Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Killer-ls1 did it with a 408 lq4 and about 1020rwhp. He has alot of aerodynamic research and parts to get there. Here's his thread

http://m.ls1tech.com/forums/showthre...996&styleid=27

I can't find his build thread on my phone but he has a custom rear diffuser, a front splitter, the RS ground effects, and a ton of other little things. I've also always dreamed of chasing that 200mph mark. I think I'd go with a stock stroke, stock bore if possible, 6" rods, 6500rpm limit, 64cc trickflows and a ton of boost. I don't think it would take anything crazy, people have been getting 900rwhp on l33 aluminum 5.3s and lq4s with stock gm cranks. I think keeping the rpms low, the cylinder wall thickness as thick as possible, and the stroke smaller would help reduce stress on the block. Thick deck trickflows shouldn't lift with ARP studs. A good set of ported trickflows and a good custom cam, a big turbo and lots of boost should get you to 1000rwhp, from there you need a big radiator and a shitload of aerodynamic trial and error. The pistons, combustion chambers, valve faces and exhaust runners need to be coated, killer-ls1 is also spraying a little meth to cool it.
    Last edited by bufmatmuslepants; 04-25-2014 at 05:38 AM.

LTX AUTOX GURU!

Status

The aerodynamics are taken care of on my TA. It helps when I got access to a wind tunnel. And a friend that is also a aeronautical engineer

As far as the engine I agree mostly. I'm running a custom stroke setup. Keeping rotating assembly light as possible. While able to hold boost and high RPM.
    94 Trans am. Built 383/T56(437/409) Wilwoods, tubular suspension, QA1/BMR, Watts Link. Stripped down and set to kill!

Twin Tubo build underway. !GOING AFTER LTX STANDING MILE RECORD!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MeanTA For This Post:

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910