Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Thread: New LT1

Default New LT1

I looked back a couple of pages and didn't see a post on the subject, so thought I'd throw it out there ...

What will GM calling their new V8 engine "LT1" do towards this forum? When the LTx shootout requires an LTx engine, will the new one fall into the category? Or will it start being a SBC2 block which will be required?

[rant] I really don't know what GM was thinking when it decided to use the "LT1" moniker for the third time (though the first time was actually LT-1) ... seems like it is put in place to make things really confusing. And to add to the confusion, the LT1/LT2/LT3 has been used on trucks of the past few years to denote a specific option level for the vehicle. You'd think with 26 letters and nine numbers available (if they want to stick with their three character code system), they could let their imaginations run a little wild or maybe even be a little more creative. Even if the reasoning was to utilize the next in sequence from "S" to "T", they could have skipped it and made it an LR1 or something. Just boggles the mind. [/rant]
    94 Z28 LT1 M6 - ​SOLD

"The Hammer"

Status
    Name
    JimmyMo
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

If you go to the main forum page and scroll the subsections, there is already a subsection for the new engine, Labeled Gen V performance
    "Only in the Corps can you put three guys in a room with an anvil and a rubber mallet, come back 15 min later, and the anvil is broken, the rubber mallet is missing, and nobody saw a damned thing!"

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Moved via tapatalk... Hope it worked ok.

Larry (Popo8) Co-owner
    LTXtech.com

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

If you'd like, Larry, please just grab my rant portion and throw it in the other thread which was already started. If I'd have seen that thread in the first place, it would have been placed there. Sorry for rehashing a created thread. This thread can be deleted. Thanks Bro!
    94 Z28 LT1 M6 - ​SOLD

3.4L to LT1 Swapper

Status
    Name
    Brian Meissen
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro "Red Alert"; 2022 Camaro LT1 RS

Yeah I don't know what GM was thinking with the name but the trim levels you're talking about -- aren't they 1LT, 2LT, 3LT? I know on the Camaro and other cars it's 1LT, 2LT, 1SS, 2SS. On the 5th gen sites it drives me nuts when folks say they have an "Camaro LT1" and I'm all "No you have a Camaro 1LT.

- Brian Meissen -
    "Magic Man" - LTxTech
    Owner - Michigan FBody Association

1994 Chevrolet Camaro "Red Alert" [ LT1 Transplant ]
    2022 Chevrolet Camaro LT1 RS "Cherry Bomb 6.2"

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by meissen View Post
    Yeah I don't know what GM was thinking with the name but the trim levels you're talking about -- aren't they 1LT, 2LT, 3LT? I know on the Camaro and other cars it's 1LT, 2LT, 1SS, 2SS. On the 5th gen sites it drives me nuts when folks say they have an "Camaro LT1" and I'm all "No you have a Camaro 1LT.
    Sean pointed out a neat stat... I think it was same amount of time between 1st gen lt-1 and our lt1.. And now the same amt of time btwn ours and tge upcoming one.

Larry (Popo8) Co-owner
    LTXtech.com

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

"The Hammer"

Status
    Name
    JimmyMo
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Sean pointed out a neat stat... I think it was same amount of time between 1st gen lt-1 and our lt1.. And now the same amt of time btwn ours and tge upcoming one.

Larry (Popo8) Co-owner
    LTXtech.com
    I remember seeing that. I thought it was pretty cool
    "Only in the Corps can you put three guys in a room with an anvil and a rubber mallet, come back 15 min later, and the anvil is broken, the rubber mallet is missing, and nobody saw a damned thing!"