Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Dave
    Vehicle
    1997 Z28

I just read this thread from #1 to now. Great build! As far as the ride it looks awesome the way it sits. Funny how when I got to post #40 it shows the pic in the snow - that's the one I voted for car of the month yesterday. Glad I did as now I know the story behind your car and all the hard work. I'm new to the forum so getting to read a lot.

I'd like to do similar suspension work to my car though looking at the standard SLP springs and shocks or going Strano then getting either 17's or 18's all around.

Your car looks good in blue. Too bad you put it away for the winter. I drove mine yesterday and today (it's sunny here in TX).

Thanks for the pics of the fuel pump access as that's something I'll eventually do to.

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

thanks for the kind words man and the photo vote, means a lot! i have actually had the chance to drive the car a bunch after that snow melted (we are having weird weather here in the north east) about a couple times a week up until the latest cold snap we just got. the car doesnt like to start in the cold temps which i believe has to do with not having any EGR equipment anymore. so unless we get anymore weird weather i think it will be done now which is proabaly good because i am planning on tearing the interior apart to fix all of the wiring gremlins courtesy of the PO and do an interior color swap (i have most of the panels to do this).

94 Z28 M6, 383 LT1, McLeod Twin Disk, MGW, SLP CAI, Pacesetter LTs w/ORY, E-cut out, Spintech 2OTL, Strano sways, BMR suspension, Viking coilovers, Solomon tuned
    96 Chevy K1500, 5.7L Vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, Volant CAI, Pacesetter LTs, Spintech 6000, b&m, 33s- DD

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Dave
    Vehicle
    1997 Z28

Sounds great.

Thankfully my used car was unmodified inside except for a Pioneer head unit and subsequent butcher of the front door speakers. One speaker was stock while the other was a Sony. I was easily able to replace all of that and rewire them the correct way (wires through the rubber line between chassis and door).

Happy driving!

1997 Z28 Z4C, M6 - CAI, MGW, 17" SS wheels, shorties/Stainless Works Y, Magnaflow, stock engine/tune.

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

small update...got my new drivers seat in the other day. it is the corbeau forza seat with f-body seat bracket w/dual locking sliders. i am not sure if i want to pull by back seats yet, so i figured i would wait to get a passenger seat to match. also have a sparco steering wheel on its way, just need to get the hub adapter for it. almost have all the interior stuff to swap over to ebony, still looking for door panels, a-pillar trim and a center console, so if anyone has any of those items let me know! hoping the weather warms up here soon so i can get started on the interior work i have planned...not so fun working when it is ~10 degrees out during the day. also decided to get my PCM retuned by solomon since i wasnt really happy with the tune from PCMforless. the car wouldnt start if it was under 35 degrees out and it was running really rich among other things so since i have heard very good reviews from people that have tunes from solomon i will give him a chance. i will eventually learn how to tune myself, but for now this will do.

here is the seat

94 Z28 M6, 383 LT1, McLeod Twin Disk, MGW, SLP CAI, Pacesetter LTs w/ORY, E-cut out, Spintech 2OTL, Strano sways, BMR suspension, Viking coilovers, Solomon tuned
    96 Chevy K1500, 5.7L Vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, Volant CAI, Pacesetter LTs, Spintech 6000, b&m, 33s- DD

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

started my interior swap over the weekend...going from gray to ebony. also planning on upgrading all the speakers and the head unit. also have to wire in the speakers into the hatch area since the car originally didnt have those. its funny the car has an ebony dash and a-pillars, black center console, and the reast of the plastics are light gray, so figured since i like the bony color better, i would swap it all out. also tried put my corbeau in, but they sent me the passenger side bracket by accident, should have the drivers bracket in on friday and will have to send the pass back (no cost to me). also have a f-body sub box (goes in t-top compartment) with a 10in Kicker CVR10 sub coming in this week, so have to get an amp and wires and get that installed as well. should be a busy next couple weeks getting the interior all buttoned up and finished.

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

just about finished the interior swap and got the sparco wheel installed. also, re-wired the speakers and wired up the speakers in the hatch trim panels as well. it is cool having 6 speakers in the car instead of the one that was working up until now lol. also put in a new pioneer head unit with aux so i can play music off my ipod or phone. i am having trouble getting the sub to work, going to go through the wiring as the amp seems to be in "protect mode" when on so not sure what could be causing that. i know the sub itself works cause i have it hooked up in my truck for now and it sounds awesome. also looking for a place to mount the amp out of sight from the outside of the car.

i picked up an AEM uego wideband guage and an AEM fuel/oil pressure guage with a pillar pod the other day as well. got the pod attached to a-pillar last night, going to get the fuel pressure guage hooked up this weekend and may try to bring the y-pipe somewhere to get the o2 bung welded in for the wideband so i can get that hooked up.

also need to figure out why the reverse lights arent working so i can get the car inspected and i can start driving it again if my road dries up (i live down a 2 mile dirt road that was a mud pit a few weeks ago from snow melt and is almost dried out)

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

welp, guess i should update this thread a bit. as many of you know, i aquired a turbo kit for my car over the weekend which kinda took me by surprise and is going to change a few thing about my plan for the car. i was planning on going with boost at somepoint, but with a d1sc procharger not a turbo. i also wasnt planning on aquiring anything for a year or two so i could get all the supporting parts together and installed.

so now that it has been sped up a bit, i am trying to get a new plan together. i am still going to go with an s60 rear with 4.10's and either a locker or limited slip diff. i will keeping it a manual, so will be going through the t56 and upgrading things as well as going with a new clutch/flywheel. the motor currently has a blower cam in it, so i will swap in a cam speced for the turbo, and probably have the heads worked a bit more. probably go to lloyd for both of those. the only other thing is the ignition system, i will have to do some research here as i would prefer to keep the opti over converting to 24x just from a cost standpoint, but most everyone with a boosted lt has 24x swapped. for me, the benefit would be tuning, since i cannot get my car dynotuned as noone in my area will touch my car so having the newer ls type ignition would open up lots more tuning capabilities locally.

if anyone wants to chime in on anything please do, this is all happening so suddenly lol but i am wicked excited for this and cant wait to get it all done.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hokeplaya05 For This Post:

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

teaser shot lol got all the turbo stuff in today, it kills me to not be able to put the kit on asap but i need to make sure the rest of the car/driveline is up to the task.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hokeplaya05 For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Orrrr... put it on amd let the additional power "SHOW U" what needs upgraded... lol

LTXtech.com is my Drug...

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

haha dont tempt me!

on a side note, my waterpump has decided it would start weeping all over my opti causing the car to run like it is misfiring when warmed up (been going on for a month now), so i am assuming a seal has started to go so i have a new acdelco water pump coming in today and i will get it swapped out this weekend. also, my headliner right above the drivers seat has decided to sag really bad so basically the headliner rests on my head while i drive which is really annoying. not sure if i should try to fix it or just look for a new one. anybody dealt with this before?

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast