Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

okay cool, so i will stick with the tr6's for now, not trying to go over 10lbs (going to target 6-8) until i can get a forged crank in this thing.

which reminds me- @Fastbird do you happen to remember what pound spring(s) are in the waste gate? i would guess its a 10lb or there abouts as i think you were running 14lbs with a boost controller IIRC which would mean i would need a softer spring

any idea on injectors? i am not having much luck finding a source for 80lb-ers

94 Z28 M6, 383 LT1, McLeod Twin Disk, MGW, SLP CAI, Pacesetter LTs w/ORY, E-cut out, Spintech 2OTL, Strano sways, BMR suspension, Viking coilovers, Solomon tuned
    96 Chevy K1500, 5.7L Vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, Volant CAI, Pacesetter LTs, Spintech 6000, b&m, 33s- DD

https://www.efisource.com/wp/shop/si...ctor-set-of-8/

Enjoy getting the wastegate spring changed.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

thanks, i was looking for lt specific injectors but those look similar to the ls style

is it really that bad? i haven't really looked at the wastegate to see how it comes apart

94 Z28 M6, 383 LT1, McLeod Twin Disk, MGW, SLP CAI, Pacesetter LTs w/ORY, E-cut out, Spintech 2OTL, Strano sways, BMR suspension, Viking coilovers, Solomon tuned
    96 Chevy K1500, 5.7L Vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, Volant CAI, Pacesetter LTs, Spintech 6000, b&m, 33s- DD

Quote Originally Posted by hokeplaya05 View Post
    thanks, i was looking for lt specific injectors but those look similar to the ls style

is it really that bad? i haven't really looked at the wastegate to see how it comes apart
    Are you not running 24x or similar?

And the wastegate is just a fun combo of big ass spring, and big ass retaining ring. Really need two people and or a vice.

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Oh man, I don't remember which spring is in it. I think it might have been the 7lb spring because with I seem to recall everything working correctly I was only getting to about double spring pressure and was mystified as to why I couldn't get it farther than that with the controller.........7-8lb spring makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by shownomercy View Post
    Are you not running 24x or similar?

And the wastegate is just a fun combo of big ass spring, and big ass retaining ring. Really need two people and or a vice.
    no 24x to start, thinking i can run it on stock computer with a tune from moe on low boost and when i want to turn up the wick, switch over to a 24x setup most likely the torquehead kit. i do have a nice 6" vice in my garage so that shouldn't be an issue but looks like it has the perfect spring in it so i won't have to take it apart.....yet

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    Oh man, I don't remember which spring is in it. I think it might have been the 7lb spring because with I seem to recall everything working correctly I was only getting to about double spring pressure and was mystified as to why I couldn't get it farther than that with the controller.........7-8lb spring makes sense.
    that would be perfect, not looking to go over 8lbs so i can work out any kinks, so looks like i will install it as is and see where it lands

i'm on vacation next week so hopefully make a big dent in this project, would love to have it up and running before we get snow here in the north east, still have a lot to do and stuff to buy

Just cause you have a 15lb spring in, does not mean you will see 15psi every time you drive it. Thats the nice advantage turbo's have.

Drive it normal and you won't see a single 1psi of boost.

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

so been working on the car when i have time the last several weeks, phone was broken for a couple weeks and had to get a new one so lost some in progress pictures unfortunately. ordered the 80 pounders the other day and they should be in tomorrow so i will be swapping them in and installing the adjustable FPR at the same time. did the fuel line relocation mod and welded in the hole in the fender and welded in some other random holes that were there as well. intercooler final mounted, cleaned up painted the upper mount and reworked the lowers to fit. cold side pipes are fitted with the MAF as well. started running the ABS delete kit, should be able to use all stock lines will just have to do some cutting bending and re-flaring to fit. need to order some fittings and should be able to finish that. here are some pics of where i'm at

20190919_190815.jpg
    20190919_190529.jpg
    20190919_190846.jpg
    20190919_190859.jpg

i also wrapped and installed the manifolds, put new tr6 plugs in and ran the wires while the k member is still out, once i get the fuel rail done and reinstalled i will install the k member (helps to be able to lower the motor with the k member out for fuel rail access) and start putting the front suspension back together. more to come

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

got some more done over the weekend on the car, installed the 80 pounders and AFPR on the fuel rail and rigged up a fuel pressure gauge, took a couple trips back and forth to my local advanced auto to get the right fittings but hopefully it will work. also was able to officially finish the fuel line relo with the fuel rail re-installed.
    20190921_135633.jpg
    20190921_135713.jpg
    20190921_135726.jpg
    20190921_143438.jpg
    20190921_145223.jpg

also got the k member back up in the car and the motor bolted back up to it. also throwing some pics in of the wrapped manifolds that i didn't show before
    20190922_141222.jpg
    20190922_141242.jpg
    20190922_141251.jpg

next up is to finish wrapping the hotside and get that installed for the final time, get the spindles/suspension re-installed with the ls1 front brake setup and figure out the dual in tank 255 setup (need to do some more research on this) then it will need a tune and should be good to go!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hokeplaya05 For This Post:

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Kinda cool seeing my old turbo kit coming back to life. You're gonna love how that BOV sounds.....just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast