Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    InActive Member

Status

Default My Build. LE2, full suspension, big brakes.

Figured Id update everyone on my favorite forum as to the happenings of my LT1. As well as show off a tad bit

I have owned my 1995 Chevy Caprice Classic, 9c1 for 6 years now. Its an ex police cruiser that at one point was poorly cloned out into an Impala SS. Over the years the exterior has gone through many stages of disarray and black rattle cans. But where the outside suffered, the inner workings got pampered. I have gone through 5, 4l60es, 2 rear ends, 3 posi units, 2 sets of springs, and more sets of brakes than I can recall. In January of 2011 I decided to pull the engine and rebuild it on the cheap. All in preparation of a road trip to watch some top fuel drag racing. A couple thousand dollars and a few months lost. The rebuild was a total failure and the car sat engine less for 9 months.

Fast foreword to January 2012 The year of credit card debt . After BadBlackZee so kindly donated the LT1 we pulled from his Camaro, my B body would see mods once again. Off to the machine shop it went to get tooled. Shot peened, baked, punched .030 over, align honed mains and cam bores and ARP studs and rod bolts. Heads were sent out to Lloyd Elliot to become LE2s and be matched up to a custom LE grind cam. 224/230 .573/.568 110 LSA.

I then picked up a set of Hotchkiss upper and lower rear trailing arms. Dick Miller Racing triangulation links to help my wet noodle of a rear frame. And a set of Rustic Racing tubular upper and lower front A arms. A Hotchkiss rear sway bar and a second gen F body front sway bar. Then a level 3 CPT 4l60e behind a Precision Industries 2800 stall triple disk converter. I am also finally able to install my Kore3 325mm C5 Z06 front brake upgrade. It has spend the past 2 years looking pretty in cardboard boxes.

Now, considerably over budget and in the middle of March. Most of the parts are finally coming together. I sandblasted everything I could fit in my cabinet and painted everything with POR-15. Stuff is not cheap by anyones standards. But it goes on sooooo smooth and its as tough as nails. Anyway, theres many little things I am forgetting that add up to numbers I dont want to think about right now. So, on to the pics!!!

LE Port Work!

95 Impala SS Clone

That engine compartment looks excellent! When will you be ready to fire it up?
    '94 coupe, 10.15 at 133.65 414" LT1, 4500 stall, n/a, pump gas, mufflers, street trim
    '15 Z/28, Red Hot, AC, Autocross beast

InActive Member

Status

Thanks, I am hoping to have it started by mid April. I still have to plumb a few oil coolers, as well as paint the front clip.
    95 Impala SS Clone

InActive Member

Status

Looks amazing Brad. I have some pretty cool shots I will send you that I took here and there throughout it. Wish I was around more, but you know my situation :/
    1993 A3 Z28 (oversized ornament)

Lurker

Status

Looks great bud, nice work

LTx Mod, Founding Member

Status

Very nice, I like to see the time spent on making everything spotless too...

But I have to ask, what car project doesnt eventually go overbudget?
    Nick

- 2003 SVT Cobra T56/4.6L - Pullied, Tuned, Full Intake/Exhaust, Stg3 Clutch (29k) - 483rwhp @14-15psi
    - 2002 Ford F350 7.3L Powerstroke - Edge Evo II/33" BFG AT TAs/4" MBRP Turbo Back + Intake (164k)
    - 1995 Pontiac Firehawk #224 (Chameleon) - Full Bolton/Cammed/Full Suspension (71k) - 12.75 @ 107.94
    http://www.fquick.com/Fixxer777

InActive Member

Status

Thanks guys. Car is slowly coming together. Taking much longer than expected but its turning out better than anticipated. Post up them pics Mano. I've been too busy trying to complete it to take many pictures. Plug wires and accessory bracket should be on this evening. I'll take a few more pics.
    95 Impala SS Clone

1986 Z28 SS ?

Status

That motor bay looks flawless man, everything is coming together really well! good luck on the rest of your build
    What is a camaro? "A small viscious animal that eats Mustangs" 1986 LTX

InActive Member

Status

Everything is ridiculously flawless on this thing...

WP_000995.jpg
    1993 A3 Z28 (oversized ornament)

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    JeremY
    Vehicle
    1972 NovA

Beautiful job coming together! That POR-15 is amazing stuff. Use quite a bit of it in the military.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast