Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Default no heat, fans arent working, and over heating

Ok I'm new to lt1s and fbody camaros. I've replaced the pump, thermostat, hoses, checked the heater core for leaks and had the radiator cleaned... Still no fans working at all and still no heat inside... Who's a the Stephen hawking of fbodys and lt1 and could help I'm so lost it's not even funny

InActive Member

Status

Glad you made it over from Facebook. I'm te guy who posted te link here. You should put an intro thread with pics. Also maybe someone can move this to the appropriate thread
    96 Trans Am LT1 A4......2 broken rods
    94 Camaro Z28 LT1 M6 LTs & Y, 3" SLP DOTL catback, custom CAI, and LT4 crane 1.6 RR..Best time 13.65@ 103 2.11 60ft(still on autocross setup)

@popo8
    Or another moderator maybe move this to the tech section maybe get him an answer better than in here

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Op ...Ugod has a point. Would u like this thread moved to the tech section?

LTXtech.com is my drug.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

I'm also looking for local help maybe someone in the area by chance has had the same problem as me and could show me Wtf cause forums and reading and reading and reading aren't telling me anything when none of it works

InActive Member

Status

If you have no heat I'm leaning to low coolant.
    96 Trans Am LT1 A4......2 broken rods
    94 Camaro Z28 LT1 M6 LTs & Y, 3" SLP DOTL catback, custom CAI, and LT4 crane 1.6 RR..Best time 13.65@ 103 2.11 60ft(still on autocross setup)

VIP Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1996 Trans Am

I'm thinking you mean heat inside the vehicle.

One thing you can try, Behind the passenger head you will see two coolant lines that lead into the heater core. Remove both lines from the heater core CAREFULLY!

Get 4' of tubing and run it into the top nozzle. Turn on the water hose at a low flow rate and push the tube inside the water hose end, creating a seal with your hand. Don't turn it on full blast, as you'll pop a weld in the heater core. Water should circulate through the hose that is connected to the top nozzle then out the bottom nozzle. You may not be able to make a perfect seal with your hand, as long as there is pressure moving through the heater core you will be fine.

If water doesn't circulate through the heater core and you can't seal it with your hand, then you have a clogged heater core and it will need to be replaced.

Replacing the heater core isn't hard or expensive. Took me under 20 minutes to replace

If it the engine that is overheating you likely have two scenarios.

1. Missing waterpump driveshaft (they exist)

2. Air in your coolant system.

Lets start with air, prop the front of your car up on jackstands/ramp. Loosen the two coolant bleeder valves:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/atta...m-bleeders.jpg
    (Thank you shoebox!)

Turn on the vehicle. Once the thermostat opens up you should see steam/air escaping. Close the valves one at a time once coolant starts leaking out. I assume that your radiator and coolant overflow are full. Normally when you fill the LT1 up with coolant you should open the valves as you fill your radiator with water.

If this has been done and your are still running high temps it may be the waterpump driveshaft. Laugh all you want but the LT1 does have one. One symptom of this is that the car starts off at low temp, and gradually builds up to until it hits the red (where you should shut it off at). If this is the case, when you replaced the waterpump, you didn't remove the driveshaft off the old waterpump. Ask me how I know this

Here is what the little bugger looks like:
    http://i.ebayimg.com/t/LT1GM-1012833...kjg~~60_32.JPG

Unfortunately for this to be verified, you have to remote the waterpump to physically look.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by nateleduc; 01-02-2014 at 01:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowNoMercy
    Semi-stock and boosted, do not ever belong in the same sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZNova View Post
    I spent more than $10 on condoms in the last year...... AND I HAD A VASECTOMY !
    96 Trans AM: Longtube w/ emissions, 2.5 true dual exhaust, CAI, OBD1 conversion, Completely removed TB bypass, Built t56, AIR delete.