Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by LowLyfe View Post
    Newby, trying to get my 95 k1500 5.7l back on the road. Bought truck without transmission. Found a 97 one piece PWM trans. I did not know that 95 was year specific only. After reading thread 100 times or more I am confused about the PWM trans that originally came in truck. Why won't the 97 PWM pump and valve body work in my 95???? Don't want to put it in if it won't work... I have already purchased overhaul kit converter for the 97... Built it with new pump and valve body... So according to the facts I have to use a 95 pump, valve body, spacer plate and internal harness for the 97 to work? Right? What about the converter??? Will the 97 I ordered work with all the 95 stuff?? A little dazed and confused on this issue .. need to have it running ASAP BUT WILL WAIT FOR CLARIFICATION ON MY ISSUE... I APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL HELP AND PROMISE TO NOT PARTAKE IN BUYING ANOTHER VEHICLE THAT IS MISSING THE ORIGINAL TRANSMISSION... EVER EVER EVER,������������
    the converter doesnt matter. everything else you listed is correct.
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

CPT

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Arturo
    Vehicle
    94 k1500 choo choo conversion pickup

Thank you sir. Awesome thread. Much appreciated

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1986 Corvette

Help please.

Removed prior engine and tranny combo. Purchased 97 LS1 with OEM harness and PCM pulled from a C5 corvette for a swap. All stock 97 parts and components on the motor.
    Will a 2005 4l60E (from a chevy Silverado) work with the 97 PCM or will it throw codes?

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Keith Tappe
    Vehicle
    1995 K1500 Z71

New user here. My question involves my 1995 K1500. My motor has near 300k on it and I was able to aquire a 96 Yukon with the 5.7l Vortec. Since I got the whole vehicle my plan is to swap the entire wire harness out(since 95 was TBI and obd1 and 96 had the spider injector and obd2). What I want to figure out is what changes will I need to make for my 95 4l60e to work with my 96 Vortec 5.7l

Thank you for any help.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

@meissen

SPAM

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

Taken care of
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

@meissen

SPAM - 2 posts

3.4L to LT1 Swapper

Status
    Name
    Brian Meissen
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro "Red Alert"; 2022 Camaro LT1 RS

deleted

- Brian Meissen -
    "Magic Man" - LTxTech
    Owner - Michigan FBody Association

1994 Chevrolet Camaro "Red Alert" [ LT1 Transplant ]
    2022 Chevrolet Camaro LT1 RS "Cherry Bomb 6.2"

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Gary Watson
    Vehicle
    97 k1500 97 k2500 99 k1500 14 k2500

Quote Originally Posted by CPT View Post
    None of the '93 -'97 4L60E's are directly interchangeable, except '93 and '94 and '96 and '97!!! Here's a list of yearly differences that will show you why. Yes, some years will fit in others and may not even throw a code, but there will be an issue in the long run. The big issues become forced 3-2 downshifts, and converter lock up issues and burnt lock up clutches. When a converter cluych cause it to lose lock up, the 3-4 clutches, in the transmission will soon follow because the 3-4's need lock up to keep them cool while cruising in overdrive.

1993: These were used in TRUCKS only. Not available in F-Bodies, B-Bodies, or Vettes

1994: Interchangeable with '93 4L60E with no modifications. The '93-'94 is a NON PWM transmission. This means that the lock up apply strategy is an on /off arrangement. It has an 11 pin case connector. Does not have PWM cast into front pump. 1 piece TCC control valve in the valve body. Plate has holes in plate, marked in diagram below. 1st design 3-2 valve

1995: Stand alone year! Will not interchange with any other year. This is a PWM transmission. An extra solenoid was added to the valve body to control the pulsed lock up strategy of the conerter clutch. It has a 12 pin case connector, extra wire in the transmission to computer harness and different computer to control the new PWM circuit. Has PWM cast in front pump. Front pump internal passages different to match new TCC strategy. 2 piece TCC control valve in valve body. Has holes in plate, marked in diagram below. 1st design 3-2 valve. 12 pin case connector. '94 computer won't recognise new TCC strategy., and will burn lock-up clutch and 3-4 clutches up. '96 computer isn't compatible with '96 3-2 control solenoid.

1996: The 3-2 downshift strategy was changed to an on /off arrangement. The 3-2 downshift solenoid was changed to a 20-31 OHM solenoid, from the previous 10-15 OHM solenoid. The 3-2 control valve was changed to the second design valve. The easiest way to identify the valve is, the second design valve will fall out as soon as the solenoid is removed. The first design has a plug and retaining clip. TCC solenoid remains 10-15 OHMs, which is the same as the '95 arrangement. Has PWM stamped cast in pump. pump is the same as '95. Will not interchange with '95 unless changing 3-2 solenoid, valvebody casting, and seperator plate. Has holes in plate marked in diagram. '94 or '95 computer will not accept the 20-31 OHM 3-2 solenoid and will throw an SES light and throw the transmission into limp mode. Some less knowledgeable builders will swap the solenoid so the computer will see the correct resistance, but the valve itself then causes downshift issues. If only the solenoid is changed, it will result in a 3-2 downshift cut loose. In other words...3-neutral-2 downshift. Speedo moved to passenger side of tail housing, but easily changed.

1997: Basically the same as '96.

*** ADDITIONAL INFORMATION***. We have found that the '94 and '95 cars share the same part number for the PCM. This means that the PWM function is part of the tuning. It appears as though it's possible to install a '94 4L60E in a '95 vehicle as long as the PCM is reprogrammed to delete the PWM function. A '95 can be installed in a '94 as long as you add a wire into the trans harness that connects the PCM PWM pin to the transmissions PWM pin. The pin is pin 6 in connector d, the blue connector on the PCM, to pin U on the trans. This ia a brown wire on 95's.
    Hello Sir

Any chance you could expand your awesome knowledge out 2-3 year models. Specifically 97/98/99 5.7 models please???

I’m working on a 97 4.3 that’s blowing the PRND321 fuse. Changed switch assy. No help.

When driving. OD/3 is first gear. 2/1 is second gear. Will not shift past second

Also own a 99 k1500

Thanks

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Unfortunately, Frank @ CPT passed away a while back. His wife Gail is now running the business.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast