Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Dave Gilliland
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Ugod02010 View Post
    This car is gonna be ridiculous. Man I can't believe the work u have done. I would be afraid to drive the car! Looking good man. I'm subscribed can't wait to see the finished product.
    R u going with chrome wheels or white?
    As always thanks! Of course White! These are OE Concepts deep dish 17" ZR1's that came as black. Powdercoating you can't get an exact color match, so I had them custom painted Artic White from front to rear (not just overspray on backside) to match the car. I had some custom orange bowties made for smooth center caps. Clearcoated and look great with polished lip, and gonna use McGuard Black acorn lug nuts. Weights are on the back side so not seen and not seen inside of the wheels. 17 X 9.5 fronts with Nitto 555s 275 40's and 17 X 11 rears with Nitto 555s 315 35's. These white wheels are gonna look great with the new orange calipers and stainless brake lines inside of them on the zinc chromate drilled slotted rotors I also have hehe.

1997 30th Anniversary (Z4C) Z28 T-Top Stock engine, LT4 Damper, 52mm Holley TB, K&N CAI, 160 T-stat, Pacesetter LT Headers w/h true duals (cats deleted) to CME, LT4 KM, A4 w/h Stall Converter & shift kit, Moser 12 bolt w/h 3.73s, FTB, LCA's, PHR, TA, Poly bushings/mounts, Eibach Sportlines with SLP Bilsteins

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 97Z4CZ28 For This Post:

That's such a good idea I have the whole wheel done. I was looking at the back side of my wagon wheels it looks terrible. Not sure what I'm gonna do about it tho since there aluminum and I don't think I'm gonna paint them. I actually may try and trade them for something else. I like tem but I want chrome! Chrome goes so good with white!!

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Dave Gilliland
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro Z28

Default My Recent Progress...

Well not much farther than I was but a Lot of progress still! As we all deal with, work, Wife, family, kids & grandkids, and the never ending Honey-do list. Any ways I have been sanding on the very rear of the underside of the car and have the bulk of the sanding done. Still have part of the frame rails/sheetmetal on both sides of the frame rails. The sheetmetal area where the fuel tank neck extends to the fuel door. The pass. side spring pocket needs finished. And where the fender well sheetmetal meets underbody sheetmetal has to be done. So not a lot BUT the hardest part to be done still. The fender wells where undercoating was applied by factory, unless it is evident that there was rust I am just sanding down to smooth out and will apply paint on top of it. So here are a few pics thus far. Next pics I post will be once I have completed sanding and have primered/painted. So close to finally putting her back together I can't stand it!

As you can see where I left off. Fuel pump access door hole can be seen. I am going to cut it off and cut a piece of sheetmetal larger than the hole and use small sheetmetal screws to reattach it. Some don't like a fuel pump access door but what I went through trying to get it out without removing the rearend...well lets say that ain't happening again unless necessary lol! That's how this underbody resto began...once it was out my OCD kicked in lmao.
    [/URL]

Drivers side seen here. Access area with fuel filler door seen through it. This area had a lot of surface rust (as can be seen still as I am not finished with this area yet), still can see some original paint in this area. As well as a few nooks and cranny's that need sanded, not just here but throughout.

Trunk area

Pass. Side

Rear end. I have learned in doing all of this that they, the factory used very generous amounts of sealant as can be seen, not only inside but outside of the car.

Drivers Side spring pocket (at least what I call it). Just a few places need touched up. Pass side not finished yet. Did I mention these are a pain in the A$$ to do!

Drivers Side frame rail area (below)...another major pain!

Pass Side Frame rail
    Last edited by 97Z4CZ28; 11-26-2013 at 09:35 AM.
    1997 30th Anniversary (Z4C) Z28 T-Top Stock engine, LT4 Damper, 52mm Holley TB, K&N CAI, 160 T-stat, Pacesetter LT Headers w/h true duals (cats deleted) to CME, LT4 KM, A4 w/h Stall Converter & shift kit, Moser 12 bolt w/h 3.73s, FTB, LCA's, PHR, TA, Poly bushings/mounts, Eibach Sportlines with SLP Bilsteins

In think OCD is an understatement!! My god u have to have so much time sanding that entire underbody down to bear metal like that!
    It's coming along really well tho.
    I'm just wondering if you are spraying the underbody how are you gonna be able to get the gun into some of those places to repaint?
    Last edited by Ugod02010; 11-22-2013 at 07:07 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ugod02010 For This Post:

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1997 camaro

I did the trap door thing on my camaro too. Best to just go to a hardware store and buy a nice piece of sheet metal like this, got mine for like 8 bucks.

then cut it to size and pop riveted in place and painted white.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffp1167 For This Post:

I'm also guilty of the trap door! Did it in the formula. That was b4 I realized how bad the inside of the tank looked and ended up having to drop everything anyways! I didn't even bother with reattaching the panel I had for the patch. I just covered it back up with the carpet. If the pump dies in the t/a I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. It's a worth while mod. Takes a day long job and turns it into something that can be done in a matter of minutes.

Jeff what's with the purple fingernail?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ugod02010 For This Post:

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1997 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Ugod02010 View Post
    I'm also guilty of the trap door! Did it in the formula. That was b4 I realized how bad the inside of the tank looked and ended up having to drop everything anyways! I didn't even bother with reattaching the panel I had for the patch. I just covered it back up with the carpet. If the pump dies in the t/a I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. It's a worth while mod. Takes a day long job and turns it into something that can be done in a matter of minutes.

Jeff what's with the purple fingernail?
    girlfriend was holding the metal haha ...

I was hoping so. Or u had a little girl who was "practicing" on daddy's hand. Lol

LTX Master

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 z28 2005 gxp

nice build.

i might of missed it, but did you polish your timing cover or is that coated?
    looks great

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by blkchevyz View Post
    nice build.

i might of missed it, but did you polish your timing cover or is that coated?
    looks great
    It says it's powder coated.
    John

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast