Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro

Default Wheel/Tire Question

I'm in the process of switching over my street/strip car into strictly a drag car and blasting a big shot of nitrous (around 250-300) through it.
    (Forged 355, bowl ported heads with 2.02"/1.6" valves, CC503, Holley 670 carb, GMP intake, TDP built T56). The car is being built for test & tune and Friday Night street legal races but my local track is pretty lenient with what they consider a street car... not really looking to fit into any specific class or bracket race.

The car currently has 17" replica C5 Z06 wheels on it with 275/40/17s and I am looking to shed some weight off the front tires with skinnies and running a rear tire with a little more sidewall and better compound... I've had great luck on the MT ET Streets with less nitrous in the past.

I'm willing to run whatever size wheel will fit but I can't go much bigger than a 26" tall tire. I have LS1 front brake calipers and rear LCA relocation brackets.

Can I clear a 15" or 16" tire and how wide can I go on what backspacing?
    1994 Z28 - Forged 355/TDP T56. Heads, Cam, Nitrous, Suspension and no more opti!

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    KYLE
    Vehicle
    95 MQBM Z28

Best bang for your buck in the rear would be a 15X10 draglites with a 7.5 back spacing assuming you have a stock rear end? Why do you say you can't run a tire taller then 26? Your best bet with a stick for a rear tire is a 28x10.5 et drag. . That wheel tire combo above will clear stock everything but may require just a small bit of trimming om the inner fender well...
    As far as fronts run a 15x4 whatever rim with a 26x4.5 et front runner and you'll be all set!