Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Thread: BFH Mod pics?

InActive Member

Status

Default BFH Mod pics?

Looking to Re lower my car again with my 17x11 ZR1's, just need to beat in the fender wells. Anyone on here done this and had it turn out good, i have been putting it off cause i dont want a bunch of hammer marks and it looking like shit. Has anyone found a better or cleaner way of doing this? post your pics!

l COLORADO l 95 Z28 M6 l Cammed l Bolt Ons l

VIP Member

Status

Ive always painted the inner wells black, helps hide hammer marks where ya cant get it semi smooth. After you get your clearance, hit with the top, flat side of the hammer to smooth it out some. once the cars lowered you really wont see where you clearanced the wells unless the cars in the air or on a jack
    because jack stand racecar

Some guys beat it in pretty good and use spray in bed liner and repaint that black when it drys. Looks stock.
    1994 TRANS AM GT: A4,3.23 / Cai / Borla exhaust / Strano Springs / Koni Yellows
    ltxtech.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43&dateline=123810500  2

InActive Member

Status

Ya i know you cant see it when your driving, only when the wheels are off, but i still want it to look good! thanks for the info!

Post Whore Moderator

Status

I didn't beat a damn thing on my car. I took a grinder to it. 5 minutes max on each side. Rattle canned black afterwards. Never rubbed once.

~Shane
    94 Z M6 304hp/336tq
    12.61 @ 109.7

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    1995 Camaro Z28

which drop did u put on it?
    95 z28- 6spd, edelbrock headers, k & n fipk, flowmaster exhaust 2othl, 160 thermostat, hypertech programmer, 182k miles and counting.
    05 dodge ram rumble bee #1511- pretty much exactly the same bolt ons w/way less miles on it.

Lurker

Status

I've never had problems with the inner wells... its only been the fender lips for my 315's... I'm not sure why you would need to beat in the inner wells.. rear lowered about 1.5" here.
    1993 z28 - stalled and bolted

InActive Member

Status

ya thats probably why you had to roll your lips... im running a 50mm offset which you are probably running a different one, finally got the car lowered!!! Only had to beat in a little bit, but im happy i dont have to roll the lips at all they still have good clearance!