Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

long overdue update... i have been working on the car a lot more lateley, trying to get it running and on the road by sept 1st because i am sick of looking at it in my barn and want to drive it lol. i have the exhaust bolted in for the final time (had to test fit and have the cutout welded into the catback) and put in the BMR adj rear lower control arms. i have pulled out the rear swaybar, shocks and springs and tonight will install the coilovers and new stainless braided barke lines and after changing the rear diff fluid, i can install the strano rear sway to match the front that is already installed and that will finish off the rear suspension. i have a new walbro 255 fuel pump and new fuel filter to install, going to do the fuel trap door mod for the pump and drain the 89 octane fuel that is in the tank now while i am at it since i need 93. that is all the big stuff that i need to get done along with some small wiring and stuff it should be good to start.

along with that stuff, i have also done some asthetic stuff as well. i installed the ss spoiler that i plasti dipped untill i can get the whole car painted and also got my new Weld RTS wheels in on monday. they are 18x10.5 with nitto nt-05 295/35/18s for all four corners. here are some pics of the wheels and spoiler.

hopefully more updates to come in the next week or so!

94 Z28 M6, 383 LT1, McLeod Twin Disk, MGW, SLP CAI, Pacesetter LTs w/ORY, E-cut out, Spintech 2OTL, Strano sways, BMR suspension, Viking coilovers, Solomon tuned
    96 Chevy K1500, 5.7L Vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, Volant CAI, Pacesetter LTs, Spintech 6000, b&m, 33s- DD

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Jonathan Englund
    Vehicle
    1994 z28/1994 formula

just a word of advise... your concrete blocks are laying sideways... there much stronger laying with the holes vertical instead of horizontal
    94' Z28 A4 black: turbo build in progress
    94' Formula A4 red: 355, 11.5:1cr, LE 231/239 cam, comp promags, lpp's, Yank stall, 3:42's, Solomon tune
    07' Impala A4: 180000 miles of stockness

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

Thanks for the advise! It was only temporary, but I will remember that for next time

94 Z28 M6, 383 LT1, McLeod Twin Disk, MGW, SLP CAI, Pacesetter LTs w/ORY, E-cut out, Spintech 2OTL, Strano sways, BMR suspension, Viking coilovers, Solomon tuned
    96 Chevy K1500, 5.7L Vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, Volant CAI, Pacesetter LTs, Spintech 6000, b&m, 33s- DD

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

so rear suspension is done! although in process of instalin the stainless braided lines, i bitched up the hardlines so now i need to replace those. did the trap door mod over the weekend and pulled out the sending unit to put the walbro 255 in. in process of putting it back together now, but need an adhesive that is gas resistant to seal the white bucket the pump sits in. anybody have any suggestions?? also the tank has less than 1/4 tank of 87 in it, so i am just going to put in 93 since i dont feel like siphoning that small amount of gas out. is that ok to do?? so once i figure out the adhesive thing, i can put it all back together and getting very close to start up!

here are some pics of the trap door mod:
    marked and cut initially as a rectangle, but found it really tough to get to the line connections, so i cut out the L-shape and that made it much easier to access the lines.

a little liquid courage lol

i will get some more pics of the progress tonight

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

trap door mod finished up. used an .025 sheet of aluminum and #10 sheet metal screws

working on small stuff now, wiring up the cutout, need to grease the ball joints and tierod ends, final torque all the new suspension parts with the suspension loaded, check and top off fluids, put some 93 octane in it and the brake lines. then it will be fire up time!

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

very nice... first person that realized a trap door would save so much time was a genius!

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

you can say that again! lol was a lot easier than i expected, worst thing was finding glue for the white fuel pump bucket thing that was gas resistant. was also a bit nerveracking using the cut off wheel over the tank with sparks flying, but no explosions to report!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hokeplaya05 For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Ernie
    Vehicle
    97 Mullet

The Car is looking good. I had the same feeling when cutting above the fuel tank. Had my friend stand by with a fire extinguisher.

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

thanks man! looks like i will be doing the brakelines myself, gonna order the lines tonight and get them bent up, then bring them to a local shop to have them flared and instal the fittings. will be the last major thing to do

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

ended up bending up my own brake lines, bought some stainless coiled line and bent it up myself last night, then brought it to my mechanic today to do the double flare since i dont have the tool to do it myself. installed the lines tonight and went to bleed the brakes and snapped the bleeder valve, so now i will have to fix that tomorrow and get the brakes bled and then it is start time!

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast