Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    "The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by CALL911 View Post

On a side not, I want to thank people like ZGOBYBY and Fastbird for being amazing friends along that bad stretch last year. And also to people here in this community like Popo for being patient with my while I was away.

LIFE happens man... we all understand. We just didnt like seeing you leave us. Glad your back bud.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

InActive Member

Status

Thanks guys.

Bersaglieri, I will send you a PM before I officially put the intake up for sale to give you first dibs on it. I just want to take some good pics, and figure out how much I want for it. It will be hard because I bought it for a pretty penny, then added vacuum lines, then had to have it modified to clear the hood (as on top of a super Vic efi intake it did NOT clear the hood when I got it). At that point I had more than $1,000 in the thing. Then later as I showed, I had some of the weaker welds redone when it split. I'm not going to ask anything close to $1,000 for it, but its still worth quite a bit (especially since you can't buy them anymore), and I need to sit down and figure out a fair price for it.

Popo, I don't want to go with the AFR 210's. My AFR 180's were fully CNC'd by TPIS which was a top dollar ordeal back in the day (it showed too with the added CFM). Then when I rebuilt the motor for boost, the performance shop hogged them out even further. I don't think the AFR 210's really flow that much better than my hogged out 180's honestly. At least not enough to warrant the expense and work to upgrade to them over what I have. If everything else is meant for high volume, I need to get something a bit bigger for the heads. The 227's although expensive with offset rockers needed, are what I want. I can get a good set of rockers from Harlan Sharp for around $430, and I will also need new pushrods. The springs I may be able to downgrade for free depending on what I need, so it shouldn't be crazy, but its not going to be cheap.
    1995 Z28 - disfunctional now, perhaps insane after its "treatment"
    1998 Formula WS6 -Heads, cam, intake, bolt ons 441RWHP

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Thanks guys.
    Popo, I don't want to go with the AFR 210's. My AFR 180's were fully CNC'd by TPIS which was a top dollar ordeal back in the day (it showed too with the added CFM). Then when I rebuilt the motor for boost, the performance shop hogged them out even further. I don't think the AFR 210's really flow that much better than my hogged out 180's honestly. At least not enough to warrant the expense and work to upgrade to them over what I have. If everything else is meant for high volume, I need to get something a bit bigger for the heads. The 227's although expensive with offset rockers needed, are what I want. I can get a good set of rockers from Harlan Sharp for around $430, and I will also need new pushrods. The springs I may be able to downgrade for free depending on what I need, so it shouldn't be crazy, but its not going to be cheap.
    Ok, I wasnt saying to get the 210s, I thought KLINE was selling 227s till I looked to get you the link. The Off set rockers will do the trick also, but when I spoke to AFR (1126 eliminators) their primary choice was the shaft mounts, although they suggested JESSEL.

You know there are bigger AFRs than the 227s now also... I think Tony S is running them... 23X.

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

h yeah, and are your 180s LT4 or LT1 set up now?

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Ok, I wasnt saying to get the 210s, I thought KLINE was selling 227s till I looked to get you the link. The Off set rockers will do the trick also, but when I spoke to AFR (1126 eliminators) their primary choice was the shaft mounts, although they suggested JESSEL.

You know there are bigger AFRs than the 227s now also... I think Tony S is running them... 23X.
    Gotcha.

180's only came ready for LT1's to my knowledge. Mine are for an LT1.

Which set of 227's did you go with? The race ready 1076's or the competition 1126's? Where can you get 23X's? AFR doesn't show anything larger than 227's on their website. At least not for SBC LT. For SBC heads they offer up to a 245, but they state right on their website it is for an L98 style head (LSX).

Also, I was going to start another thread on this but might as well ask it here if anyone knows; can I still use my LT4 valve covers with AFR 227's?
    Last edited by CALL911; 01-23-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Ok, there is a lot of talk about heads with little information. How about some info on the whole setup especially the camshaft. There is alot more than AFR out there and if your in the AFR227 budget you've got LOADS of options. Let's get the details on the table and then talk about what the better routes are.

