw mixed reviews of the aftermarket tstat housings not being flush and they only seal with a rubber o ring, so who knows what will happen. I'm about 1 hot minute away from doing AN lines on everything and an ewp. Or just finding a stock radiator/fan setup.

I talked to a tuner finally to get me a solid base tune. It now starts and idles real easy, but will need dyno time once it's mobile. Hoping in the spring. I sent logs over and he's reviewing. I was hoping to hammer down on the car this week and next, but now with the wife testing positive for COVID, I'm on fulltime baby duty + work.

On the plus side, I bought some seats FINALLY! Here they are: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/c...bird/year/1994

Also, I bought a HF 30x16 cart for all of my electrical crap. Thinking about buying another one for my undercoating stuff. In a week and a half, a guy is coming to hopefully buy the IROC. Things are happening, just at a snail's pace.

What's next for the T/A? Bleed coolant, expect it to leak from the tstat housing, pretend it's not leaking, figure out a fan controller solution (it has a probe setup now but may buy the BP Automotive harness and do it right), and move it out of the shop.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harner For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by harner View Post
    Just a brief update. I went to the local parts store (mom and pop place) right next to my house. They are getting to know me very well lol. I checked out their 300+ radiator hoses in the storage room and nothing fit my upper or lower hose. One was close for the top hose, but the ends were different sizes. So my top hose is two cobbled together hoses that are butted together with a billet coupler. The lower hose was such a weird angle that I threw my hands in the air and bought an aftermarket thermostat housing that is straight instead of a 90* or whatever harsh angle the stock one is at.

Seriously, this shouldn't be that difficult!

Anyway, the older style thermostat housing actually had a tstat pressed into them. So I had to buy a new tstat as well. I saw mixed reviews of the aftermarket tstat housings not being flush and they only seal with a rubber o ring, so who knows what will happen. I'm about 1 hot minute away from doing AN lines on everything and an ewp. Or just finding a stock radiator/fan setup.

I talked to a tuner finally to get me a solid base tune. It now starts and idles real easy, but will need dyno time once it's mobile. Hoping in the spring. I sent logs over and he's reviewing. I was hoping to hammer down on the car this week and next, but now with the wife testing positive for COVID, I'm on fulltime baby duty + work.

On the plus side, I bought some seats FINALLY! Here they are: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/c...bird/year/1994

Also, I bought a HF 30x16 cart for all of my electrical crap. Thinking about buying another one for my undercoating stuff. In a week and a half, a guy is coming to hopefully buy the IROC. Things are happening, just at a snail's pace.

What's next for the T/A? Bleed coolant, expect it to leak from the tstat housing, pretend it's not leaking, figure out a fan controller solution (it has a probe setup now but may buy the BP Automotive harness and do it right), and move it out of the shop.
    Glad to see some progress, even if it is at a snails pace...

More importantly, hopefully the wife is doing ok with the VID.

I brought it home to the whole family and it put me down for a good 2 weeks...

Sucks!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Glad to see some progress, even if it is at a snails pace...

More importantly, hopefully the wife is doing ok with the VID.

I brought it home to the whole family and it put me down for a good 2 weeks...

Sucks!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Oof that sucks, but glad everyone is ok! My wife is slowly recovering. She didn't have it terribly bad, she was mostly functional but had all of the normal symptoms. I appreciate the kind words and thank you.

In other news, I can say the car moved under it's own power out of the shop in 2021!

BP Automotive fan relay harness arrived today. I think that's it for T/A parts for...the moment...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harner For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

20220121_201512.jpg
    20220122_123355.jpg

Two major changes happened to my automotive inventory over the weekend. The C6Z was sold to a gentleman in Ohio who is super excited to own his dream car. I had to take advantage of the market and made some serious coin on the transaction, but the car will absolutely be missed. By the way, I kept the Welds. Hoping they fit the T/A!

The writing was on the wall for the IROC. I sold that along with all of the parts I had laying around for it. 91-92 aero kit including bumper and fenders, extra set of IROC gold wheels, and a ton of misc parts. 2 sets of t-tops in leather bags, gobs of interior parts, and so much more. The car went to a very young guy who has a literal pile of third gens.

The Trans Am currently has the entire 32x60 shop to itself right now, which is a very strange sight. I haven't had much time this month for much of anything fun, but I've been cranking on my Oldsmobile with getting a custom console designed for a stereo and cup holders. The TA needs to go on the lift and have the fan harness installed, new seats fitted, and then it's time to thrash.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to harner For This Post:

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

BOOOOOOO for selling the ZO6. But I get it. If I didn't like seeing my C5 smiling at me in the garage every day I'd have probably thrown it up for $35K myself (and put a down payment on a C8).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    BOOOOOOO for selling the ZO6. But I get it. If I didn't like seeing my C5 smiling at me in the garage every day I'd have probably thrown it up for $35K myself (and put a down payment on a C8).
    No manual, no care.
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

Plenty of room in the garage now you say?

My car does need an oil cooler installed.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast