Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    VIP Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1993 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    Alan, something to consider. Crate the motor back off to Lingenfelter. I KNOW they know and can rebuild it. No questions about quality, no questions about durability, no questions about quality. Given the history of the car, I think even if they don't mainstream Gen II stuff anymore, they'd still do the motor back up for you.
    i may look into that...but will say i approached MTI (did one of the motors)and they're so far past LTX they couldn't hang up the phone fast enough. I wonder if LPE is the same. Inundated with LSX stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by chile View Post
    Where are you located at.
    I'm directly between Atlanta GA and Chattanooga TN on I-75 (north Georgia)
    2010 LTX Shootout Extreme Street N/A Top MPH-121.52mph #2 qualifier
    1993 GM High-Tech Performance Formula Thunderchicken

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    i may look into that...but will say i approached MTI (did one of the motors)and they're so far past LTX they couldn't hang up the phone fast enough. I wonder if LPE is the same. Inundated with LSX stuff.
    Having been behind the scenes at LPE back in June last year, I can safely say that they didn't have an LTx in the shop. But.....you never know without asking. They might jump at a chance to save Thunderchicken and put her back on the road.

Banned

Status
    Vehicle
    95 Corvette 6spd, 93 Z28, 93 Z28, and 97 V6 soon to be V8 swapped.

I can't offer much help, but I have a clean, fresh .040 over block, that has been clearenced for a stroker, if you happen to need it. It hasn't really been decked, It only had .008 taken off ,just to clean up the surface. It's up in Dahlonega, if you need it.

VIP Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    I'm directly between Atlanta GA and Chattanooga TN on I-75 (north Georgia)
    I never knew you were that close to me lol

Prev: 94 Formula V8 M6 - R.I.P. / 96 Trans Am WS6 M6 - Sold / 00 Firebird 3.8 M5 - Sold
    Current: 94 Camaro Z28 A4
    Jesse

10 Second N/A Club

Status
    Name
    Josh
    Vehicle
    96 Z28

Alan, there's a machine shop near me that not only did my engine but another members here. He has done 80% of the engines in our local index series including 3-4 other LT1's. He owns a 7 second 1st gen camaro and has done work on several pro mod engines. He does all machine work including balancing in house. If you've followed Hot Rod's drag week you've probably heard of him. His name is Todd Maschmeier, he owns Maschmeier Performance Enginering. His number is 816-six eight two-6946. Just let him know Josh told you to call, or his SN is 89cig on yellowbullet.
    Last edited by 96LT1355Z28; 01-08-2013 at 01:28 PM.
    -Josh
    co-owner of BDBRacing.com
    NMCA OC 9004
    96, N/A 385, Holley EFI, Faceplated M6, AI TFS heads, LE SR cam, MWC Fab 9
    10.16 @ 136 1.50 60'........still workin on that 60' shootin for 1.4's!

VIP Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1993 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by NuckinFutz93 View Post
    I can't offer much help, but I have a clean, fresh .040 over block, that has been clearenced for a stroker, if you happen to need it. It hasn't really been decked, It only had .008 taken off ,just to clean up the surface. It's up in Dahlonega, if you need it.
    hey thanks...i've just assumed my block was fine but nice to have a plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Badbird_96 View Post
    I never knew you were that close to me lol
    don't know where in AL you are but i've spent a lot of time at Alabama International Dragway through the years!

Quote Originally Posted by 96LT1355Z28 View Post
    Alan, there's a machine shop near me that not only did my engine but another members here. He has done 80% of the engines in our local index series including 3-4 other LT1's. He owns a 7 second 1st gen camaro and has done work on several pro mod engines. He does all machine work including balancing in house. If you've followed Hot Rod's drag week you've probably heard of him. His name is Todd Maschmeier, he owns Maschmeier Performance Enginering. His number is 816-six eight two-6946. Just let him know Josh told you to call, or his SN is 89cig on yellowbullet.
    great info...and you motor is very similar to mine w/ size, Ai, M6, TFS, etc. I've seen his name more than once!

Lurker

Status

Check your email.
    1994 Camaro Z-28 M6
    LE 242/248 cam,Crower split ratio rockers,AI 23*Trick Flow heads,JetHot longtube headers,Borla exaust,ewp,pro5.0,hybrid TNT wet kit.

"Project Storm Trooper"

Status
    Name
    Tony
    Vehicle
    93 StormTrooper Z28

it would be a sad day if the thunderchicken was ever reborn with any thing other then a proper LTx....i still remember the first vid i saw of it years ago and thought to my self "i want my car to be like that"....so in a round about way, i guess its you cars fault i have dumped almost $30k in a 20 year old car

Official Member of $30k Club ​- Work in progress
    1993 Z28- 24x EFI, Clayton Racing 383ci, F1a w/FMIC, AFR 210's, LE Custom cam, LE LT4 Intake/heads, 80# injectors, 255lph/340lph pumps, T56 Conversion, 9" 4.11 w/spool, LPP LT w/Borla, Full UMI suspension....
    1987 Iroc-Z - Stock Summer DD

Banned

Status
    Vehicle
    95 Corvette 6spd, 93 Z28, 93 Z28, and 97 V6 soon to be V8 swapped.

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroZGuy View Post
    i have dumped almost $30k in a 20 year old car
    LOL 30k, post the number after you've owned 10 more years. These things are an addiction, and this addiction love money.

VIP Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1993 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by MEAN LT1 View Post
    Check your email.
    got it. Great info if i don't go through with the LS1 PCM conversion. Will respond shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroZGuy View Post
    it would be a sad day if the thunderchicken was ever reborn with any thing other then a proper LTx....i still remember the first vid i saw of it years ago and thought to my self "i want my car to be like that"....so in a round about way, i guess its you cars fault i have dumped almost $30k in a 20 year old car
    glad i could help! There was at least that much in mine BEFORE burning $10,000 in 2011 for nothing! Actually went backwards after spending that much as i could at least go run 11.10s as it was. Now its resting in my basement doing nothing! The car will live again. I plan on holding on to it forever and do whatever it takes. An LT1 without an opti or chip is everything i want!

Quote Originally Posted by NuckinFutz93 View Post
    LOL 30k, post the number after you've owned 10 more years. These things are an addiction, and this addiction love money.
    no joke

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast