Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my auto x day

Default my auto x day

This is 5 or 6 runs, put into 1 video to give different camera angles. Fun day and I love doing it, it's just so hard on tires... http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pLscxvFptTg

The Nitrous Outlet Junkie

Status
    Name
    Troy
    Vehicle
    1994 Firebird Formula

i autocross some in my car

its a lot of fun
    94 Formula "budget build" #thebeaterbird
    10.177 @128.31 on a lil 250 shot
    350, LT1, carb, LE grind cam, th400, 4k stall, ford 8.8 w/ 4.10s

Overworked/Underpaid

Status
    Name
    Peter Alpiger
    Vehicle
    1996 Trans Am WS6; 1994 Corvette [GS Clone]

Looks fun man! I need to find a place to do some auto-x now.
    96 Trans Am WS6 LT1 M6: 10/7/11 - current: 245.7 RWHP / 266.2 RWTQ - 14.462s @ 98.28 MPH
    94 Corvette LT1 A4: 4/12/13 - current: No dyno #s yet - 9.547s @ 75.11 MPH (1/8 mile)
    92 Lumina Euro 3.4L LQ1 A4: 1/15/06 - current: The beater car that refuses to die...

InActive Member

Status

Well that looks like a blast! Great video BTW! Go Video I presume?
    96 Z LTx. 396 Forged Eagle BE, AFR195s, CR 12.5:1 Comp Ultra-Pro Mag1.6 RRs, Lt-4 Intake, 42lb FI, 58mm TB, Comp 292XFI Cam, Kook LTs, PerformaBuilt Lvl-3, SS 3600, 4" DS, Spooled Strange D-60 w/5.13s, BMR K-mem & A-arms, Hotchkis out back, Mazeire, MSD Digi-6 , Nano-N2O, 75 shot: 7.28 @ 95.7 1.6 60' - New Build: NA-SF 7.4 1.6 60' 93 Mph

InActive Member

Status

I know this is from a few months back, but I just wanted to comment that I like the different camera angles from the first video (ZOHAN).

Our cars with the front being heavy and the rear being light (uneven weight distribution), and then the higher HP mixed with the RWD, throw all that in a bag, and you got yourself a terrible car for auto crossing. That being said, I think both drivers did a decent job.

I did just 1 auto-x race. My buddy who had been doing it for years invited me to a race and threw me the keys to his MKIV Turbo Supra after he completed his run. Lol, he was pissed when I got first place in his car (I was never invited again). Its a fun time, but even though I did well, it wasn't my type of race. I much prefer higher speeds.

I really liked watching the vids!
    1995 Z28 - disfunctional now, perhaps insane after its "treatment"
    1998 Formula WS6 -Heads, cam, intake, bolt ons 441RWHP

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CALL911 For This Post:

I was originally setting my car up for full road course, just never got around to it since the closest track was over 2 hrs away. So I tried my hand at autox. I love it but the car honestly didn't make the right power being procharged. Not to mention the things you said. And higher gears woulda helped. Had to leave it in second and I'd start spinning and drift once I made boost. So in my 5 runs I used 1/2 my rear tire tread and 1/4 of the fronts. Lol. Sad thing is I later realized I had a vacuum hose come off my bov... (boost leak)

Not sure on the editor. Gave them to my bro and he put them together into the one vid. Each run was about 50 sec. So the vid is actually a little long but who's counting. Haha

Making you silky smooth...
    Last edited by ZOHAN; 06-24-2013 at 12:45 AM.

LTX AUTOX GURU!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ZOHAN View Post
    I was originally setting my car up for full road course, just never got around to it since the closest track was over 2 hrs away. So I tried my hand at autox. I love it but the car honestly didn't make the right power being procharged. Not to mention the things you said. And higher gears woulda helped. Had to leave it in second and I'd start spinning and drift once I made boost. So in my 5 runs I used 1/2 my rear tire tread and 1/4 of the fronts. Lol. Sad thing is I later realized I had a vacuum hose come off my bov... (boost leak)

Not sure on the editor. Gave them to my bro and he put them together into the one vid. Each run was about 50 sec. So the vid is actually a little long but who's counting. Haha

At about 400whp our cars get very over powering in autox. Im almost always in 2nd with one foot on the brake. Just pushing my car through the turns. Fun but abusive on the tires

Can only imagine what a SC car is going through lol
    94 Trans am. Built 383/T56(437/409) Wilwoods, tubular suspension, QA1/BMR, Watts Link. Stripped down and set to kill!

Twin Tubo build underway. !GOING AFTER LTX STANDING MILE RECORD!

Quote Originally Posted by MeanTA View Post
    At about 400whp our cars get very over powering in autox. Im almost always in 2nd with one foot on the brake. Just pushing my car through the turns. Fun but abusive on the tires

Can only imagine what a SC car is going through lol
    Yeah, I was putting down around 550ish. Lol. It was a handful

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ZOHAN For This Post:

Attached Images Attached Images

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ZOHAN For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by ZOHAN View Post
    Zohan... Is she back together?

Co-Owner/Admin @ LTXtech.com

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast