Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Cathead View Post
    Damn...you really did good. Summit's never brought anything in the house for me!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    haha yeah, they unboxed them for me and everything!

94 Z28 M6, 383 LT1, McLeod Twin Disk, MGW, SLP CAI, Pacesetter LTs w/ORY, E-cut out, Spintech 2OTL, Strano sways, BMR suspension, Viking coilovers, Solomon tuned
    96 Chevy K1500, 5.7L Vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, Volant CAI, Pacesetter LTs, Spintech 6000, b&m, 33s- DD

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

got the 6al box installed over the weekend and it is wired up to a toggle switch in my center console. really fun to mess with driving around, and it shoots flames which is awesome

I am having an issue with it though, seems no matter what I set the 2 step function to, it only goes to 3k (currently set at 5k). I've double checked all the wiring and cant find anything. I am using the MSD jumper harness for the coil as well. if anyone has an idea of what could be the issue let me know

94 Z28 M6, 383 LT1, McLeod Twin Disk, MGW, SLP CAI, Pacesetter LTs w/ORY, E-cut out, Spintech 2OTL, Strano sways, BMR suspension, Viking coilovers, Solomon tuned
    96 Chevy K1500, 5.7L Vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, Volant CAI, Pacesetter LTs, Spintech 6000, b&m, 33s- DD

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hokeplaya05 For This Post:

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

update on the 6al-2 box situation, not sure how or why but the 2-step function works fine now, flip the switch to the on position and it activates and cuts ignition at the RPM I have it set at. not sure what changed, maybe an MSD wizard broke into my garage while I was on vacation last week and fixed it

got the adjustable torque arm install finished last night. thing was really fighting me, stripped bolts, then it was making contact with the trans tunnel when I was driving. so I made some adjustments and it seems to be good now. took me 3 afternoons to finally get it right. drove the car to work this morning and so far the car feels smoother now that I can dial the pinion angle more precisely, less vibration at speed. one thing I don't like is it hangs down quite a bit, I know my car is lower than most fbodies, so we shall see how it holds up.
    20180710_193011.jpg

aaaaaaaand more pictures of the car I took the other day, cause why not
    20180706_201636.jpg
    20180706_201654.jpg

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

so for those that don't know, had my twin disk fail and leave me stranded a couple months ago, the center spline on the rear disk stripped out and i couldn't get the car into any gears. got it flat-bedded home, pulled the clutch and sent it back to McLeod where they rebuilt the clutch for free. finally got the car back together with the new clutch yesterday and got to drive it around a bunch today. while i had everything apart, i also decided to get a new shifter since my hurst was old and kinda sloppy, plus i lost one of the stop screws. have head a ton of good things about the MGW short shifter so i picked one up and man it is an awesome shifter. very tight and smooth, haven't really been able to rip on it since i need to break in the clutch but love it so far. another thing i did while the car was down was remove the side molding as well as the pin stripe. looks way cleaner and i wish i had done it a while ago.

snapped some pics while i was out cruising today getting break in miles on the clutch
    IMG_20180930_125744_721.jpg
    IMG_20180930_125744_722.jpg

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hokeplaya05 For This Post:

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

as of two weeks ago, roads are finally too salted to drive my car anymore so it is put up for the winter.

So the time has come to finally boost this mofo. its been killing me to see fastbird's old turbo kit sitting in boxes and now that I have my own place with a garage that has room for me to work on my car I have begun the process of removing all the N/A stuff to make way for some boost. last weekend I got the full exhaust removed and pulled the rad and front bumper. looking to get the hotside mocked up tonight after work to see what I am working with and make a game plan as to what I want to do as far as the radiator is concerned. my plan as of now is to stand the stock rad up and keep the stock puller fans if possible. i know I will have to cut up the rad support a bit for this but it is kind of bitched up anyways from the PO pulling the motor through the top carelessly. I also need to figure out what i want to do for fuel, thinking home made dual 255's (already have one in the tank now with a trap door mod so should be easy) and 80lb injectors. if anyone has any suggestions on that let me know as well as the rad situation.

at the same time as all this I also have ls1 front and rear brake kits that I want to install as well as possibly modding the knuckles for a bit more angle for drifty things. I also want to look into fabbing up a dual caliper setup using the old stock lt1 rear brakes so I can put a hydro handbrake in the car. that is last on the list but would be super cool if I could pull it off. only other thing is I will be ordering the "hawks sinister rear wide body fenders" here in the next couple weeks and maybe a wrap or plasti dip job to get the car all one color until i can afford a real nice respray the factory MQB.

I will keep this updated with pics and such as I go along, feel free to critique or suggest anything that I may want to do, mainly looking for fuel system suggestions.

last time she will see daylight until shes boosted
    IMG_20190101_104127_398.jpg

Start saving for a tune, a trans, and a rear end.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

I hear ya, I'll be saving for the torquehead kit for next winter then get a real dyno tune with the ls computer for 2020. gonna talk to moe about a mail order tune and see what he says, not planning on running more then 8lbs this year so hoping the t56 will be okay and I'll just find another 10 bolt if this one blows up until I can pony up for an s60. this isn't my daily so if something happens, the car can stay down as long as I need it but I think everything will stay together if I don't launch it. I also think the 3.42's are helping me keep this 10 bolt together and that is a decent gear for boost too

Quote Originally Posted by hokeplaya05 View Post
    I hear ya, I'll be saving for the torquehead kit for next winter then get a real dyno tune with the ls computer for 2020. gonna talk to moe about a mail order tune and see what he says, not planning on running more then 8lbs this year so hoping the t56 will be okay and I'll just find another 10 bolt if this one blows up until I can pony up for an s60. this isn't my daily so if something happens, the car can stay down as long as I need it but I think everything will stay together if I don't launch it. I also think the 3.42's are helping me keep this 10 bolt together and that is a decent gear for boost too
    You are going to tune it twice? Once on LTX and another on LSX PCM? IMO, do it once. May take longer but its money wasted tuning an LTX pcm.

Another IMO tidbit, if you do decide on a S60, get it with 3.54s not 3.73s.

(my ten bolt lasted 4-5 sooooft launches before peg legging so be careful)
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by shownomercy View Post
    You are going to tune it twice? Once on LTX and another on LSX PCM? IMO, do it once. May take longer but its money wasted tuning an LTX pcm.

Another IMO tidbit, if you do decide on a S60, get it with 3.54s not 3.73s.

(my ten bolt lasted 4-5 sooooft launches before peg legging so be careful)
    yeah i guess that's my plan for now lol I just don't want to drop 1500 on the torque head kit right now and i think a mail order tune will suffice for my goals for this year. i was also thinking i may try my hand at tuning after getting a base tune from moe or even try tuning it myself off the bat before converting over to the ls stuff since it is cheap to get the software to tune the obd1 stuff and i already have the cable. also, depending on what i get for tax returns i may be able to splurge on the torqhead at that time, right now i have other stuff i need that money going towards

that was my plan, get as close to a 3.42 as i can get with the s60, so 3.54 would be perfect (i hadn't looked into gearing options yet). I'm surprised my 10 bolt has lasted this long because i have not been easy on it too this point with the 295 nt05s

appreciate the input!

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Nicholas Karamitsos
    Vehicle
    1996 camaro Z/28

I currently have a complete D1SC kit for sale. The kit itself is amazing, only reason for selling is going a different route. Had it on my car for about a year and a half now.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast