Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

DYNO RESULTS!!!

Dyno was a dynocom. I understand that they reada little bit high. 294.6rwhp and 350.5rwtq, hot damn.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    96Z M6, ERE-383 #60, AFR 210s, LE cam, 9", Procharger D1, ???whp
    95 Roadmaster T-56 swap, LE1s, baby cam, 4.56s, "The Cammaster"
    95 Firehawk hooptie, bolt-ons and suspension

Awesome nice
    Using Tapatalk

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

I don't think I ever put up an updated pic of the motor... Here's how it sits right now with the EWP. I need to do some wire tucking and find that damn clutch reservoir bracket (it's around here somewhere). It needs a good clean.

speedboat.jpg

I'll work on getting a better picture of the dyno sheet without the rpms cut off. I posted the pic from my phone earlier.
    I was told those are SAE #s but I still think the dyno is on the high side. I'm guessing it's would be a little bit lower on a dynojet. The power drop off after the 1st run is concerning. The dyno operator said the car was running hotter on pulls 2 & 3 but I have no idea how much. Maybe the hotter temps + 87 gas caused the car to pull timing... I wish my datalog rig was working. Not sure what Bryan Herter set the fan temps to. I'll try to pull the tune and check it out once I'm certain my laptop/cable won't brick the PCM.

http://vid1081.photobucket.com/album...ps63c514a8.mp4
    Last edited by Catmaigne; 09-14-2014 at 10:03 PM.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

soft8.jpg

They look so tiny without the tires on! It's a 17x8 Soft 8 but they're getting sent back to JEGS because they showed up with rash on them. I also want him to go with a slightly larger backspace for more clearance. They're gonna look nice when it's all done. 275/40r17s all around.

Next project is to pick up a set of LCAs from the junkyard, box them, and install new bushings. The stock ones are shot and I want to add a rear sway bar from a Crown Vic to this thing. Also going to swap the steering box for a much lower ratio, finally put those Vogtlands in the front, and put in new ball joints. Trying to make this thing less of a mess to drive because it's dangerously floaty. The suspension definitely can't handle the power.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by Catmaigne View Post
    soft8.jpg

They look so tiny without the tires on! It's a 17x8 Soft 8 but they're getting sent back to JEGS because they showed up with rash on them. I also want him to go with a slightly larger backspace for more clearance. They're gonna look nice when it's all done. 275/40r17s all around.

Next project is to pick up a set of LCAs from the junkyard, box them, and install new bushings. The stock ones are shot and I want to add a rear sway bar from a Crown Vic to this thing. Also going to swap the steering box for a much lower ratio, finally put those Vogtlands in the front, and put in new ball joints. Trying to make this thing less of a mess to drive because it's dangerously floaty. The suspension definitely can't handle the power.
    @JCZNova used to run those on his nova... I like em

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

The guys from Regular Car Reviews are coming to check out the boatmobile in a few weeks. This is gonna be good lol. Gonna need a ltxtech sticker for the back to go above "Bro, do you even shift?"

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

What is regular car reviews? Pm me and we can discuss decals...

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

Regular Car Reviews is a youtube show that gets posted on the Jalopnik car news website all the time. I think they're based somewhere up in Berks county. They'll probably enjoy driving the boat.

As for the sticker, I've been eying up #5. I'll pm you.

I installed a B&M ripper a little while ago because the stock shifter is crap when it comes to 2-3. Next up is the spring swap up front, ball joints, LCA bushings, and a rigged up rear sway bar (because the car has none). Been trying to get this thing to handle more predictably... the body roll makes things really difficult. Still fun to powerslide though! Although the weight shift makes it pretty unforgiving. This is me driving. I miss my car!

We were having a problem with the car where if you tried to do a donut engine would cut out and the revs would die down. At first I thought it was an ABS or traction control problem so I pulled some fuses with little luck. Turns out the problem was gas sloshing around in the tank would cause a loss in fuel pressure because of how it's shaped (really flat). It even does it with 5/8-3/4 tank on the gauge so the thing has to be pretty full. You can watch the needle drop down to E in a spin... it's a pretty bad design.
    Last edited by Catmaigne; 09-29-2014 at 12:49 AM.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    1996 Camaro Z28

If the regular car review guys do a vid post links immediately after they post it lol make sure you get some LTxTech decals and shirts. Free plug for the site !
    Arctic White 1996 Z28. Stock internal LT1, CAI, LM1, MGW Shifter, 3.73's, some suspension junk, and shiny salad shooters (retired). Forgestar F14's 18x10 on all 4. Fun stuff coming soon. Also, Cali smog regulations suck...period. **Insert witty quote here** LT1FTW that is all. Have a nice day.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by SJx408 View Post
    If the regular car review guys do a vid post links immediately after they post it lol make sure you get some LTxTech decals and shirts. Free plug for the site !

Great minds think alike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmaigne View Post
    Regular Car Reviews is a youtube show that gets posted on the Jalopnik car news website all the time. I think they're based somewhere up in Berks county. They'll probably enjoy driving the boat.

As for the sticker, I've been eying up #5. I'll pm you.

I installed a B&M ripper a little while ago because the stock shifter is crap when it comes to 2-3. Next up is the spring swap up front, ball joints, LCA bushings, and a rigged up rear sway bar (because the car has none). Been trying to get this thing to handle more predictably... the body roll makes things really difficult. Still fun to powerslide though! Although the weight shift makes it pretty unforgiving. This is me driving. I miss my car!

We were having a problem with the car where if you tried to do a donut engine would cut out and the revs would die down. At first I thought it was an ABS or traction control problem so I pulled some fuses with little luck. Turns out the problem was gas sloshing around in the tank would cause a loss in fuel pressure because of how it's shaped (really flat). It even does it with 5/8-3/4 tank on the gauge so the thing has to be pretty full. You can watch the needle drop down to E in a spin... it's a pretty bad design.
    Pm recieved. Ill be pm'n u back.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast