Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Never understood the fuel heating issues folks have, maybe I am just lucky? I have a magnafuel 4301, ~2gpm and have not suffered from fuel heating. 8an lines, stock tank and a 10mic filter.

With that being said, its loud and it cycles a TON of fuel for no real need when part throttle aka 95% of the time.

A big single route I would recommend a modern brushless pump that you can PWM it based on TPS/MAP. That would get you the quiet and less fuel cycling of a small single pump with the overhead to go big. But this will be pricey.

Twin 340lphs in tank will be quiet and if you go bigger on injector will support a lot of power. The 255/340 pumps all suffer quite a lot when you ask them to push a lot of pressure, so you can't bandaid small injectors with pressure.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shownomercy For This Post:

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

I run a Bosch high pressure 208 LPH pump in the stock in-tank sender. Then there's a 10AN connector welded to the back of the stock tank at the low point. That feeds a second high pressure 208 LPH pump, mounted outboard. In my case the second pump only turns on when the nitrous system is armed. The two (braided SS) 6AN pump discharge lines join in an NOS Y fitting, and go forward in a 6AN line. You would use a check valve in the outboard pump discharge line, to prevent the primary pump flow from circling back through the outboard pump when the outboard pump is not running. That way you don't rely on the outboard pump's internal check valve (if it has one) to prevent recycling.

Your approach of tying the second pump to boost make sense.

Just a thought.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

so it sounds like the duals is probably the best bet for my setup. i would like to stick with 255's since i already have one from the NA 383 setup. but that is why i was thinking that i have to either buy another 255 or just buy a big single and then i can use the 255 i have for another project was what i was thinking

94 Z28 M6, 383 LT1, McLeod Twin Disk, MGW, SLP CAI, Pacesetter LTs w/ORY, E-cut out, Spintech 2OTL, Strano sways, BMR suspension, Viking coilovers, Solomon tuned
    96 Chevy K1500, 5.7L Vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, Volant CAI, Pacesetter LTs, Spintech 6000, b&m, 33s- DD

Another option, the hellcat fuel pump
    https://walbrofuelpumps.com/walbro-f...ve-tcd470.html

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

I'm running a goofy temporary setup with 2x 255's inline (regular one in the bucket, gsl392 by the fuel filter) running constantly. I think the bulk of my fuel problem was coming from running it into the stock feed which definitely generated a lot of heat and a temp increase without enough fuel in the tank. I plumbed a B&M supercooler into the return line and haven't had issues with it... not yet at least.

I would just go with duals and upgrade the lines while you're at it. I have twin 340's from Racetronix along with E85 compatible lines I plan on running once I ditch the stock pcm.
    96Z M6, ERE-383 #60, AFR 210s, LE cam, 9", Procharger D1, ???whp
    95 Roadmaster T-56 swap, LE1s, baby cam, 4.56s, "The Cammaster"
    95 Firehawk hooptie, bolt-ons and suspension

More fancy thoughts, run dual 255s, with 6an individual feeds to each rail, then tie the rails together at regulator. Max efficiency.

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

the hellcat pump was the one i had in mind actually, i thought it was 450 though so 525 is even better. looking to stick with the factory lines, they should support what my goals are with this car

94 Z28 M6, 383 LT1, McLeod Twin Disk, MGW, SLP CAI, Pacesetter LTs w/ORY, E-cut out, Spintech 2OTL, Strano sways, BMR suspension, Viking coilovers, Solomon tuned
    96 Chevy K1500, 5.7L Vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, Volant CAI, Pacesetter LTs, Spintech 6000, b&m, 33s- DD

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223