Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

..............http://www.034motorsport.com/fabrica...-or-p-668.html to the largest filter you can put on the car.
    When It still looked like one.
    The First 8 Second LT1 Of Any Kind

>$25K Build Club Ambassador

Status
    Name
    Brett
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro Z28, 1927 LTX Ford Roadster

I'm using a K&N shorter filter on the inside of the bumper skin. I've got the factory procharger inlet hat, and custom piping by Speed Inc. over to the inside of the bumper on the driver's side. Sounds about like what you've got. I don't mind the tight spaces, and I don't have any restriction issues. But then again, my little-man hands can fit into those spots...I don't have big-ass bear claws like you PoPo
    '97 Z28...Sleeper 648 RWHP 585 TQ - Speed INC Tuned! 383, F1A, blah blah

Current Project: 1927 Model T Roadster - LTX/M6 Powerplant!
    Build Thread: http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread...oadster-Build!

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by Z8's View Post
    ..............http://www.034motorsport.com/fabrica...-or-p-668.html to the largest filter you can put on the car.

Well, the aluminum one we made, is just as nice if not nice, but its good to know THAT exists for others.... Thank you, however if put a filter on the end of that it would be pointing straight to the ground and I dont know if there is enough clearance....

Quote Originally Posted by QC97Z View Post
    I'm using a K&N shorter filter on the inside of the bumper skin. I've got the factory procharger inlet hat, and custom piping by Speed Inc. over to the inside of the bumper on the driver's side. Sounds about like what you've got. I don't mind the tight spaces, and I don't have any restriction issues. But then again, my little-man hands can fit into those spots...I don't have big-ass bear claws like you PoPo

man... I gotta tell you..... big hands suck... they dont fit anywhere and they make my junk look small... lol......

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    CHRIS
    Vehicle
    94 CAMARO.

go with the biggest filter that will fit. we run a 4" home made inlet pipe the goes to the drivers front fender area. big k&n cone filter. i would rather make a little less power than risk tearing up the supercharger.
    http://ltxtech.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3572&dateline=1317253  626

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by BIG CAT View Post
    go with the biggest filter that will fit. we run a 4" home made inlet pipe the goes to the drivers front fender area. big k&n cone filter. i would rather make a little less power than risk tearing up the supercharger.

Thats basically what my set up is currently. And I understand the safety over risk thing.... but, what if I did one of those mushroom looking airfilters, right on the end of the blower. Do you think that will be to much heat?

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    CHRIS
    Vehicle
    94 CAMARO.

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Thats basically what my set up is currently. And I understand the safety over risk thing.... but, what if I did one of those mushroom looking airfilters, right on the end of the blower. Do you think that will be to much heat?
    I wouldn't go that route for the street. You could probably get away with it at the track. But there is a ton of heat buildup in there.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by BIG CAT View Post
    I wouldn't go that route for the street. You could probably get away with it at the track. But there is a ton of heat buildup in there.
    Why wouldnt you do that though? Because of the heat?

9 Second N/A Club

Status

like big cat said larry i wouldn't go with the filter right off the blower your going to be pulling in hot air which obv is no bueno for a blower application........id pipe the inlet to the front bumper and run the largest filter you can fit.......screens are no good either do the math on one of the actual area of the screen itself vs the open part of the screen and you will be supprised the amount of space that is cut down vs a filter...........id run an un-oiled K&N
    95 LTx Z28 Quasar Blue---NA 385 c.i. Advanced Induciton HCI, TH350, #3290-- 9.77 @ 138.4
    2010 & 2011 LTX Shootout Modified Naturally Aspirated Champion
    2012 LTX Shootout Modified Naturally Aspirated Top Qualifier and Runner Up---LTX Shootout MOD NA Top ET Record Holder

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by quik95lt1 View Post
    like big cat said larry i wouldn't go with the filter right off the blower your going to be pulling in hot air which obv is no bueno for a blower application........id pipe the inlet to the front bumper and run the largest filter you can fit.......screens are no good either do the math on one of the actual area of the screen itself vs the open part of the screen and you will be supprised the amount of space that is cut down vs a filter...........id run an un-oiled K&N

Thats what Im gonna do.... Im gonna just revamp the way it works to the front.......then do one of those adapters so I can go bigger than the 4" where the cone attaches...

Thank You everyone.....

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    CHRIS
    Vehicle
    94 CAMARO.

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Thats what Im gonna do.... Im gonna just revamp the way it works to the front.......then do one of those adapters so I can go bigger than the 4" where the cone attaches...

Thank You everyone.....
    Sorry for not responding to your last post I missed it.
    The heat builds crazy fast. Not to mention the air flow sucks even with a cowl hood.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast