Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    InActive Member

Status

"I was making about 550whp

Making you silky smooth..."

Ok was that with ported factory heads? What cam was you running with your set up?
    Last edited by 96 SS 383; 09-10-2013 at 10:04 AM.

InActive Member

Status

so i did some research on the mondo and it says it requires 12psi. any input on that issue?

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by 96 SS 383 View Post
    so i did some research on the mondo and it says it requires 12psi. any input on that issue?
    Requires?

AT my MAX boost Im just shy of 12 lbs...

MEMBER @ LTXtech.com

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

InActive Member

Status

Yea it was saying on vortechs website a minimum of 12 pounds peak boost is needed. But I plan on one day upgrading the head unit and getting more psi so I think id be alright. Id rather go too big then having to buy another one down the road. Can you still hear it at low boost letting off ?

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Yea it was saying on vortechs website a minimum of 12 pounds peak boost is needed. But I plan on one day upgrading the head unit and getting more psi so I think id be alright. Id rather go too big then having to buy another one down the road. Can you still hear it at low boost letting off ?
    When the car is running its loud....between shifts in boost...it SCREAMS

MEMBER @ LTXtech.com

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by popo8:355976
    When the car is running its loud....between shifts in boost...it SCREAMS

MEMBER @ LTXtech.com
    Awesome! That's what I want.

"

Ok was that with ported factory heads? What cam was you running with your set up?
    It was ported lt4 heads. I was running a cc306 cam. I made such good numbers on 7psi cause I bolted the procharger onto an NA setup. I was still 11-11.5:1 compression. I wouldn't recommend it, it kinda like a time bomb. Not sure when its gonna go, but its going to at some point. Haha. I broke ring landings I believe on a couple pistons. Havent torn the motor apart. Easy fix, coulda been worse, but I just built a whole new setup instead of a bandade

Making you silky smooth...

InActive Member

Status

Lol oh k I see. I had a n/a setup I was gonna do the same and just bolt the procharger on it but decided to take my time and went ahead and forged the bottom end and get a better cam for boost. I just lack having a good set of heads. Was 7 psi all you were able to get out of the p600? I'm hoping I can get 10 out of it.

I have ported lt4 heads, but they flow pretty well. I never changed the pully, I actually had the next size down but never put it on. 7 was plenty for my stock bottom. The cc306 cam I had isn't horrible for boost so i left it, but there's def others that are better. Having a bigger cubic inch motor could make it tough getting 10psi. That's why I got rid of it when I started my 383, not saying it won't work, I just want 15ish psi and I knew the p600 couldn't do that. Having a bigger cubic inch motor will flow air through better, so the 7psi I was getting, would have only been 5-6psi on the new motor. So you'd really have to pully it down to get 10. Again, not saying it can't happen. But even procharger was telling me I was prob maxing out that p600 as it was.

Making you silky smooth...
    Last edited by ZOHAN; 09-12-2013 at 10:13 AM.

InActive Member

Status

Yea that's what I was afraid of when I bought the p600 I was just planning on about 5 psi because of the n/a non forged bottom end but now that its forged I'm wanting more boost but may not be able to get it. I guess ill try pullying it down and see what I can get out of it for now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast