Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by meissen View Post
    It's hard because there's trashy websites like LS1Tech and YellowBullet that - while they have a lot of information on their site - are a complete free for all with no rules. Sites like that where you can bash people until you're blue in the face just aren't my cup of tea. People don't understand that sites like here are meant to be more family oriented and held to a higher standard -- where you actually feel like you're part of our family. Because they don't understand that, any attempt at cleaning up threads or keeping things civil is perceived as being controlling, nazi, censoring, etc. I get it all the time on my site, yet we very rarely intervene in threads. Unfortunately it just comes with the territory. Eventually people realize that as owners of the site you control what is on the site and there is no such thing as free speech on the internet... unless you own the server, the site, etc.
    Bingo. Anyone PMing you Larry calling this place the "communist republic of Popo" or whatever aren't the type of people we need here. If you delete someones thread or post for being derogatory, it deserved. You are on top of that more than anyone else IMO, and that's what's making this such a great place. I think you're doing a fantastic job.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    CHRIS
    Vehicle
    94 CAMARO.

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    So I'm coming to you all for some constructive criticism. As many of you know back in the beginning of August we had some big changes here with the site.

For those that dont know, the Brewer Brother's sold me their shares and I partnered up with Sean W (Fastbird) as Co-owners of this wonderful site. And with the EXPERTISE of our other Admin (MEISSEN) I think the site has been operating as close to flawless as it ever has since I joined... I also took over the LTX facebook page and with the help of Miss Popo have been trying to make the activity on there to POP.

I'm only asking for critisism on me and my connection with all that is LTX.... if the other guys want criticism, I'm sure they will chime it (but I wouldn't want anyone giving criticism to anyone who does not ask for it.

Personally, I think that Fastbird and Meissen are the cats meow...lol... Couldnt ask for anything more from my Co-owner and Co-Admins...

So I come to you all asking...How am I doing???.... Recently, Ive had some issues with one members, who have left and not come back.... Ive had people message me things like, "Welcome to the communist ltxtech of popo where opinions are shunned," simply because I deleted comments that were derogatory towards someone else in our community, or negative for no reason... I remember one person telling me that Im 2 defensive or on a power trip......I know JOKES have been made that my new nick name is LOCKTITE because I have locked a few threads that I didnt want to see get any uglier...I have even seen some complain in other places about me from when I tried squashing a thread that had taken a multi page ugly turn on here....

Most of the time I have a pretty thick skin, but I figured, maybe its time to have everyone else s perspective.

Not saying I'm perfect, or that these negative things aren't true... but I figured I would come to you all to tell me....

How Am I Doing....?
    I saw one of the threads and was a bit surprised by almost interrogative nature of some of your posts. I do understand sometimes its hard to turn off the ever vigilant and suspicious nature of being a leo. Imo just relax a little and take them at face value. If some one is a fake they will hang themselves in due time.

It's hard because there's trashy websites like LS1Tech and YellowBullet that - while they have a lot of information on their site - are a complete free for all with no rules. Sites like that where you can bash people until you're blue in the face just aren't my cup of tea. People don't understand that sites like here are meant to be more family oriented and held to a higher standard -- where you actually feel like you're part of our family. Because they don't understand that, any attempt at cleaning up threads or keeping things civil is perceived as being controlling, nazi, censoring, etc. I get it all the time on my site, yet we very rarely intervene in threads. Unfortunately it just comes with the territory. Eventually people realize that as owners of the site you control what is on the site and there is no such thing as free speech on the internet... unless you own the server, the site, etc.

I can see were some people think yb is one big romper room. but there is only 2 sections that are not moderated. Here is a post buy the mod in the gun section. Its a pretty good representaion of most section.

O.C White
    This place has many great people who frequent the forum and everyone's input, help, suggestions, experiences are all welcome here. You may get challenged on your position but I'd like to make sure it's all kept friendly, decent language, patient, normal stuff that most of you have a grasp on.

You may challenge ones position and claim, but not an attack. Hard to draw the line but I think if we make an effort to be decent and patient in our approach as we are typing away on the keyboard, we will have a more successful point being made.

If the flavor of the thread begins to get sour and it is not about the content of the forum it'll have to get deleted or closed.

We typically do not come to a resolve on an internet message board. Something to keep in mind before we get too wrapped up in one thread.

Now before someone says, "I think I read this before" maybe you have just a few words have been modified from the original that another author wrote and I was allowed with his permission.
    http://ltxtech.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3572&dateline=1317253  626

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BIG CAT For This Post:

VIP Member

Status

You're doing great, I visit the site as much as Facebook now lol.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan Stout For This Post:

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Stan Wells
    Vehicle
    1997 WS6 Trans Am

Your doing great, you have a direction and a commitment to get there. Pretty obvious to me you'r trying to be a fair a possible. This is a great community, your personality adds to it. Keep doin' what your doin' your on the right track.

1997 WS6 TA, Adj. Panhard, Spohn's F/R adj. tubular LCA's, Edelbrock 3 point front strut tower brace, rear relocation brackets, SFC's, Hooker cat back, full poly kit, 8.5 MSD wires, PCMfor less tune, transgo stage 2 shift kit + + and all the free mods.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SWells For This Post:

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Vehicle
    1992 convertible camaro

If I didn't like it here. I wouldn't not help out when I can. I'd delete my Account and not come back.

As said above You can't please everyone.
    Your gonna make great friends and make some enemies along the way.
    Be YOURSELF ,Do YOUR thing and roll with it.
    DON"T second guess your decisions or actions.

Both LTx here and on FB are growing with more n more activity so something must be getting done right.
    '92 vert with 383 LT1 | 78mm turbonetics turbo, Tial 50mm BOV , Tial 44mm waste gate | Ported heads | Intake Drilled for MSD Pro Billet Distrib|Callies crank & rods | JE Pistons | T56 | spohon suspention.
    '97 Camaro LT1 /T56 | Longtubes | O/R Y pipe | Magnaflow cat back | K&N CAI | CSR EWP | Dynoed 292rwhp /321 rwtq Best et. 13.1@107 w/ 2.07 Sixty ft.
    ~Custom Made Billet Emblems | Thermal ,Ceramic & Powder Coatings ,etc.. Just PM me~

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FSTFBDY For This Post:

"Project Storm Trooper"

Status
    Name
    Tony
    Vehicle
    93 StormTrooper Z28

site is awesome, you guys are doing a great job.

Official Member of $30k Club ​- Work in progress
    1993 Z28- 24x EFI, Clayton Racing 383ci, F1a w/FMIC, AFR 210's, LE Custom cam, LE LT4 Intake/heads, 80# injectors, 255lph/340lph pumps, T56 Conversion, 9" 4.11 w/spool, LPP LT w/Borla, Full UMI suspension....
    1987 Iroc-Z - Stock Summer DD

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CamaroZGuy For This Post:

10 Second N/A Club

Status
    Name
    Josh
    Vehicle
    96 Z28

I think you, Sean, and Brian are doing a great job. I was gonna mention the informational but cluttered with unneeded posts on LS1Tech and the Bullet but Brian hit the nail on the head with this quoted post. Those sites are great for entertainment but you really have to search through some BS to get a good answer, not the case here. I can brouse this site here and not fear something questionable poping up if a supervisor is standing behind me. Keep it up guys, and Miss Popo!

-Josh
    co-owner of BDBRacing.com
    NMCA OC 9004
    96, N/A 385, Holley EFI, Faceplated M6, AI TFS heads, LE SR cam, MWC Fab 9
    10.16 @ 136 1.50 60'........still workin on that 60' shootin for 1.4's!

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Thank You all for taking the time to let me (and US) know how you feel. Your comments are truly appreciated.

Once again, I would like to give a big thanks to FastBird and Meissen for making the flawless operations of this forum possible...as well as all of our moderators, who keep thinks smooth and friendly, and last but not least, to all of you ...all of our members for making this the best forum/site around!

And to that special someone who feels " LTXTech= grown men holding hands and singing songs of world peace. All other conduct is shunned. I'll stick with the ******** over here. " sorry you feel that way.
    Last edited by popo8; 12-11-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Kyle
    Vehicle
    '95 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    And to that special someone who feels " LTXTech= grown men holding hands and singing songs of world peace. All other conduct is shunned. I'll stick with the ******** over here. " sorry you feel that way.
    well sounds like someone needs kicked in the face
    Kyle

just ur everyday slow LT1. wanna try her out?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SexyTransAm For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by SexyTransAm View Post
    well sounds like someone needs kicked in the face
    LOL... everyone is entitled to their opinion... Im not gonna say it doesn't bother me....because it does. And I know, it shouldn't....but Im really trying here, and I know everyone is....and Im proud of what we all have....and even though the consensus is "you can never make everyone happy," I was still trying to.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast