Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ah I forgot I saw you were turbo'd. We'll boosted motors are alot more forgiving of head flow, certainly not like a N/A build that requires a bit more attention to details. I'm sure you'll be fine, but after years of dealing with companies in the performance world, few have the combined service, product, and communication you'll find with Lloyd. If he wasn't married... the things I would do...

Anyways, let us know how it goes. Want a real apples to apples, take them to Lloyd and get them flowed there. Lloyd's in Texas with you, testing on the same bench would help prove this guy a quack or head sorcerer.

Good luck.
    1994 Z28 383ci - Jake's 4L80 - Moser 9" [LE2 heads and LE cam - 121mph @5500DA]
    1995 Corvette 350ci - ZF6 - Dana 44 [GTP heads - XE503 - RamHD]
    1997 Ram 2500 - tractor motor - duel spinners - chimnie mod

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bersaglieri For This Post:

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Ed
    Vehicle
    1969 GTO

Headbytes porting.. otherwise known as Thomas Sizemore, is a leading edge dirt bag. He seemed very knowledgeable and after promising me the world, including a you tube video of my heads being ported, I sent him a 50% deposit to port heads for me, sent him parts from my existing heads, and also had a new intake and other parts dropped shipped directly to him. After reading some reviews at this web site http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...y-company.html I contacted Thomas and asked if he wouldn't mind shipping the heads to me COD. I even offered to pre pay shipping. After what I saw I just wanted to have the heads in my hands before I paid for them. He absolutely refused. He told me if I didn't send him the rest of the payment using Walmart to Walmart cash transfer by the next day at noon he was going to sell my heads, keep my parts including my new intake and my $700 deposit and send me the you tube link to my "beautiful" heads being ported so I would see what I missed out on. Well after all that it was very clear to me that I better cut my losses. Why would anyone who was trust worthy refuse to ship COD? Why threaten me with keeping all my stuff and my deposit (which is exactly what he did). And guess what.. no you tube video.. who knows if he ever even had those heads, did anything with them if he did or maybe he hacked the hell out of them like he did to others at the link I provided. Word to the wise. Stay away, far away from Head bytes porting.

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    94 Z28 Camaro

Yea i got scamed and never got my stuff back. Yea y'all told me so.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    94 Z28 TURBO BUILD in progress

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    93 Bird

Care to elaborate? I feel bad for ya man.

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    94 Z28 Camaro

Sent my heads, intake and had valves, retainers and seals sent and excuse after excuse lead to nothing. Was told a video was being made on the intake porting and of course nothing. Thats the reason for my build stopping.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

Damn man, that's even worse than just getting a shitty product back. Good luck with the build if it ever continues

LTX Regular

Status
    Vehicle
    95 ta

That sucks man. I read so much about him on yellowbullet too. He has taken a lot of money from other guys. Do you need some heads and a new intake manifold?
    Adam Legatt 95 trans am, 355 LE ported 21* TFS heads SS4000, 9'' 11.18@ 121.5 mph

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Just checked the Headbytes website. Home page indicates "closed for business as of July 28, 2016 and is no longer accepting work".
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    94 Z28 Camaro

I have another engine for parts but it just left me without progress going on and I never got back going on it.

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1995 Mystic z28

The underbelly of performance car work and restoration is one of the worst things out there with little relief for unsuspecting car owners.

Thank God for the network of good people who share experiences and good vendors who make things easier and do so on the up and up.

I'm sorry that happened to you, sir.
    Last edited by donfrye; 07-09-2017 at 06:35 PM.
    95 Mystic Z28, 17x9 FR, 17x11 RR ZR-1's, Pacesetter LT's and Y-pipe, Borla adjustable, Moroso CAI, 2800 Stall, AC Delete, and Cracked Dash/broken lid Mod.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to donfrye For This Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast