Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Default 94 TA vs 2013.5 + Jetta

Took a mid night drive after the seahawks strangled the delusional cardinals. A 2013.5 or newer Jetta pulls along side me and gives it a quick gun to instigate a race. My maf hasn't been cleaned in months and i know it's down on power ((no 1-2 spinning, and has a TPI top end feel)) and the races with said dirty maf have been less than stellar ((tied with turbo optima and pentastar avenger, both mid 14s@96-99)). So I wasn't wanting another embarrassing tie. But the gf cheered for a race and it was Christmas with in a couple days, what the Hell right!?!

The race:
    70 -120 he hung 2 cars back after the 2 car jump I got at 70. I shut down and he flew on by after an evasive maneuver to avoid the car approaching in his lane. The gf loved it and laughed at the Jetta driver, so my ego wasn't too bruised. But it still stings a bit he hung so close. Needless to say, I just finally cleaned my maf and air filter. Dirty dirty.

Did some reading, 210hp/207tq, mid 14s@95. With a stage 1 tune, these things will do mid high 13s@99-103. Stage 2 with exhaust is low 13s@106ish. Not too shabby. Just get rid of that VW crayola cabin smell.
    1994 TRANS AM GT: A4,3.23 / Cai / Borla exhaust / Strano Springs / Koni Yellows
    ltxtech.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43&dateline=123810500  2

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Nice. I got eaten by a turbo optima in the boat the other day, time for upgrades
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Never checked back in this until now. In your 436hp boat?! It had to have been tuned and they havent been able to crack the pcm codes the last time i checked on them. Course its been a few years. Yeah those turbo optimas are pretty quick and I think they are pretty good looking. I cleaned the maf but it still didn't have the balls out acceleration I know it has. It still needed a plug change too. I ended up buying a laptop and scan/tuning software. Found out the mad was really dirty and needed a few cleanings. It was flowing 220gps max "clean" which was low. So I cleaned it a few times and got it to read a more acceptable 240gps. With the new plugs, clean maf, and deleted cat, it's back in beast mode. Needless to say, you think you cleaned your Maf, but maybe you haven't and it's got 20 more grams per second in it!
    Last edited by El Super Kevbot; 01-30-2015 at 12:59 PM.
    1994 TRANS AM GT: A4,3.23 / Cai / Borla exhaust / Strano Springs / Koni Yellows
    ltxtech.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43&dateline=123810500  2