Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comp Cams?

Default Comp Cams?

Hey guys, I don't know much about cams, I would like to know how much work is involved in a cam swap? what other parts need to be changed as part of the job? Timing chain? Lifters? what is a good cam option for an almost stock LT1? and finally what are the estimated gains from this mod?

Founding Member

Status

1997 Camaro Z28

Lots of visual horsepower, full bolt-ons, and a little spray....

Quote Originally Posted by quik95lt1 View Post
    yea so back to the tune..........do what i said before you make yourself a paperweight lol

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    KYLE
    Vehicle
    95 MQBM Z28

Instead of going with a large company such as comp cams, that grinds cams for every single motor ever made, your much better suited to contact lloyd eliot or advanced induction that devotes their buisness strictly to the lt platform.... they will be able to help with you with any questions you may have and will grind you a cam that will get you the most out of your set up...

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    KYLE
    Vehicle
    95 MQBM Z28

Ohhh and btw I know of someone that has a bone stock bottom end, stock heads with upgraded springs and a good size hydraulic rollerfrom andvanced induction and it makes 370 to the tires through a m6 and stock ten bolt and runs high 12's!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Wheat View Post
    That's why I needed, thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by dawdaw View Post
    Instead of going with a large company such as comp cams, that grinds cams for every single motor ever made, your much better suited to contact lloyd eliot or advanced induction that devotes their buisness strictly to the lt platform.... they will be able to help with you with any questions you may have and will grind you a cam that will get you the most out of your set up...
    Great, I will check it out

10 Second N/A Club

Status
    Name
    Josh
    Vehicle
    96 Z28

Instead of going with a large company such as comp cams, that grinds cams for every single motor ever made, your much better suited to contact lloyd eliot or advanced induction that devotes their buisness strictly to the lt platform.... they will be able to help with you with any questions you may have and will grind you a cam that will get you the most
    out of your set up...
    What he said

I wont disagree that a custom ground cam is the best option.

But before you do anything you need to decided what you want out of the car. what you want to do with it. Also you going to need a tune. If you don't have a local tuner you will have to do a mail order. I personally think a mail order tuner will do better with off the shelf cams.

Lurker

Status

Instead of going with a large company such as comp cams, that grinds cams for every single motor ever made, your much better suited to contact lloyd eliot or advanced induction that devotes their buisness strictly to the lt platform
    Lloyd has his grinds done by Comp now. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    1997 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 clone | Build Thread | - just needs paint!
    2001 Chevy Silverado 2500HD (the DD)

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1994 formy
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamG View Post
    I wont disagree that a custom ground cam is the best option.

But before you do anything you need to decided what you want out of the car. what you want to do with it. Also you going to need a tune. If you don't have a local tuner you will have to do a mail order. I personally think a mail order tuner will do better with off the shelf cams.
    deffinitly. i did a mail order tune with my custom cam and i still dont have everything sorted yet, and its not like the cam was super extreme

383, Eagle crank, scat rods, Mahle pistons, 238/248 .565 cam. 3k stall, AFR 210 heads, Pacesetter LT, 58 MM TB and a few other goodies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast