Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Default 93 vette problems

So my vette is driving me mad with some current problems.

First and probably the most frustrating is when I take a hard turn and give her some gas..or try to get sideways the car loses all power.. its like all fuel or spark is just gone and then suddenly it kicks back on and goes.

Some datalogs are showing my opti may be going bad, Could that be causing this? it runs ok otherwise.. Sometimes on a warm start it misses at idle then i rev it a few times and it recovers and idles fine even with the ac on.

second, sometimes theres a clunk from the rear end, then all the brake lights (atlest 3) come the DIC.. I know one is ASR and i cant recall the others because im always driving when it happens and cant pay attention.

and last, my brakes are dragging! once the car gets hot they drag.. you can tell because when I push the clutch in on a incline the car doesnt roll at all.. and if I slowly creep to a stoplight with the clutch in the last few feet you can feel the car drag and then "erk" to a stop.

The last one I figured is going to be attributed to a bad master cylinder or needing to bleed the brakes, I did notice on the master cylinder there is the main vacuum line that goes to the intake and then a much smaller tube below it that has a vacuum cap on it.. im not sure if thats supposed to go somewhere or what, but if anyone has any simple things i could check that would be great. I almost wonder if the second and third are connected in some way, like a issue with the ABS system?

I replaced my coil wire today with a extra I had sitting.. the one on the car was like 8.25k ohm, replaced with a .5 one.. Noticed when I was doing the job this odd fellow was here.. I dont have anything like this on my lt1 Fbody, could someone enlighten me? the black relay looking thing.

http://i.imgur.com/g3CAZbk.jpg

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

The hard turns thing sounds either fuel or loose wiring to me... not opti. Does it do it when u have a full tank.

LTXtech.com is my Drug...

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

As for the clunk. DOES it happen from a dead stop? I get a clunk under the car which we suspect is aged bushings. If its s metalic "clink" kinda clunk when putting it in gear... its the u joints on the half shafts.

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Are u sure the ebrake is not whats actually on...or sticking?

Yes the ebrake is working fine, I have jacked the car up and turned the wheels and they are ok, its usually after about 10 mins of driving it starts dragging. After looking behind the wheels a little more today I can see a odd wear on the front brakes so I believe they might actually be the problem, Yes the clunking is from a dead stop.. But whats weird is sometimes when it clunks both ABS, ASR and one other light all pop up for a second then go away.

This is a datalog and the crank position error code comes up a few times + some other weird events.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ocbq7zsqjo...3_19.30.16.csv

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Well.my c4 does not have the abs..etc... so idk if they wouldve come on...

But everytime i torque brake to launch at the track it thumps under the car... bushings all shot...and there is alot of movement.

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

As far as the brakes dragging, have you pulled and inspected the calipers for being stuck or the possibility of a collapsed brake hose?

Posted from my LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    JeremY
    Vehicle
    1972 NovA

Looking at your pic on a phone so it's hard to tell, but the little black box could be your tach filter. The F-body one was passenger side above the valve cover.
    '72 Nova "HadeSS"

Quote Originally Posted by JCZNova View Post
    Looking at your pic on a phone so it's hard to tell, but the little black box could be your tach filter. The F-body one was passenger side above the valve cover.
    ah ok, thank you that makes since.

I have since bleed the brakes, it was better then came back.. then went away again.. There was some water in one of the lines, the car must have sat for awhile.. I think it was condensation build up.

I found one of the clunks, It seems the differential is doing it.. maybe it needs a flush?

Im gona replace the opti, I am also going to datalog it with datamaster and see what that shows vs my current logging method.