Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Frank AKA Biggriff
    Vehicle
    1994 Z28 6 speed

lookin good

Gettin faster

http://www.fquick.com/biggriff
    hrfbody.org

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

thanks!

got a set of canton VC's on monday, so i will be putting them on this weekend and attempt to start hooking the engine harness back up and who knows maybe get crazy and get the exhaust installed as well.

man i need some motivation to finish this thing up lol

94 Z28 M6, 383 LT1, McLeod Twin Disk, MGW, SLP CAI, Pacesetter LTs w/ORY, E-cut out, Spintech 2OTL, Strano sways, BMR suspension, Viking coilovers, Solomon tuned
    96 Chevy K1500, 5.7L Vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, Volant CAI, Pacesetter LTs, Spintech 6000, b&m, 33s- DD

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

spent all day saturday working on the car, i cleaned up, removed A/C wires/connectors, re-loomed and reinstalled the engine harness. also got the cantons installed along with the alt and belt. i will be getting fluids tomorrow, and also some caps to cap off most of the water pump since i removed the unused hoses that went to a/c and the oil cooler. so providing that i can get all the caps i need, i can fill the block with coolant and top off the oil. i still need to bleed the clutch and brakes and install the exhaust, and i also have a set of stainless brake lines coming along with a 160 degree t-stat and a ls1 driveshaft i got off a member here. so hopefully in the next two weeks i will be able to start it!

here are some pics i took this weekend

and one more thing, my steering shaft is about an inch to short on the steering shaft....i think it is because of the BMR k-member. anyone have this issue after installing a BMR k-memeber and how to fix this? i sent BMR an email and havent heard anything back yet.
    Last edited by hokeplaya05; 04-21-2014 at 02:52 PM.

94 Z28 M6, 383 LT1, McLeod Twin Disk, MGW, SLP CAI, Pacesetter LTs w/ORY, E-cut out, Spintech 2OTL, Strano sways, BMR suspension, Viking coilovers, Solomon tuned
    96 Chevy K1500, 5.7L Vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, Volant CAI, Pacesetter LTs, Spintech 6000, b&m, 33s- DD

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

got my stainless brake hoses and thermostat in yesterday and the ls1 driveshaft in today, so friday i will be installing those and install the exhaust and bleed the clutch and breaks. havent gotten fluids yet, maybe tomorrow

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    JeremY
    Vehicle
    1972 NovA

Nice progress man. Don't know anyone who has had the K-member issue
    '72 Nova "HadeSS"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JCzNova For This Post:

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

thanks man! yea BMR says it happens a couple times a year to 4th gen cars and they usually have people send the steering shaft to them and they lengthen it for them no charge, so i will look at it tomorrow and if cant get it to work, i will send it to them to fix. kinda sucks though since i cant really move the car around much since i cant steer it...

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

got my steering shaft installed finally, never heard back from BMR so i decided to order the rag joint eliminator kit from unbalanced engineering and that seemed to do the trick, guess it was a combo of the k-member and a sloppy rag joint

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

got my PCM back from PCM for less, needed to get it tuned and figured i could go that route for now until i can throw it on a dyno for a tune, or possibly tune it myself, havent decided yet. working on the car when i have time....getting closer!

LTX Master

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 z28 2005 gxp

i would tune it yourself. just start reading up on it, make small changes and log. takes time but nice to be able to make changes later if you need to.
    just get a wideband o2.

let me know how the stainless lines do, i'm going to replace mine since they have been dry for a few years and was thinking about upgrading.

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

yea, i am kinda leaning toward doing it myself. i just installed new o2 sensors on it, but i highly doubt they are wideband, will have to look into it. definately will have to do a lot of research on the self tuning, since i have no experience with tuning at all, but it would be cool to get good at it. but for the time being, the PCM for less tune shoud suffice

i got the russell kit and have only looked at it, but im not sure the kit will work. gotta figure that out, hopefully tonight

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast