Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    David
    Vehicle
    1985 Camaro Z28/1994 Firebird Formula

Default 2015 LTx Extreme Street N/A Rules

Extreme Street N/A

Qualifying, Ladder, and Tree Information
    Limited to quickest 16 qualifiers. Sportsman Ladder. .400 Pro Tree

Vehicle/Body Rules

Open to all year, make, and model vehicles. All vehicles must be stock bodied and stock appearing. Aftermarket panels limited to hood.
    OEM dash required. Carpet and interior panels forward of package shelf required. Radio and HVAC controls may be replaced with delete panel. Two front seats are required and must be securely mounted. After market seats are allowed. Rear seats may be removed. Windows must be factory style safety glass and operational. Lexan windows prohibited. All mirrors for body style claimed required.
    Minimum race weight including driver 3350lbs.

Engine & Drivetrain Rules

Must have LT1 based engine (Factory LT1 Block). Cylinder heads must retain the factory 23 degree valve angle and spacing, Trick Flow 21 degree heads permitted (TFS-30400008-M54). Aftermarket heads and converted small block Chevrolet heads will be permitted if they follow the above guidelines.
    Stock or stock ported intake manifold required. LT1/4 specific Edlebrock intake manifold permitted. No cutting or welding of intake manifold allowed.
    Hydraulic roller camshafts only. Solid lifters prohibited.
    Exhaust must exit behind front seats.
    Factory PCM required. Engine must have fully functional opti-spark distributor. Stock style aftermarket opti is allowed. LS1 PCM/24X conversion allowed with a 200lbs weight penalty (opti-spark not required with 24x conversion). Aftermarket EFI PCMs are not allowed. Aftermarket ignition boxes allowed. Two-steps only allowed for manual transmission vehicles. Gasoline or E85 only. Rear mounted batteries must be mounted and vented per NHRA specifications and have a functional disconnect switch.
    The following transmissions are allowed without weight penalty: 700R4, 4L60, 4L60e, and T56. GM TH350, TH400, and 4L80e are allowed with a 200lbs weight penalty. Torque converters not permitted with manual transmissions and clutch activated automatic transmissions are prohibited. No trans-brakes allowed.
    Any automotive rear axle permitted.
    Nitrous bottles must be removed and feed line capped.

Chassis & Suspension

Vehicles must have stock style suspension for year, make, model claimed. Four links and ladder bars not permitted. Solid engine mounts allowed. Motor plates are prohibited. Factory style tubular replacement components allowed. Rear sway bar must be mounted to rear differential with rubber/poly bushings but may have solid end links.

Wheels & Tires

Any automotive wheel permitted. Tires have a maximum height of 28” and a maximum tread width of 10” for DOT bias-ply and DOT radial tires. Non DOT slicks are not permitted.

Street Equipment

All entries must have functional lights, horn, turn signals, and wipers at minimum. Cruise control, fog lights, air conditioning, heat, radio, and ABS may be removed. Vehicles may undergo a basic road safety inspection as part of the tech-in process.

Class Safety Requirements

Vehicle and driver must meet NHRA certifications for time and speed the vehicle is running.
    Last edited by DMBlack; 12-18-2014 at 10:57 PM.
    -David-
    1985 Camaro Z28 (Under Construction)
    1994 Firebird Formula - LT1/4L60e (The Daily)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DMBlack For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Jeff Stark
    Vehicle
    1994 Firehawk

Looks good except for the brakes part. I run my drag brakes on the street and had them when I ran this class before so why the change now ? It would be pretty funny to get bumped to Mod for brakes.

Jeff
    2010,2011,2012, 2013, 2015 LTX Shootout Extreme Street NA Champion.
    2013 Modified N/A runner up. 2015 Mod NA Champ
    1994 Pontiac Firehawk #51 10.82 @ 121mph 1.37 sixty ft.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Badhawk For This Post:

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

Looking it over now jeff. Just a question on my behalf, what constitutes a "race brake" and what would it's advantage be over a standard braking system?
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    Mods: 9:1 383 LT1, Ported Trick Flow heads, D1SC Procharger, 4L80E, 3.50 9"
    Check out the M122 MCSS build thread here!

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Jeff Stark
    Vehicle
    1994 Firehawk

Race brakes are extremely light less rotating mass. I chose to lose weight by buying lightweight parts rather than cutting up the car.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Badhawk View Post
    Race brakes are extremely light less rotating mass. I chose to lose weight by buying lightweight parts rather than cutting up the car.
    I have no dog in this fight but aren't all "race brakes" advertised as not for street use? Which, kinda goes against the "Street" class... and all..
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Jeff Stark
    Vehicle
    1994 Firehawk

Drag radial say the same thing but that doesn't stop people from driving them the street.

Jeff

Drag radial say the same thing but that doesn't stop people from driving them the street.
    Touche, but, I think radials have a DOT approval, whereas drag brakes do not?

Just making convo here.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Jeff Stark
    Vehicle
    1994 Firehawk

The class is also called extreme street. Nothing wrong with a little friendly debate

Jeff

10 Second N/A Club

Status
    Name
    Josh
    Vehicle
    96 Z28

To my knowledge there's not criteria for brakes as far as DOT is concerned like there is with tires. Street brakes have vented rotors where drag brakes generally are a solid rotor. Because of this they're easy to warp and aren't recommended for street use by the manufacturer.
    rotors.jpg
    -Josh
    co-owner of BDBRacing.com
    NMCA OC 9004
    96, N/A 385, Holley EFI, Faceplated M6, AI TFS heads, LE SR cam, MWC Fab 9
    10.16 @ 136 1.50 60'........still workin on that 60' shootin for 1.4's!

Looks good except for the brakes part. I run my drag brakes on the street and had them when I ran this class before so why the change now ? It would be pretty funny to get bumped to Mod for brakes.

let me see what answers I can get
    1994 Formula, 396cid, AFR 227's, Single plane, and 2 of the big ones.
    http://ltxtech.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=241&dateline=12653889  02

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast