Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by blkchevyz View Post
    thanks. yeah it seems like a pretty well rounded turbo, i wanted one that i could stick with if i up the CI as well.

got any pictures of your setup? love to see how you got that thing to fit lol. i ended up notching my frame rail and i have it straddling it.
    I have a thread around here somewhere.

So far the s475 is working great for me. My first turbo build though so what do I know? Lol
    1996 T/A - 383, BW S-475, TH350, Trickflows, LE Cam, Revmax

LTX Master

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 z28 2005 gxp

other items is its a 6 speed car, has a ford 9 inch with 4.30s... guessing those will be a little much for the turbo. got some 3.70s to throw in. going to do a 2bar map tune with it and run e85. still working on what fuel pump/pumps to run, and injectors.
    heres what it sounded like before it died.
    http://www.mofbody.com/blkchevyz/chrisidle.MOV

LTX Master

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 z28 2005 gxp

got the rest of the stuff for the oil feed and return, along with all my gaskets. so time to weld up the fitting to the oil pan, then finish assembling the motor.
    now that its not a 100+ degrees out hope to get out there this weekend and get some crap done on it.

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by blkchevyz View Post
    I like your thinking with this placement, but that's going to boil your radiator being that close and there looks like there's no room for the upper radiator hose on that side now either. My recommendation would be to turn it clockwise about 20-30° and slide it back to where the ABS BPMV used to sit. You'd have an easy bend to fit an intake/filter in front of the shock tower, and a very slight bend coming off the turbo for a downpipe down the frame rail.

*edit* Wait......I see you cut the core support. You doing the Griffin stand up radiator everyone uses? If so, then you should be good. BUT.....where are you going with the exhaust. Down the drivers or passenger side of the motor, or are you doing a Ryan and going out the bumper?

LTX Master

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 z28 2005 gxp

sticking with the stock radiator, but in that picture its resting on the turbo, i didnt have the mount made to pull it closer to the front. with it pulled close there is a good fist size gap.

the exhaust is going to go down, and out the passanger side, i'm hoping to get a 4 inch pipe through there, might be an oval pipe though.

LTX Master

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 Chevy Camaro z28

Nice to see you on this site. I remember your car from the FAST/MOfbody days.
    94' Z -383 LTx, AI TFS 215cc heads/C/I
    S60 rear
    Stepped Hedman Hustlers an a Monoblade TB

LTX Master

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 z28 2005 gxp

yep, hasnt ran since those days lol

LTX Master

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 z28 2005 gxp

got a little more work done on it, have the upper radiator support done, just need to smooth it out a little more with filler.
    what i first did was cut the stock one in half, and was going to box that in... after attempting that it was eaiser to just cut it off and get some square tubing, and make my own. i also added a piece of flat stock to the front to make it match the way the factory had it. crappy picture, filler was still wet so its looks like its glowing lol.

rsupport.jpg
    now i just need to finish the lower support, then fix all my crappy welds i did a long time ago.

Lookin good man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    1996 T/A - 383, BW S-475, TH350, Trickflows, LE Cam, Revmax

LTX Master

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 z28 2005 gxp

thanks. signing up on here has got me motivated again. just need to squeeze in some car time each week and get it done.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to blkchevyz For This Post:

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast