Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Default Dick Harrell style spoiler

Well, I mounted my Dick Harrell spoiler to see out it would fit. I bought this from a sponsor here.

It is currently still in primer right at this moment, but did mounting this thing sucked!
    I had everything properly aligned, marked and what not and the everything was still off, ended up making the holes into bigger holes! My next complaint is the right fender spoiler that was now where near identical to the rest of the spoiler. I don't know if it was a bad mold or what but at the most 1/4" narrower in the front.

So, out of 10 stars I give this a 5 star rating due to the fact that the quality is "fair", '"difficult" to install, it "nicely" evens out the hood and the price was great!. Would I buy it/recommend? No in my opinion...

I am not here to bash a sponsor, but a little bit of quality control should be in place if you're going to sell it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Josh
    If my job doesn't kill me, my car will...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Firefighter Z For This Post:

VIP Member

Status

I have already voiced my opinion lightly about a sponsor here. Should I ask if it was the same?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Founding Member

Status
    Name
    Jay
    Vehicle
    93 Ultra Z

It does not look horrible in the pics. My LG 5" spoiler was a pain to mount too and it is far from perfect. My true SLP Ultra Z hood fits like crap and the waviness in the fiberglass is embarrassing. Most parts sellers don't manufacture their own stuff. That being said, the quality of my stuff made by the seller (lg and SLP) left a lot to be desired too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

I understand the frustration. Unfortunately when you're dealing with aftermarket fiberglass and composite pieces, nearly all of the time there are issues with fitment and finish, and in almost all cases extra work is necessary for proper fit and finish. Sometimes there is a more egregious difference between companies, but no one is perfect. FWIW

Posted from my LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    I understand the frustration. Unfortunately when you're dealing with aftermarket fiberglass and composite pieces, nearly all of the time there are issues with fitment and finish, and in almost all cases extra work is necessary for proper fit and finish. Sometimes there is a more egregious difference between companies, but no one is perfect. FWIW

Posted from my LG G2

Speaking from experience when I used to (it was a long time ago) work in a body shop... aftermarket fiberglass pieces from 95% of our vendors required ALOT of work to make them a "finished product" ready for paint and install. Those pieces that did not require that extra work, were already worked before shipping, and that extra work was reflected in the prices.

With that being said...its a good lookin spoiler, aggressive.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

The part where I said the right fender spoiler was short. It is either I add fiberglass to it or I sand the rest down to match. I did the best I could for fitment wise. I take more pictures when I return home from work.
    Other than that the rest of it is fine...
    -Josh
    If my job doesn't kill me, my car will...

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter Z View Post
    The part where I said the right fender spoiler was short. It is either I add fiberglass to it or I sand the rest down to match. I did the best I could for fitment wise. I take more pictures when I return home from work.
    Other than that the rest of it is fine...
    If u think its that bad...message the seller.

I do remember adding glass to hood edges and reshaping with a piece from a big name back then.

LTXtech.com is my Drug...

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..