Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Banned

Status
    Name
    Big Papi
    Vehicle
    2015 Fusion Titanium AWD
    Blog Entries

Default POTM Submission Rules

1. One win per user every 3 months.
    2. Picture must be of your own or other LTXTECH Members car. In the event of another members car, you can nominate that member.
    3. The top 5 submissions will be accepted.
    4. To kept the spirit of the image and the vehicle the staff appreciates that no people be in the image to skew the voting threads.
    5. Images should be thought out and well planned. Generally how I determine what images will be used, I scroll through the whole thread and choose the top 2 or 3 submissions. Then I will proceed to choose additional images that may be from a driveway or have wheels pointed in the wrong direction. Images that have poles and trees sticking out of the top will get passed over the first time through.
    6. Must be a LTX Powered vehicle. Engine swaps count towards awesome points.

A cell phone image such as this is not generally a good idea. You will note the location the picture was taken from and does nothing from the vehicle. Newer cameras will have optical sensors that will rival some older point and shoots so if the image is clear and a good quality it can still be used.

Poor cell phone quality

If there is a tree or pole growing out of the vehicle

Now we look at something a bit better, but still kinda crappy. Almost uniform background with the trees, a lower image of the car but, it is poorly positioned and the power lines take your focus away from the car.

Here we have an image of a car in harsh day light, but the location is uniform, good quality and no crazy tire angle and the windows are up

Good tire angle, windows up and no overly done post processing the concrete support kinda kills it though. (This image was taken with a 8 year old camera 6mp camera at night)

Taken from a driveway windows down and no thought brought to it.

If you can see a tire like this while the car is standing still probably a no go

Last edited by Chris; 01-07-2013 at 08:28 PM.

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

In reference to number 4 above, what about hot dudes skewing results? Wtf

*Amended rule 4 - Chris

You have no idea what you are missing. I had a nice tank top picked out.
    Last edited by firebird_1995; 01-07-2013 at 07:22 PM.
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    Mods: 9:1 383 LT1, Ported Trick Flow heads, D1SC Procharger, 4L80E, 3.50 9"
    Check out the M122 MCSS build thread here!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firebird_1995 For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

What if we are not rich enough to have expensive photography equipment.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Banned

Status
    Name
    Big Papi
    Vehicle
    2015 Fusion Titanium AWD
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    What if we are not rich enough to have expensive photography equipment.

Cost the equipment is irrelevent. Uploading a good large file with thought is key.

Taken with a Samsung S1050 http://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-S1050-...=samsung+s1050

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    Cost the equipment is irrelevent. Uploading a good large file with thought is key.

Taken with a Samsung S1050 http://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-S1050-...=samsung+s1050

Can u teach us how to change file size....

Larry (Popo8) Co-owner
    LTXtech.com

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Banned

Status
    Name
    Big Papi
    Vehicle
    2015 Fusion Titanium AWD
    Blog Entries

uploadfromtaptalk1357611211108.jpg

uploaded from my phone

inserted from Facebook upload without " Retrieve remote file and reference locally"

Tapatalk hosted

I just uploaded these 3 pictures directly from my phone 3 different ways. Letting the fourm or Tapatalk host it extremely removes the quality and size of the photo. Uploading it to facebook gained the best result.

Your other option will be to upload the image to a website such as imageshack, photobucket or the like.
    Sent from my Galaxy IIIs via Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chris; 01-07-2013 at 08:24 PM.

"Project Storm Trooper"

Status
    Name
    Tony
    Vehicle
    93 StormTrooper Z28

i think Chris should have a thread where we can get photos evaluated.

Official Member of $30k Club ​- Work in progress
    1993 Z28- 24x EFI, Clayton Racing 383ci, F1a w/FMIC, AFR 210's, LE Custom cam, LE LT4 Intake/heads, 80# injectors, 255lph/340lph pumps, T56 Conversion, 9" 4.11 w/spool, LPP LT w/Borla, Full UMI suspension....
    1987 Iroc-Z - Stock Summer DD

InActive Member

Status

Great tips Chris! I am glad you are posting the rules and suggestions. We have so many beautiful LTX cars here. Its a real shame whenever I see them being posted in someones driveway, or with a lousy cell phone.

Remember people, the point of showing off your car that you have spent time and money too look good, is that you offer the same time and effort when taking its picture. Go some place that shows off your car well. Take many high resolution pics with the best camera you have. Don't have a good camera? I bet you know someone who does that would probably let you borrow one, or even take pics of your car for you. This is where great pics come from. Being creative, taking your time, and most of all, putting in some effort rather than spending all day waxing your car to end up taking 3 seconds to take a lousy shot with your cell phone from your pocket of the car sitting in the driveway.
    1995 Z28 - disfunctional now, perhaps insane after its "treatment"
    1998 Formula WS6 -Heads, cam, intake, bolt ons 441RWHP

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    JeremY
    Vehicle
    1972 NovA

Current POTM Rules as of April 30, 2015:

1. One win per user every 3 months.

2. Picture must be of your own or other LTXTECH Members car. In the event of another members car, you can nominate that member.

3. The top 75% of submissions will be accepted, rounded down to the nearest whole number.

4. To kept the spirit of the image and the vehicle, the staff appreciates that no people be in the image to skew the voting threads.
    (Action pictures that have a driver that can be seen will be accepted.)

5. Images should be thought out and well planned. The ones chosen for voting are based on quality, idea and general picture etiquette. i.e wheels turned the wrong way, trees growing out of cars, extremely bad sun/shadow usage or size/resolution or image. I do not choose pictures based on my opinion of anyone's vehicle and if anyone feels that way, please speak your mind in a post or PM.

6. Must be a LTX Powered vehicle. Engine swaps count towards awesome points.

Note 1: Cell phone images used to be very poor quality. This is no longer the norm, so don't be intimidated to submit because you don't have high-speed photography equipment.
    '72 Nova "HadeSS"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JCzNova For This Post: