Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lost to an Ls1

Xtreme Member

Status

Default lost to an Ls1

yup i sure did about 20 min ago!
    not happy at all!not sure of his mods,don't really care at this point he got me by 4-5 lengths yes it is cold out, yes i spun but who really cares,it is now time to crack the seal on this Lt1 and choose THE CAM,my heads are almost done(they are hella sweet)here is the problem i DO NOT want a hard loping cam or an overly choppy cam so i have almost set myself on a very OLD cam profile that had proved itself back in the day and that is the LPE 211/219 i know what to expect from it. if anyone knows of a cam that fits the profile of what i am looking for that will make more power than the 211/219 quietly post up,enlighten me! oh and since i have finally gotten pissed enough to open my virgin Lt1 i will from now on be on DR's or my ET streets and will be all BOTTLED UP!then i will get the s60............damn workin on my daily driver,i guess my 95 will not be running for another couple of months..thanks for listening..end rant

last alternative is to get an Ls drivetrain!
    Last edited by 96lt1m6; 12-21-2008 at 12:47 AM.

Post Whore Moderator

Status

Cold night...... LS1 with lid.... makes good power when sucking cold air..... I could see this happening lol.

~Shane
    94 Z M6 304hp/336tq
    12.61 @ 109.7

Xtreme Member

Status

yeah,i was pretty ticked lastnight! however i meant what i said though.. time for some major mods! i know there will always be one faster but it is time to even up the odds.

You are really going to limit your power output by sticking with a mellow-idling camshaft. Why are you insistent on this? Once ANY camshaft is above 1500rpm, they smooth out like a stock cam. You could put the nastiest camshaft into a car and rev it to 2000rpm, and onlookers would have no idea what is in there. That cam is a waste considering you are getting some work done to your heads. That cam works very well on stock heads, not sure on modded ones. You won't be taking advantage of the headwork your are having done. All that LS1 guy will have to do is throw in a T-rex cam or something similar, and you will see his taillights again.

FWIW I run a very big cam. 242/248 .584/.579 on a 114. We have the idle set to around 900-950rpm, and it isn't any lopier than my old 503 was at 650rpm. It does make a little bit more power though
    '94 coupe, 10.15 at 133.65 414" LT1, 4500 stall, n/a, pump gas, mufflers, street trim
    '15 Z/28, Red Hot, AC, Autocross beast

Xtreme Member

Status

i know what you mean,i just wanted a stock sounding cam just for braggin rights...i ran the 211/219 and LPE cnc heads back in 93 and the results were GREAT 12.30 on a speed density,A4 w/2600 stall stock 3.23s,shortie headers LPE chip. stock it ran 13.8 and it sounded stock.
    believe me i am very close to the 230/236 comp,plus i will be getting a new NX system soon,wish i had not sold the last kit!

Quote Originally Posted by 96lt1m6 View Post
    i know what you mean,i just wanted a stock sounding cam just for braggin rights...i ran the 211/219 and LPE cnc heads back in 93 and the results were GREAT 12.30 on a speed density,A4 w/2600 stall stock 3.23s,shortie headers LPE chip. stock it ran 13.8 and it sounded stock.
    believe me i am very close to the 230/236 comp,plus i will be getting a new NX system soon,wish i had not sold the last kit!
    You ran a 12.30 with heads, a cam, bolt-ons, and a stall. A bigger cam would put you into the 11's easy. My brother runs the Comp 501 which is puny. It's numbers are 212/218 .488"/.495". It still has a little lope to it, so it really doesn't fool anyone into thinking it's a stock cammed car. Might as well put a real cam in it, since people are going to know it's cammed anyway.
    '94 coupe, 10.15 at 133.65 414" LT1, 4500 stall, n/a, pump gas, mufflers, street trim
    '15 Z/28, Red Hot, AC, Autocross beast

13 Second Club

Status

Don't beat your self up to bad, just get some more goodies and go hunting

Post Whore Moderator

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BluBeaSSt View Post
    Don't beat your self up to bad, just get some more goodies and go hunting

Ted was wanting to throw down with you last night. But I told him if he still has the WS-6 in a year, to let me know because the SS might be on the road by then

~Shane
    94 Z M6 304hp/336tq
    12.61 @ 109.7

13 Second Club

Status

Quote Originally Posted by YZF View Post
    Ted was wanting to throw down with you last night. But I told him if he still has the WS-6 in a year, to let me know because the SS might be on the road by then
    Even if the SS was back togeather....have you seen the calender? 404 no spring/summer found

Post Whore Moderator

Status

Together*
    Calendar*
    Pussy*

~Shane
    94 Z M6 304hp/336tq
    12.61 @ 109.7

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast