Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cam Advice

InActive Member

Status

That cam on a stock motor will need some high rpms to get anything out of t and then you will be past what your heads will deliver.

I have a custom grind that is slightly smaller than that. I am running it on a stock bottom end with touched up heads and it runs good. I got it from Futural Motorsports.
    1996 ss m6 white and black hardtop
    custom everything, cam, heads, 8.8 w/4.10s, duals you name it.

OP, you're getting some good advice here. That cam is pretty big to start off with. You will need the heads, valvetrain, stall, gears, etc to support a cam that size.

What part of Louisiana? I'm in Baton Rouge.

Thanks for all the advice, I guess a cam won't be the first of my worries then. Headers and gears, here I come.

I'm in Shreveport

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    CHRIS
    Vehicle
    94 CAMARO.

that's a good cam for making big power. we have ran 8.96 with it in a 383 and a ysi.
    http://ltxtech.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3572&dateline=1317253  626

Quote Originally Posted by BIG CAT View Post
    that's a good cam for making big power. we have ran 8.96 with it in a 383 and a ysi.
    Jesus that is fast, I'm not looking for that much power lol. I still want it to be steerable, I just want to shut some mustangs and cobras up

Lurker

Status

Coming from a person that was going to just swap in a cc503, do the whole works and take it nice and easy on the build. From what i thought was just going to be a simple cam and valvetrain upgrade ended up being a whole engine rebuild, heads ported, custom cam, etc...

The way I see it is "if im this far into it, i mind as well do..."

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    CHRIS
    Vehicle
    94 CAMARO.

Quote Originally Posted by Deet44 View Post
    Jesus that is fast, I'm not looking for that much power lol. I still want it to be steerable, I just want to shut some mustangs and cobras up
    i would look for some thing smaller. this cam wants to idle at 1000 to 1100 and is not what i would call street car friendly.
    http://ltxtech.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3572&dateline=1317253  626

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12