Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 Chevy Camaro

Default T-56 Swap Harness Question

Hey guys, just had a couple quick questions about harnesses for a t-56 swap.

1) If I decide to just splice my current A4 harness, will it be a problem that my A4 harness is from a 95' and the T-56 is out of a '97? Wasn't sure about things such as the VSS

2) Would it be easier to splice my A4 harness or to go find an M6 harness?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 Firebird

I'm reasonably sure the connectors are the same, best bet would to unplug it and compare it to the plug on the t56. It's been quite a few years since I did the last swap, but all I ever did was splice the wires from the A4 to the M6 and that revolved around the neutral safety switch and the reverse lockout under the console.
    94 firebird 315 30 18 x 4, 3.4/A4 to LT1/M6 swap, bilstein racing coilovers, leveled LCAs, lowered PHR, spherical bushings in stock lower a arms, 35mm front swaybar, 1" rear sway bar, ported heads, cam, LS1 lid, longtubes, rebuilt T56 blah blah blah

10 Second N/A Club

Status
    Name
    Josh
    Vehicle
    96 Z28

http://www.bp-automotive.com/ might be able to help you out with this if you haven't already gotten it.
    -Josh
    co-owner of BDBRacing.com
    NMCA OC 9004
    96, N/A 385, Holley EFI, Faceplated M6, AI TFS heads, LE SR cam, MWC Fab 9
    10.16 @ 136 1.50 60'........still workin on that 60' shootin for 1.4's!

Lurker

Status

Go ahead and splice it. I have a 94 and puit in a tranny out of a 96. Your going to have to replace the reverse lights hook up and one more. There used to be a good wright up on the new. It was something like www.afresh.com im sure its still out there.
    1994 Camaro Z-28 M6
    LE 242/248 cam,Crower split ratio rockers,AI 23*Trick Flow heads,JetHot longtube headers,Borla exaust,ewp,pro5.0,hybrid TNT wet kit.

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Jim
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28

http://www.afrashteh.com/tranny_pics/T56.htm

Use your auto harness and mod. it. Speed sensor plug is different, pick up the required pigtails for a few bucks and call it a day. Done a few of them and easy to do. Tie the wires together for the reverse lock out. The guide posted above is an excellent write up.
    1996 camaro Z28, Clayton racing 398, Rossler TH350 rmvb with brake, FTI billet race converter 4400, Dana S60 with 4.10's, 300 shot, Accel DFI controlled, UMI, Spohn, PA racing, QA1's, Baer brakes, 325/45/17 M&H, Caged, Corbeau's, Simpson, etc.
    From zero to fuck yeah in 3 seconds.

Lurker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JPack View Post
    http://www.afrashteh.com/tranny_pics/T56.htm

Use your auto harness and mod. it. Speed sensor plug is different, pick up the required pigtails for a few bucks and call it a day. Done a few of them and easy to do. Tie the wires together for the reverse lock out. The guide posted above is an excellent write up.
    Thats it. I knew it was something like that. I couldnt figure it out and was in a hurry.
    1994 Camaro Z-28 M6
    LE 242/248 cam,Crower split ratio rockers,AI 23*Trick Flow heads,JetHot longtube headers,Borla exaust,ewp,pro5.0,hybrid TNT wet kit.