Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 3 of 203 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitness Thread

Popo8's Bitch

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 93formulalt1 View Post
    I'm just starting to get back into it, after 3 years of not doing anything. I'm not fat, but I do have some "soft spots", and while I look decent with clothes on, as soon as the shirt comes off, I'm not in the condition I was when I got out of the Army in 2010. I'm 6'3" tall, and weight about 195lbs. Hoping to get to about 185, and build some muscle so I don't look soft, particularly in the arms and abs.

Friend from work and I have decided to work out 3-4 times a week, we went on a 4 mile jog last night, and Monday, we are planning to do upper body. Both of us are former Army, so we are just doing what we know. Not looking to get huge, I'm just hoping to get the body I had when I was 21 back.

Anything I should try for a pre-workout? I've used that type of thing before, just to help boost energy levels, but I don't do caffeine anymore, causes headaches. Something that's not going to be a detriment to my already well-balanced diet would be ideal.
    I take this: http://www.supplementwarehouse.com/v...product=221435

But it has A LOT of caffeine in it......

InActive Member

Status

I was hard at it for a long time but over the last year, maybe longer, i got burnt out and just stopped going. When i first started lifting 3 years ago i was 155lbs and at my best i was 185 with little body fat. Right now i am about 193 but i do have a belly :-/ so i am gonna get back it and hopeful cut back to 185 or so. I am getting married in Oct so that gives me a little motivation lol. This is me at 185lbs, only pictures i have. Pictures 447.jpgPictures 524.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 1994Z28; 07-20-2013 at 07:44 PM.
    1996 Impala SS - 6.28@110/9.91@135
    2010 LTx Shootout Extreme Street N/A Runner-Up
    2012 LTx Shootout Extreme Street P/A Champion/Record Holder - 10.09@135
    2013 LTx Shootout Modified P/A Runner-Up

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Cameron
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula

Does anyone here ride bikes? I'm looking at getting one to help me knock off weight. Need to know what you think of this one: http://www.performancebike.com/bikes...400310__400310

Well, I jumped and ordered it after talking to a good friend who rides pretty hard and is well versed.
    Last edited by Sahara54; 07-20-2013 at 09:37 PM.
    2012 Sierra - 5.3, Summit "Stage 1" Truck Cam
    1994 Jimmy - LS? LT? 4wd? AWD? Time? Money?
    1994 Formula - 5.3, Terminator X, Billet VS7875, "Best Cam", T56, QP 9"
    Formula Build Thread

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara54 View Post
    Does anyone here ride bikes? I'm looking at getting one to help me knock off weight. Need to know what you think of this one: http://www.performancebike.com/bikes...400310__400310

Well, I jumped and ordered it after talking to a good friend who rides pretty hard and is well versed.
    Stationary only...sorry.

MEMBER @ LTXtech.com

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    '96 Z28

I usually skip these threads as im not a fitness buff n im a string bean, but f it. Maybe it will help the less fit get motivated to post too!
    I'm 28, 5'8 and only time I cracked 150 was at bootcamp (154).
    USUALLY im a solid 145, can't gain fat it seems.. but ive gone way downhill, slowley climbing back, but 3yrs of being nearly bed ridden n a few surgeries will do that to any one. So I'm currently 131 n getting in better shape everyday now that I'm not so crippled.
    I want to get back to my normal weight at least and while I can never be in the same shape as I was when I got hurt I can atleast get some muscles like they used to be, pop eye arms maybe.. and idk about a 10pack anymore but id settle for 6..
    Out fishin atm but when ever im on land next I think ive got some before pix and il post a present too and hopefuly my future pic will resemble my past lol

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Have u tried any weight gainers or aminos to try to help with size.

Back in the day (and i mean 10 years ago) there were things like 1AD 1MT HALADROL....(all banned now) that were great for size and strength when coupled with allot ofnprotein and a regular workout. Im sure there is something out there to hell. Hell I think creatine is still out there and only banned in pro baseball...

MEMBER @ LTXtech.com

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    '96 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Have u tried any weight gainers or aminos to try to help with size.

Back in the day (and i mean 10 years ago) there were things like 1AD 1MT HALADROL....(all banned now) that were great for size and strength when coupled with allot ofnprotein and a regular workout. Im sure there is something out there to hell. Hell I think creatine is still out there and only banned in pro baseball...

MEMBER @ LTXtech.com
    Oyeah. Tried a bunch. They help me get in shape faster, recover etc but don't make me any bigger in the end, just get me ther quicker it seems. N creatine I swear gives me cists, only time ive ever got em was while on that.

Usually I don't buy sups any more unless we're doing some hardcore fishing which I can't do any more. I should go get some to help speed things up. I need to pay alot off attention to not favor a side these days tho, my back n abs are already bigger on my right side which ain't good.
    Spent a few yrs fishing with an x chef eating 4 full meals a day busting ass n only hit 150

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1994 formy
    Supporting Member

That looks like a nice bike. I have a TREK 3 series. I use to ride like crazy when I was at Fort Bragg, those tank trails were killer. I also rode a bunch in korea.....screw cabs haha. Since my medical issues started I had to stop running and doing typical army works outs. I use to run up to 10 miles a day now if I run even 1/2 a mile I get so dizzy I cant walk. So I have been working on doing other sports to get around this. I still ride my bike occasionally, when the georgia heat allows it, swim, roller blade, tennis and more recently I have started a kettle bell routine and it workings pretty well. While I was on deployment in 08/09 I gained a ton of weight and have been trying to work it off since. I went from 230 to 180 and now im back up to 190

383, Eagle crank, scat rods, Mahle pistons, 238/248 .565 cam. 3k stall, AFR 210 heads, Pacesetter LT, 58 MM TB and a few other goodies.

Popo8's Bitch

Status

If any of you ever need any supplements or vitamins or anything like that, I buy all my supplements at www.supplementwarehouse.com They also give you tons of free samples and shaker cups etc.....with every order! It is such a great site!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrs Popo8 For This Post:

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    '96 Z28

I like to make myown blends, dif protein sources n absorbtion rates, carbs etc. These guys give you all sorts of options> http://www.truenutrition.com/

Page 3 of 203 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast