Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

ok so got the brakelines installed and bled last night and everything else was done so i tried to start the car for the first time. needless to say i couldnt get it to start, it would crank and crank, then backfire through the intake and make a grinding noise when it backfires, which tells me that it is out of time, not really sure what the grinding noise it htough. i am going to check the plug wire routing tonight (which i am 95% sure it is right) to make double sure it is right and take a look at the starter while i am under there. but i am thinking that when i put the opti in, i might have put it in 180 degrees out. is there any way to check this without tearing apart the front of the motor?

94 Z28 M6, 383 LT1, McLeod Twin Disk, MGW, SLP CAI, Pacesetter LTs w/ORY, E-cut out, Spintech 2OTL, Strano sways, BMR suspension, Viking coilovers, Solomon tuned
    96 Chevy K1500, 5.7L Vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, Volant CAI, Pacesetter LTs, Spintech 6000, b&m, 33s- DD

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

started the car for the first time saturday! chased down the problem and found i had no spark, so i pulled the opti off and found some moisture and corrosion inside so i bought an MSD vented opti and a delco coil (had an MSD coil on it before that the PO put on) and put them in. hit the key and it fired right up! wouldnt stay running unless i held the gas (new TB idle stop hasnt been adjusted), but i was able to drive it out under its own power into the driveway. didnt have time to mess with it too much saturday, do going to mess with the idle screw and get the motor broken in tonight. i snapped some pictures, pardon the dust since this is the first time it has been out of the barn in 2 years and i havent gotten a chance to clean it or even put the hood on. going to lower it another half inch or so as well, enjoy!

94 Z28 M6, 383 LT1, McLeod Twin Disk, MGW, SLP CAI, Pacesetter LTs w/ORY, E-cut out, Spintech 2OTL, Strano sways, BMR suspension, Viking coilovers, Solomon tuned
    96 Chevy K1500, 5.7L Vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, Volant CAI, Pacesetter LTs, Spintech 6000, b&m, 33s- DD

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hokeplaya05 For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Looks good man, but don't trust that msd opti as far as you can throw it. I love that blue with the welds
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Looks great man.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

thanks guys! tubby- have you had issues with the MSD unit? i was depating whether to go with a delco unit or the MSD. i didnt hear anything bad about the MSD when i was comparing the two, plus my car didnt have any of the vent tubing and i saw that the MSD unit came with the tubing i needed. i got the idle figured out, i guess i forgot to plug the hole on the front of the intake under the TB and that is what was causing my idle problems. so now the car runs and idles perfectly, gonna break it in tonight when i get out of work

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by hokeplaya05 View Post
    thanks guys! tubby- have you had issues with the MSD unit? i was depating whether to go with a delco unit or the MSD. i didnt hear anything bad about the MSD when i was comparing the two, plus my car didnt have any of the vent tubing and i saw that the MSD unit came with the tubing i needed. i got the idle figured out, i guess i forgot to plug the hole on the front of the intake under the TB and that is what was causing my idle problems. so now the car runs and idles perfectly, gonna break it in tonight when i get out of work
    Yes, tons of issues, to the point that after 3 rebuilds on it in 4 months from them I sold it to someone for the cost of shipping and bought an unvented delco, no issues since from what the new owner said. Remember, stock unvented optis still went 100k before failing, my msd failed 3 times after 10 minutes of running.
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

thanks for the info, i will keep an eye on it

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

motor is all broken in, took it for a short drive up and down my road and all is good. going to get it to an alignment on friday, then it should be good to go!! so excited to drive this thing!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hokeplaya05 For This Post:

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

got the alignment friday and drove it all weekend. car runs good and handles like it is on rails. still have to do some minor adjusting to the coilovers to get the ride perfect and also lower it a bit more. it is really fun on the street, not really beating on it yet though. i am hoping to be able to drive it some more before it snows and i put it away for the winter, but so happy it is running and driving! snapped a picture while i was out cruising sat night, i plan on removing the pin stripe and the door moldings too
    Last edited by hokeplaya05; 11-17-2014 at 01:14 PM.

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

drove the car for the last time today and was racing the snow on my way home and lost, car is now stowed away in the barn for the winter, will be throwing the stock wheels/tires on for the winter storage. snapped a pic on my way home after it had started snowing

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast