Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Daniel Trott
    Vehicle
    94 Caprice

That is awesome man..... where did you get your valve covers and headers they look like long tube headers if I'm not mistaking???

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Daniel Trott
    Vehicle
    94 Caprice

that thing looks awesome if you don't mind me asking where did you get the valve covers and headers they look like long tube headers

Lurker

Status
    Name
    6 speed Impy
    Vehicle
    1991 Z-28, 355, HSR, M6--2005 CTS-V (SOLD)--1994 Impala SS 6 Speed Swap--Have all blocks covered.

Very Nice. How is that right side valve cover clearance to the alternator with those covers?? Or did you persuade the cover or trim the alt??

Mike

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Very nice!!! Keep the progress and pics comin. 6 speed impy is ir guy to copy off if u want flawless. You should see his ride!

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

InActive Member

Status

The valve covers are Proform covers off summit. They fit fine with no modification of the alternator or brackets. If I had an F body accessory bracket then some grinding of the alternator would be needed. Installed the same set on a friend's 383 Camaro and had to do some grinding. If you have bing roller rockers you will have to gut the baffles inside the valve covers to make room for the rockers. I used moroso rubber grommets with a baffle to help block oil from the PCV system. Only issue with these covers is I cannot find a set of plugs that do not leak or fall out after a few hundred miles of driving.

The headers I had on the car in the previous pics were a set of Flow Tech afterburner's. They were absolute junk and constantly leaked/needed bolts retightened. After the welds cracked I bit the bullet and purchased a set of Clear Image Automotive 2nd generation Tri Y's. Best decision yet. No leaks, look great and never come loose like the Flow Tech. I will say car sounded better with the flow techs but I'll take functionality over sound.

InActive Member

Status

Don't think I've updated in a wile. Car now has a 6 speed T56 and billet flywheel in it. After my pricey 500 WHP 4l60 died I decided that no one can build a 4l60 and swapped in a T56. No issues at all except it's a bear to drive with the cam ground for a 3600 rpm stall auto. Much rather change a clutch every now and again than a multi thousand dollar automatic. Besides manual transmissions are more fun and reliable. I swapped in a big Be Cool Radiator and stock fans. Need to fix a CFM issue now causing the ac to shut off on high pressure when stopped at lighta. So the be cool may be coming out if I can't fit better fans on it. Fixed my broken power seats and preparing for a quick plasti dip job as soon as I ether fix my opti issues or convert to a carburetor and proper distributor. LT1 Fun. Almost as much as a boat lol.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456