Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

InActive Member

Status

Default brother gettin out...need help usmc

I'm in camp pendleton ca and I need to get to rapid city SD...anybody able to help a brother out?

InActive Member

Status

If you are getting out, the military should pay for your way back home. Also, if you can do the travel before your orders end, there is a thing called "Space A", or as other wise known Space Availability on military jets like I fly. Go to any Air Force base that has cargo aircraft (like Travis AFB near San Francisco), then go to the PAX terminal and look to see where they are going and how many seats they are releasing. If you can find one that is going somewhere near the location you are looking for, they will take you there for free.

If you were somewhere in the midwest, I would gladly help you out.
    1995 Z28 - disfunctional now, perhaps insane after its "treatment"
    1998 Formula WS6 -Heads, cam, intake, bolt ons 441RWHP

InActive Member

Status

Yea well the marine corp. Doesn't give two shits if you're getting out....its sad really. I'm moving back to south Dakota and heading to Laramie Wyoming for diesel courses with wyotech.

InActive Member

Status

All what I posted above should be correct for all branches, including the USMC.
    1995 Z28 - disfunctional now, perhaps insane after its "treatment"
    1998 Formula WS6 -Heads, cam, intake, bolt ons 441RWHP

"The Hammer"

Status
    Name
    JimmyMo
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

It is and it isn't. They will only pay for a move to your home of record or somewhere closer. If the OP's home of record is in cali, then moving to SD is almost entirely on his own dime. If it's somewhere in between, then they will pay for the distance to the home of record and the OP is liable for the extra distance. If his home of record is farther than SD, then they will pay for the entire move.

If someone gets out on a BCD or OTH, then the military will only pay for a bus ticket back to the home of record.

Yes, the military will pay for your move back home, but only as far as your home of record. Depending on your rank, you'd get a certain amount of weight allowence and I think it's like 24 cents a mile per vehicle up to 2 vehicles and you get per diem based on how many days the DoD guidelines say it should take you to get to your destination.

When you do your seps/tamps, you should get all the paper work you need to go to the travel people and fill out a claim. Unless pendleton is different from lejuene, I believe it is one of the required items on the base checkout sheet before you can leave.
    "Only in the Corps can you put three guys in a room with an anvil and a rubber mallet, come back 15 min later, and the anvil is broken, the rubber mallet is missing, and nobody saw a damned thing!"