It's hard to compare the ported 180's with 210's [either Race Ready or Eliminator] without concrete data on where the 180 stands on actual port size and flow number. That's not the end all, but that data will be a start on figuring out where to go.
    Last edited by Bersaglieri; 01-23-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    1994 Z28 383ci - Jake's 4L80 - Moser 9" [LE2 heads and LE cam - 121mph @5500DA]
    1995 Corvette 350ci - ZF6 - Dana 44 [GTP heads - XE503 - RamHD]
    1997 Ram 2500 - tractor motor - duel spinners - chimnie mod

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Gotcha.

180's only came ready for LT1's to my knowledge. Mine are for an LT1.

Which set of 227's did you go with? The race ready 1076's or the competition 1126's? Where can you get 23X's? AFR doesn't show anything larger than that on their website.

Also, I was going to start another thread on this but might as well ask it here if anyone knows; can I still use my LT4 valve covers with AFR 227's?

Mine are the 1126 eliminators which are LT4 design, hence why I am running the intake that they call the door stop, lol

I was concerned that if you got them you would not realize and you would have to have intake work done again, because since your 180s are LT1 design your intake was made accordingly.

With that being said, Im not sure where to find 23x... but maybe Tony S can help you.. I swear I remember them being 235s or 237s..... but I dont know much more.

Finally , yes, the VCs can be changed between the two, in fact the nice thing about the 227s I got, is they allow either perimiter or center bolt mounting which opens up more options for VCs, but if you run center bolts, fill the perimiters with silicone...ask me how I know. lol

The only reason I jumped up to the tall CANTONs was the TD shaft mounted rockers are HUGE, and would not fit under my old valve covers, so as long as your rockers are not that big you should be ok..... (I dont know anything about the size of the off set rockers), sorry.

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Bersaglieri View Post
    Ok, there is a lot of talk about heads with little information. How about some info on the whole setup especially the camshaft. There is alot more than AFR out there and if your in the AFR227 budget you've got LOADS of options. Let's get the details on the table and then talk about what the better routes are.

It's hard to compare the ported 180's with 210's [either Race Ready or Eliminator] without concrete data on where the 180 stands on actual port size and flow number. That's not the end all, but that data will be a start on figuring out where to go.
    My cam specs: Custom Camshaft 244/254 @.050 , .578/.578 lift, 114 LSA. My AFR 180's where put on a flow bench. I need to dig up the paperwork (if it can be found) and see the actual flow numbers. But, I believe they flow benched at a little under 300 cfm.

Mine are the 1126 eliminators which are LT4 design, hence why I am running the intake that they call the door stop, lol

I was concerned that if you got them you would not realize and you would have to have intake work done again, because since your 180s are LT1 design your intake was made accordingly.

With that being said, Im not sure where to find 23x... but maybe Tony S can help you.. I swear I remember them being 235s or 237s..... but I dont know much more.

Finally , yes, the VCs can be changed between the two, in fact the nice thing about the 227s I got, is they allow either perimiter or center bolt mounting which opens up more options for VCs, but if you run center bolts, fill the perimiters with silicone...ask me how I know. lol

The only reason I jumped up to the tall CANTONs was the TD shaft mounted rockers are HUGE, and would not fit under my old valve covers, so as long as your rockers are not that big you should be ok..... (I dont know anything about the size of the off set rockers), sorry.
    The intake will have to be taken off anyways and ported again to be matched to whatever heads I will go with. The can be made to work with an LT4 head at that time.

When you say VCs do you mean "valve covers"? If so you are saying I can use my LT4 valve covers?

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

When you say VCs do you mean "valve covers"? If so you are saying I can use my LT4 valve covers?
    Yes, sorry VC= Valve covers.

And yes they will bolt up no issues, EXCEPT if your offset rockers are larger than they will allow.

InActive Member

Status

Yes, VC= Valve covers.

And yes they will bolt up no issues, EXCEPT if your offset rockers are larger than they will allow.
    Probably going to have to adress that as it comes I guess, but I really hope I can use what I have, as I like them a lot, and I already have my catch can system and coil packs setup on them.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast