Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1996 Firebird Formula

Excellent thread! I just bought Jet DST and ECMPro so this is providing me valuable info. I think I have a question that will provide some valuable info for me and others here. Here goes, I pulled my tune today and was looking at it when I noticed that the Speed Density box is checked. What does this affect and why would the tuner do it?

Also, will the TCC stuff make any difference in a m6 car?
    Last edited by brettmc; 07-20-2011 at 08:15 PM.
    96 Formula

InActive Member

Status

Can someone detail how to set up a gauge such as AEM 30-4100 to datalog?

I am waiting on delivery and want the guy installing the gauge to give me provision for hooking it to a lapto as they are advertised.

Will I use my logging softawre to grab the wideband - by say telling it to pull from the USB port my wideband gets pluged into?

I'm just not clear on how the gauge can give a tuner a log corresponding with the other data logged during a test drive.

Or - can I just compare visual AFR readings at certain drive points to other logged data as an assist?
    95 Z28 FORGED 355, JE 8.5:1 PISTONS, 230/239 - .530"/.546", 114 @ 110 CAM, stock heads, Pacesetter longtubes, 10 PSI from ATI P-1SC Procharger, 60#, 4L60E, Yank3600, 9" 3.73, ET Street 28x12.5x15, 3450lb

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Jim
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28

I know on my ngk afx it can be used VIA the Ac wiring circuit. Then simple calcs can be converted to afr. Usually just need the 5v signal.
    1996 camaro Z28, Clayton racing 398, Rossler TH350 rmvb with brake, FTI billet race converter 4400, Dana S60 with 4.10's, 300 shot, Accel DFI controlled, UMI, Spohn, PA racing, QA1's, Baer brakes, 325/45/17 M&H, Caged, Corbeau's, Simpson, etc.
    From zero to fuck yeah in 3 seconds.

Founding Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by hoursetraitor View Post
    cool thread. it would have saved me alot of headache had i seen it earlier
    I'm using tuner pro and tuner pro rt doesnt work with my car. So all I have been able to do is use winflash trial to read my stock bin and then in tuner pro i can compare bins and if i knew what to change i could flash it to the pcm. that part is cake, its the knowing what to change part thats got me. i could really uuse the locker but i bet I dont have enough posts yet to pm. so i have a 94 with the normal definition file but rt wont work with my car, datamaster did and other stuff did, but not tuner pro

PM'd.

Quote Originally Posted by lt1nova View Post
    Hey LSWho the website for tunercat in your original post has a s at the end and shouldn't.
    http://www.tunercat.com

I'm about to look into doing my own tuning again and appreciate the info.
    Fixed, thanks!

Founding Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by brettmc View Post
    Excellent thread! I just bought Jet DST and ECMPro so this is providing me valuable info. I think I have a question that will provide some valuable info for me and others here. Here goes, I pulled my tune today and was looking at it when I noticed that the Speed Density box is checked. What does this affect and why would the tuner do it?

Also, will the TCC stuff make any difference in a m6 car?
    Sounds like somebody gave you a SD tune.

TCC controls should be ignored.

Founding Member

Status

Freescan datalogging and viewing help:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebird_1995 View Post
    this is how i view freescan .csv logs using open office. i'll start from the very beginning...

1. with freescan running and operational, click "start" in the CSV Logging box. name your file and click "open". after your done logging click "stop".

2. run open office. click "file", "open". find your scan and double click it. then this box will pop up...
    Attachment 7510
    in the "separator options" section, make sure only the "comma" box is checked and click "ok".

3. your file should open and be readable now. here are some other things you can do to the file to help viewing...
    click the line between the number 1 and 2 row and drag it down to make the row taller like this...
    Attachment 7511
    then right click the number one row and click "format cells". click the "alignment" tab and select "wrap text automaticly"
    Attachment 7514
    now you can start shrinking the columns down so they all fit on the page without panning. click the line between the columns (a,b,c,) and drag them to make them smaller, like this
    Attachment 7515
    finally, click the number 2 row, click "window" and "freeze". this will lock the top row on the top of the page so you will always know what column you are viewing.
    Attachment 7512

that should just about get it. if theres something i left out or need to clarify, let me know. good luck!

InActive Member

Status

can we do a how to on the BLM locker? That would be a good addition

Founding Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by hoursetraitor View Post
    can we do a how to on the BLM locker? That would be a good addition
    BLM locker is incredibly simple. Download. Open. find .bin file. Set to locked. Let it do it's thing. Done. The program is too basic to mess up.

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by LSWHO View Post
    BLM locker is incredibly simple. Download. Open. find .bin file. Set to locked. Let it do it's thing. Done. The program is too basic to mess up.
    It wouldn't open, said "not a genuine win 32" something or other. Maybe it has to be run in compatibility mode for win 7?

Founding Member

Status

I would assume so. I already locked your BLMs. You don't need to.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast