Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Gail C. Cahall
    Vehicle
    93 Camaro, 95 Impala SS, 01 Corvette, '05 Dodge Ram

The personal attacks are derived from trying to deal with someone so hard headed that you can't get through to them. How many transmissions have YOU built? How long have you been doing this for a living? Why is my "opinion" more plausible than Jakes? I've explained this numerous times but you're too thick headed to understand it... I build BOTH transmissions, and my 4L60E reputation speaks for itself. Again, I know it's like talking to a wall, but here goes again. Atleast the other people reading this thread will be smart enough to grasp this. I build 4L80E. I have them in low 10 second turbo LS cars. It would cost me less money to build 4L80s than 4L60Es. My profit margin would be wider. The ONLY reason I would push a 4L80E is if I didn't know how to build a 4L60E because I know it's not the right transmission for the vehicle. Go back to Jakes FAQ page. See where he lists the fictitious weight difference between a 60 and an 80? Why would you believe anything else on that page when we already know that's fictitious. I could go through all the trouble an expense to do back to back tests, but you would still try to promote your alternate reality to keep from admitting the truth. I could post dyno sheets and videos, but in all your thick headedness, you'd claim it was all rigged. You made a mistake. You put the wrong trans in your car. I know misery loves company, but stop trying to drag others down with you. Now, lets bring up one other issue. Weren't you just on another forum a few months ago trying to diagnose problems with your 4L80E? I thought you guys all claimed they never fail? That's not adding a whole bunch of credibility to your arguement is it?

Frank
    Gail C. Cahall
    CAHALL PERFORMANCE TRANSMISSIONS

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Gail C. Cahall
    Vehicle

Good question, but considering I just built a 4L80E yesterday that wiped the pump and 3rd gear clutches out of it in less than 2 months (by another builder), I'd have to say it's pretty equal.

Frank
    Gail C. Cahall

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Gail C. Cahall
    Vehicle

LOL... 2 candidates that beat the 4L80E drum religiously. There's no way I'd get accurate results from either.

Frank
    Gail C. Cahall

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Gail C. Cahall
    Vehicle
    Last edited by CPT; 07-11-2014 at 11:10 AM.
    Gail C. Cahall

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Gail C. Cahall
    Vehicle

Attachment 29456

3 weeks ago. Anybody else want to claim I don't build 4L80Es?

Frank
    Gail C. Cahall

VIP Member

Status

I don't beat my drum, but I do like my 80. Although I am open minded. My offer still stands.

VIP Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by shownomercy View Post
    Feeling a good internet argument today, so leggoo

60e to 80e dyno

50whp loss right CPT?
    Actually, Jake had nothing to do with the dyno tests. A customer did his own tests and sent him the results after the fact.
    Last edited by Ryan Stout; 07-11-2014 at 11:36 AM.

Saying the 4L80E is heavier is like saying the real Eiffel tower is in Paris, it's a known fact it's heavier. Saying any one would be silly to put a 4L80E in over a 4L60E is a bit off. Look at the track record of the 4L80E, Ohio Boys went 7.9s, Dave Childress went 8.6s with one. A friend owns Dave's old car and that thing has taken some serious abuse, same with another friend who has one in his nitrous LS1 F-body. There's tons of other examples out there. On the other hand if you had an 11-13 second F-body, is one needed, probably not. Just a matter of choosing the right trans for the set up.
    93 T/A Hard Top l 398" l Dart Pro-1s + Single Plane l N2O Outlet Spray Bar l 24X SD Tuned l Street twin + M6 l 12 Bolt 3.90 l Fikses

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Neil350 For This Post:

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

I'm currently installing an 80e in my monte. I chose to go with it over any other overdrive transmission because of cost. With the trans, converter and hd2 shift kit I'm under $1k. When i looked into other option that could handle the same range hp as the 80e the price was $2500+. I can't justify that cost.
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    Mods: 9:1 383 LT1, Ported Trick Flow heads, D1SC Procharger, 4L80E, 3.50 9"
    Check out the M122 MCSS build thread here!

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    KYLE
    Vehicle
    95 MQBM Z28

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast