Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro Z28

Default Wreaking havoc on those LS boys

I have a 97 Z that I put to sleep in 2006, finally got the funds to rebuild in 2012, got running late in 2013, and is 90% completed and seeing its first action the past couple of weeks. The first victim was my buddy from work and his cammed C5 Vette. We went from about a 40 or 50 roll and I was about 3 cars ahead when he missed 3rd. It felt amazing to be racing this thing again, much less be putting it on modded LS motors.

Before the next action, let me set it up with this. This is a video of my ACR Viper vs. a friend's 6.0 cammed, ported 243 heads GTO. All action happened on the vacant, late night streets of Mexico in a computerized simulation.

As you can see, the two were VERY evenly matched and he pulled very slightly (Viper 3.07 rear end). The two cars ran a handful more times and the GTO always pulled just a little. Hands were shaken, compliments were given, he went home happy. At the request of some friends, the Camaro made an appearance at the same meet tonight even though it's only about 90% finished. The same GTO has been talking crap about my decision to build a LT1 non-stop for the past week or two, so he got his shot.

As you can see, he jumped out, but was reeled in by this "red headed middle child" LTx that I'll "be lucky if it makes it down the track once." The next run was an even start and I walked him from the hit. I asked him if he was going to stop talking mess about LT1s now and he said no. LOL.

This was an all motor run as the spray is not hooked up. Not too bad for an old LTx running an opti, LT4 intake, and built for spray but running NA. And my Camaro is faster than my Viper.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    David
    Vehicle
    97 355 Green TA

First I'll say u need new gears in that Viper.
    Now, I'll congratulate you on kicking a** and taking names! I love seeing people have to eat their words. I'm not surprised he won't let his ego down even though he got whooped. Can't us check guys get along??

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2
    97 TA (Rebuilding):Stock bottom end 355, CAI, 52 TB, Ported intake and lt1 heads, 227/235 LE cam, Ultra-Pro-Mags 1.6RR's, Hooker LT's, single flowmaster, McLeod Clutch. Need a 9inch rear to handle the abuse

FLOGROWN

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MI6TA For This Post:

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by MI6TA View Post
    First I'll say u need new gears in that Viper.
    Now, I'll congratulate you on kicking a** and taking names! I love seeing people have to eat their words. I'm not surprised he won't let his ego down even though he got whooped. Can't us check guys get along??

Lots of guys put 3.55s in the Vipers and it really wakes them up in a straight line, but makes them a little trickier in the twisties. To me, that car being quick in a straight line is just a fun byproduct, but it's really meant to pull lateral Gs on a track. Plus I plan on getting it a set of twins at some point and with power adder it's much better to keep the stock ratio.

Thanks for the congrats. The guy in the goat is a friend, so it's all in fun. But you can definitely tell there was a little bit of butthurt that a LT1 put in work on him. LOL. Once the spray gets hooked up there will be a lot more feelings hurt.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    David
    Vehicle
    97 355 Green TA

Oh interesting info on the vipers. I remember seeing a Viper try to drift at a track and it just kept spinning out, either terrible steering angle or too much power is to blame lol. Twins will definitely make that thing gooo. Dame with the nos, always wakes up the competitors lol

97 TA (Rebuilding):Stock bottom end 355, CAI, 52 TB, Ported intake and lt1 heads, 227/235 LE cam, Ultra-Pro-Mags 1.6RR's, Hooker LT's, single flowmaster, McLeod Clutch. Need a 9inch rear to handle the abuse

FLOGROWN

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MI6TA For This Post: