Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

I've got a double row timing chain behind an unmodified stock cover. Clearance was close so I just used an extra gasket.
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    Mods: 9:1 383 LT1, Ported Trick Flow heads, D1SC Procharger, 4L80E, 3.50 9"
    Check out the M122 MCSS build thread here!

The Wind Technician

Status
    Name
    Adam
    Vehicle
    2017 Ram 2500

Yea. I welded the crank sensor hole. Ao if any one is obd1 and wants to switch to the pin drive opti I have a timing cover and a MSD opti for sale.
    Adam
    2014 Silverado Z71 5.3 Tuscany "Badlander"
    2013 Malibu LS
    2000 Camaro Z28 LS1
    1998 Harley-Davidson XL1200S

Lurker

Status

I'm not sure if I should add my questions here or make a whole new post, but I too have questions about this conversion and more about what is "needed" in the wire harness portion of the conversion. I have pretty much committed my car to be a track only toy, right now it would be nice to use the factory guages so I don't have to build out a new dash, so I like the ability to use my own guages with this setup, however I have pretty much deleted everything else and would probably want to delete more if I could. so the questions I have are:
    What is the bare minimum that needs to be wired up for the car to run and be tuned while using the stock guages?
    Can you delete the VATS and still use the LS1 computer?

I currently have the fans and water pump in individual switches in my dash panel (rewired myself, and yes I am using fuses and relays), so i is not like I need circuts for those, I still have the stock lights using the stock circuits and same with the windows and door locks, but other than that pretty much every other system was deleted including wiring from my car.

And last question, in my case would it just be better to move the pinouts rather than buying a harness since it will only be the bare minimum?
    John Pszenyczniak - Bolt-on only 95 Formula A4 11.561 @ 118.00 w/ 1.572 60' Thanks for parts, advise, and support from the LT1 bolt-on experts at Herron Performance and to Frank Cahall @ CPT for the best Race Rebuilt 4L60E on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    Only negative is price if you get the complete deal (like I did, all I got used was a '96-97 timing cover). But it's a well thought out setup and worth it if you plan on keeping the LT.
    After installing the 24x system, what's stopping you from dropping any old gen I sbc in there? Why couldn't you go big-inch small block?

InActive Member

Status

Call me crazy but I actually like fuel injection. Nothing wrong with carbed motors tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker Z28 View Post
    Call me crazy but I actually like fuel injection. Nothing wrong with carbed motors tho.
    Yeah, I'd never go carbed.

Just thinking being able to use conventional blocks might open up some opportunities, further the evolution of the LT1.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234