Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Founding Member

Status

Indeed. Same car- much better vid. I used to have a whole lot of videos from back then. Not so much anymore. Sorry to hijack your thread. Last one, I promise

1997 Camaro Z28

Lots of visual horsepower, full bolt-ons, and a little spray....

Quote Originally Posted by quik95lt1 View Post
    yea so back to the tune..........do what i said before you make yourself a paperweight lol

VIP Member

Status

Friends cobra. That's just a pullied Eaton. Th400 swap after he shattered the t56

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=hdq4pUonf24

Or my personal favorite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF2p2Vy2POo
    Last edited by Badbird_96; 08-29-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Prev: 94 Formula V8 M6 - R.I.P. / 96 Trans Am WS6 M6 - Sold / 00 Firebird 3.8 M5 - Sold
    Current: 94 Camaro Z28 A4
    Jesse

Founding Member

Status

GOOD LORD!

How have I never stubled across that? That was awesome!

1997 Camaro Z28

Lots of visual horsepower, full bolt-ons, and a little spray....

Quote Originally Posted by quik95lt1 View Post
    yea so back to the tune..........do what i said before you make yourself a paperweight lol

LTx Mod, Founding Member

Status

Dont worry, no hijack. All my threads are open to convos like this, and I like it.... Lets us discuss it rather than just having one comment and then no more input. Im the one who started the KB Cobra discussion anyways

And that silver KB cobra burn is my top fav video of them, saw that one awhile back. All it did was reinforce my love for em.

Very nice burn on that black cobra aswell...
    Nick

- 2003 SVT Cobra T56/4.6L - Pullied, Tuned, Full Intake/Exhaust, Stg3 Clutch (29k) - 483rwhp @14-15psi
    - 2002 Ford F350 7.3L Powerstroke - Edge Evo II/33" BFG AT TAs/4" MBRP Turbo Back + Intake (164k)
    - 1995 Pontiac Firehawk #224 (Chameleon) - Full Bolton/Cammed/Full Suspension (71k) - 12.75 @ 107.94
    http://www.fquick.com/Fixxer777

3.4L to LT1 Swapper

Status
    Name
    Brian Meissen
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro "Red Alert"; 2022 Camaro LT1 RS

I'd get an auto trans with a manual valve body, like a th350 or something. Or just have your tuner set up your trans part of the tune like mine is - if I use the gear select and go lower than overdrive, it will not exceed that gear until I move the shifter. So if I put it in 2nd, it will shift from 1st to 2nd, but it won't shift out of 2nd until I put it into D/3rd gear.

- Brian Meissen -
    "Magic Man" - LTxTech
    Owner - Michigan FBody Association

1994 Chevrolet Camaro "Red Alert" [ LT1 Transplant ]
    2022 Chevrolet Camaro LT1 RS "Cherry Bomb 6.2"

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxer99TA View Post
    Yeah, been having thoughts of either going all out with the hawk and slowly building up the little 93 notchback 5.0 mustang 5 speed I got a few years back... OR... dun dun dun....

Selling that mustang, holding off on the hawk for awhile, and buying a 2003-04 cobra and throwing the KB on it. Ive always wanted one, only mustang I like other than the 5.0s because of modability. Even though the 5.slow sucks right now, I still have a ton of fun ripping gears in that little shitbox
    friend of mine has a red special edition cobra vert with 8,000 miles on it... unmolested for sale.... pm me if interested...

as for the swap... i dont know that i would do it... i love my 6spd... but i also love having the vette in auto.... choices keep everything fresh.... but its up to u... for me its 2 much work... id just find another car with the variety.....

Larry (Popo8) Co-owner
    LTXtech.com

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

LTx Mod, Founding Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by meissen View Post
    I'd get an auto trans with a manual valve body, like a th350 or something. Or just have your tuner set up your trans part of the tune like mine is - if I use the gear select and go lower than overdrive, it will not exceed that gear until I move the shifter. So if I put it in 2nd, it will shift from 1st to 2nd, but it won't shift out of 2nd until I put it into D/3rd gear.
    I have that, and my selector is 1-2-3-D-R-P.... And it holds it to and wont shift past what particular gear I have it in... But I just loveeee ripping gears, you know what I mean

Not exactly sure whats done to the trans simply because its the only thing I didnt do myself (only thing done before I bought it, other than 1.6 rockers), but I know its got a few tidbits and the 3500 stall... Thing shifts hard (in a good way) as hell at WOT with the "trans perform" button on... and every other car Ive been in that had that button really didnt seem to make much of a difference on or off. Night and day in my car, with the button on (tightens up line pressure Im fairly sure on all cars, but must more on a car with a shiftkit or something) it chirps 1-2 pretty much every time (loud too) and even 2-3 sometimes. And were talking an automatic here...
    Last edited by Fixxer99TA; 08-30-2012 at 11:07 PM.
    Nick

- 2003 SVT Cobra T56/4.6L - Pullied, Tuned, Full Intake/Exhaust, Stg3 Clutch (29k) - 483rwhp @14-15psi
    - 2002 Ford F350 7.3L Powerstroke - Edge Evo II/33" BFG AT TAs/4" MBRP Turbo Back + Intake (164k)
    - 1995 Pontiac Firehawk #224 (Chameleon) - Full Bolton/Cammed/Full Suspension (71k) - 12.75 @ 107.94
    http://www.fquick.com/Fixxer777

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12